What are the chances I'm pregnant??? (Please help)

TR14L

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2022 03:04 am
My boyfriend and I are still very young and are afraid to get pregnant so we've never had sex, but we've fooled around a lot and a couple weeks ago he came all over my shorts, it definitely soaked through both my shorts and underwear but I got changed immediately.
I know it's unlikely but my mood has been unstable, I've had trouble eating and sleeping and a bunch of other issues that all started around the time we did that. I don't know what to do. Technically my period is late but only by a day or so.

I'd go get a pregnancy test just to ease my nerves but my parents are overbearing and strict so there's no way I'd be able to get one without them finding out.
I'm a stressed out teenager and I just want someone smarter than me to tell me that I'm over thinking it...

View best answer, chosen by TR14L
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2022 06:34 am
@TR14L,
You're probably overthinking it.

However-- IANAD.

And exactly how the hell would your folks find out if you bought a pregnancy test? Take cash out from an ATM and go to a drugstore with your boyfriend and have him make the purchase.

Pregnancy tests are cheap and plentiful, and any pharmacist who blabs about your purchase to anyone, even your parents, or who gives you a hard time about it should lose their license.

I'm not kidding. Despite the current post-Roe shitshow, pharmacists are bound by confidentiality rules.

If for whatever reason you can't get a pregnancy test in town then go to another one, or have your boyfriend order one from Amazon.

Fear of being pregnant can screw with your head, make you anxious, and delay your period. It does you no good to avoid a test, particularly these days, where there are plenty of places where you can't get an abortion after 6 weeks. Waiting and wringing your hands with anxiety will make you miss that ridiculously tiny window.

What are the chances that you're pregnant? Probably close to zero--today.

But when your sex play progresses (and the chances of that happening are way higher than zero), you will need to be able to act. Make a plan now, even if you think abortion is horrible, and even if you don't think you'll ever use it.

Knowing what you will do, no matter what it is, will help your anxiety, too
0 Replies