Stephanie Plum novels

strawberry333

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 10:38 am
Can someone provide a little background on these Stephanie Plum books? What are they about? I've never heard of them!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:01 am
Heeven wrote:
I don't know. I think The Rock is too big/bulky and not mysterious enough to do it. It needs to be somebody who looks cuban, has a well-muscled but not bulky body and is only a little taller than Stephanie. And he doesn't need to be a pretty boy. I am thinking a broken nose or a scar on the face would make him hotter.

I haven't read the books (but it sounds like I should!)

When I read Heeven's description I thought immediately of Benecio del Toro.

http://dolshouse.com/queensmen/image/benicio_squat.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:55 pm
I like also like the Stephanie Plum books - of course, they are a bit predictable after a while. But that's ok, you want to know your characters.

I don't want to have any faces for the characters. I will stick to the ones in my head. And Reese Witherspoon???? No!
0 Replies

beingsomebody

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 11:50 am
Hi, I just finished the twelfth book and I loved it! I've also thought that these novels would be the best movies. I see:

Sandra Bullock as Stephanie Plum
Benjamin Bratt as Joe Morelli
Antonio Banderas as Ranger
Mo'nique as Lula (she hilarious)
Danny DeVito as Vinnie

And that's all I've really thought of.
0 Replies

epekindini

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:30 pm
Hello,

This should be a series... we need to see this on a weekly basis people!

Just had to mention my choices:

Joe Morelli:
Jesse Metcalfe... so perfect.. looks italian and totally hot!!!
will get pic soon.
Next: Mark Whalberg

Debi Mazar as Connie...

Monique as Lula... she is one funny woman!

Stephanie:
I know this is way off but I can kind of see Jessica Simpson playing Stephanie (she's a bit of a goof ball and we have seen first hand her domestic side in the newlyweds)

Picture Monique and Jessica Simpson together... (that some funny sh-t right there!)

A close second would be: Carla Gugino for Stephanie... I see the physical attributes but i dont see her being funny...

I agree the rock should be Tank... but this would make casting Ranger difficult!

Joyce: Debra Messing(red hair vixen) or Laura Flyne Boyle(got the bitch role down)

Grandma Mazur:
Ellen Albertini Dow ( Dude, how funny was she in wedding crashers..)

Frank: the Dad
Dan Lauria ( the dad from the wonder years)

Mom:
Carol Kane or the mom from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
0 Replies

xxxawesomexxx

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:14 pm
cast 4 sp movie
Joe Morelli - Reynaldo Gianecchini
Stephanie Plum - Carla Gugino
Ranger - John Abraham
Lula - Sherri Shepherd
Connie - Alida Valli
0 Replies

ita

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:23 am
am i the only one here who pictures mark ruffalo as morelli? to me, he's just the epitome of the italian cop cliche.
some place or other on the internet i saw someone said they would cast adrien brody as sally sweet, and i'm totally obsessed with this idea!!! i think he's just perfect for the part!
reese witherspoon?? hell no! NOT stephanie at all!
0 Replies

sharmaen

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:51 am
stephanie plum novels --character ideas for movie
Hi really new to this forum, i think that drew barrymore would be great as stephanie plum, mark ruffallo as morelli,vin deisel as ranger, danny de vito as vinnie, yetta from "the nanny" as grandma mazur, eddie murphy as Lola!!
0 Replies

adat

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:38 pm
Stephanie Plum novels
Hi All,
It's my Mom's fault that I've become addicted to Stephanie Plum. I haven't read anything but her books in the last 2 months.
Is it true about a movie?
Here are my picks:
Sandra Bullock or Drew Barrymore - Stephanie
Antonio Sabato Jr. - Joe (he is perfect for it)
Manny Perez Edit [Moderator]: Link removed - Ranger
I agree Monique is a great choice for Lula.
thanks
0 Replies

gracielou

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:25 am
my whole family has became OBSESSED with the Stephanie Plum novels and recently my sister and I have discussed who would best portray the characters in the novel. here is our suggestions.

Stephanie: 1st choice - Marissa Tomei
2nd Choice - Sandra Bullock
3rd Choice- Debra Messing

Joe: 1st Dermot Mulroney - my best friends wedding
2nd Adrian Griener - Entourage
3rd Eric Dane - aka mcsteamy ( mark sloan) in greys anatomy

Ranger 1st Galen Gering - Luis Lopez- Fitzgerald from passions HOT
2nd The Rock
3rd Ricardo Antonio Chavira - Carlos Solis Desperate Housewives

Valerie- Toni Collette
Reese Witherspoon

Lula : Queen Latifia
Monica

Vinnie - Dan Hedaya - First wives club
Danny Devito

Joyce : Jennifer Coolidge - legally blonde
Kim Cattrall - samantha jones from sex and the city

Connie: Fran Drescher - the nanny
Maggie Wheeler- Janice from Friends.
0 Replies

Jadee

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:08 am
Stephanie plum
Fair does.. ive not long been reading these novels and there ace!
Hands up to janet evanovich, i can't seem to put these books down.
Considering im of the younger generation who love nothing more than going out or sitting at home on the comp, i would like nothing more than to sit down with a stephanie plum novel.

I was thinking to myself the other day would it make a good movie?
There could be some pretty great actors taking the roles but i don't think it would be of any comparison to the book. If so, i think that the film should play along the storyline of the books. There's all sorts of adventures to choose from!

Jade =]
0 Replies

Mumpad

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 04:37 am
Just finished "Fearless Fourteen" (as has my daughter).

Whoever you cast in the roles, there would be disappointment (other than Danny De Vito as Vinnie).

Just enjoy the pictures in your head, & keep chuckling as you read.

And damn, doesn't that girl have a problem choosing between Ranger & Joe!!?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:54 am
Boomerang-- I thought of Benicio del Torro too, as Ranger.

I think Monique would make a good Lula-- (someone elses suggestion). Remember, Lula's got a few extra pounds on her and wears those outrageous outfits.

Whenever Grandma enters the picture I always thought of Estelle Getty, alas, she has gone to the great beyond.

Sandra Bullock, others have suggested, is a good choice.

Joe Pesci (much better than the overused D. Devito) for the uncle who owns the bail bonds place.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 06:00 am
strawberry333 wrote:
Can someone provide a little background on these Stephanie Plum books? What are they about? I've never heard of them!

In a nutshell-- Stephanie Plum lives in New Jersey close to her parents and works for her cousin who'se a bailbondsman. She always gets involved in some murder/plot/intrigue in every book.

She is torn between two men-- stable Morrelli, and in the shadows Ranger.

Wackiness ensues in everybook. These are lighthearted, easy to read, check your brain at the door books. Stephanie has a remarkable slim figure for someone who eats her way through every book.

Evanovich has chose a number theme for all her books-- the first I ever read was Hot Six, which I picked up at the airport.
0 Replies

discoroxie

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 04:05 pm
@alchemy3,
hi i read the 5th book first n really liked it so I am now on number 3!!!! I am reading it for a school book report also and i have to make her a myspace page I read all your comments and I couldn't find anyone who had actors and actresses for Mary Lou (stephanies best friend),Carl Costanza (stephanies sisters husband i think), and stephanies mom.......I also was wondering if any of you knew about a movie her character liked and music that would be very helpful to me THANK YOU
0 Replies

mdavis4

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 09:22 am
I work for Borders Books and we have been waiting a long time for a Stephanie Plum movie to hit the big screen, so long that we finally made our own movie. We want fans to do the same " make a short video based on a character or scene or make up your own…just for fun. Post the video on YouTube and send the link to [email protected] and we may share some of the videos with our millions of customers! You can view our movie at http://tinyurl.com/d6lgej for a little inspiration and don’t forget the latest Stephanie Plum book -- Finger Licken' Fifteen -- comes out June 23!
0 Replies