HOW NUTTY CAN THINGS GET?

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 01:34 pm
This is a truly interesting story about how insane things have gotten in our country. It may be behind a paywall...but the three paragraphs I quote give you all the information you need to consider the OP question.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/20/us/politics/eric-greitens-rino-ad.html

Eric Greitens, a Republican candidate for the United States Senate in Missouri, released a violent new political advertisement on Monday showing himself racking a shotgun and accompanying a team of men armed with assault rifles as they stormed — SWAT team-style — into a home in search of “RINOs,” or Republicans in name only.

“Join the MAGA crew,” Mr. Greitens, a former Navy SEAL, declares in the ad. “Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn’t expire until we save our country.”

The ad by Mr. Greitens was just the latest but perhaps most menacing in a long line of Republican campaign ads featuring firearms and seeking to equate hard-core conservatism with the use of deadly weapons.

Mame

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'd use the word 'dangerous' over 'nutty'. Scary times south of the 49th, for sure.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 01:42 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I'd use the word 'dangerous' over 'nutty'. Scary times south of the 49th, for sure.

I get ya. Perhaps I shoulda used "...nutty and dangerous."
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 03:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The ad by Mr. Greitens was just the latest but perhaps most menacing in a long line of Republican campaign ads featuring firearms and seeking to equate hard-core conservatism with the use of deadly weapons.

I'd hardly call him a hard-core conservative. I believe he's even gone past reactionary into the realm of fascism.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2022 12:49 pm
The Thom Hartmann Program

The Texas Republicans had their convention over the weekend, and they came up with the official party platform for the 2022 elections, and the platform says that A: Joe Biden is not actually our president, Donald Trump is, seriously; B: John Cornyn is officially rebuked for discussing gun control with the Democrats. ...and also putting down that they want to change the laws of Texas to make homesexuality "an abnormal lifestyle choice."

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HOW NUTTY CAN THINGS GET?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:51:01