What Would You Do With Divine Powers?

Thu 28 Jul, 2022 06:20 am
Pretty much as the title says. They can be whole (like Bruce Almighty) or in part (Thor gives you taser-level lightning powers), and they can be from God, gods, or Lovecraft critters (not sure they bestow stuff). Temporary, permanent, or powers but you're still mortal.

You get to write whatever situation. You can be selfish or not.

Dammit, no lazy answers. "I don't believe in gods so I don't have to answer you", so why are you here then?
Even if you don't believe, one offered you powers anyway to prove you're wrong or just because. What do you do with them? Refuse to use them on principle? Decide it's a trick? Actually try to fight the one who gave you power, because gods shouldn't exist?
=====================
Example:
I'm drinking whiskey at a pub when Jesus sits next to me, and asks if I'd like to be able to turn water into wine and other spirits. I don't recognize him so I'm like "Sure, who wouldn't?"
I set up a bar. I have no collateral , but I quickly convince the banker that I can create alcohol with no funds, meaning that he only has to loan enough for the building itself and I'll more than pay it back.
I later work in a distillery to avoid public view, making thousands of gallons of whiskey.
======================
Simple, you set up the scenario, write it, and you can do anything within the scenario including try to kill the divine being that gave you the power (some won't die, and some kill you instead). I don't care as long as you write a decent scenario. People who come just to not answer bug the hell out of me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,101 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 28 Jul, 2022 06:50 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
I would give back Devine power to God. Only God has the wisdom to handle Devine power. ๐Ÿ™‚
bulmabriefs144

Fri 29 Jul, 2022 05:29 pm
@NealNealNeal,
But what if he's like, "Neal, I'm tired. I want these people to treat the creation better, and live better lives, but they're wasting their lives playing Minecraft and Kingdom Hearts. So I want you to use my powers to find some novel approach to reaching them"?

(As a side note, I'd be totally there playing Kingdom Hearts)
bobsal u1553115

Sun 31 Jul, 2022 10:56 am
@NealNealNeal,
Would that be Andy Devine power or divine power?
Real Music

Sun 31 Jul, 2022 09:17 pm
What Women Want (2000) Trailer | Movieclips Classic Trailers

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 31 Jul, 2022 09:23 pm
How Moses McCormick learned 50+ languages! RIP

Quote:
๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ Moses McCormick was a prolific language learner and YouTuber who passed away recently.

Incredibly, Moses spoke (to varying degrees) over 50 languages, and I wanted to pay tribute to him by making a video about how he learned languages - what drove him, and the techniques he used.

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 31 Jul, 2022 10:20 pm
Prince Could Basically Play Every Instrument.

Quote:
Prince was widely regarded as one of the greatest musicians of his generationโ€‹. Leaving behind a musical legacy which demonstrates his ability to play a number of instruments throughout his career. What better way to show how talented you are then to show you can play them all!

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 31 Jul, 2022 10:43 pm
Prince: Hunting for the secret vault at Paisley Park - BBC News.

Quote:
The American pop musician Prince is rumoured to have a large collection of unreleased music locked away inside a vault. For years fans have speculated about whether the stories are true and just how much music there may be. The BBC's Mobeen Azhar has been to Minneapolis in search of the truth.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Mon 1 Aug, 2022 06:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Would that be Andy Devine power or divine power?

I guess I misspelled the word "Divine". ๐Ÿ™‚
Bobsal--- You are really good at the "love your neighbor" approach to life. How would you answer Bulma's question?
NealNealNeal

Mon 1 Aug, 2022 06:38 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But what if he's like, "Neal, I'm tired. I want these people to treat the creation better, and live better lives, but they're wasting their lives playing Minecraft and Kingdom Hearts. So I want you to use my powers to find some novel approach to reaching them"?

(As a side note, I'd be totally there playing Kingdom Hearts)

Bulma,
I have learned that God has the very best in mind for His creation. I could not improve on what God has done.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 1 Aug, 2022 07:54 pm
I'd probably go on YouTube and watch some reactions to movies and songs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 2 Aug, 2022 09:17 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Sure. I'd slow down his ability to type.
0 Replies

Thomastrokan33

Mon 8 Aug, 2022 11:26 am
@bulmabriefs144,
I would have the power, to turn the universal people of Mexico (not the traditional nominal 'people of Mexico') into the society, of browsing on Kapow Toys.

Browsing on Kapow, so that one can look at Transformers toys (Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Galvatron, Ramjet etc) is a deeply spiritual experience, better than extramarital affairs being geopolitics, better than my body feeling attacked, when I contemplate the handshake etc;

Indeed: I would turn the inherent identity, of the action of looking on the website, into a society unto itself, using the universal version of the people of Mexico.

The universal version, of the people of Mexico: what does it mean?

It's like saying the universal nightclub. Or, the universal DVD.

0 Replies