JESUS

Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 07:00 am
@Theo202,
And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
Acts 9:8-9
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 06:39 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink. Acts 9:8-9

Luke’s account of Paul’s conversion as he saw it, Acts 9: 1-19; But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him. 4 And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting; 6 but rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul arose from the ground; and when his eyes were opened, he could see nothing; so they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Anani′as. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Anani′as.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for a man of Tarsus named Saul; for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen a man named Anani′as come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Anani′as answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem; 14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon thy name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; 16 for I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Anani′as departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came, has sent me that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized, 19 and took food and was strengthened.

And here is Paul’s personal account of his conversion, Acts 22: 6-16; “As I made my journey and drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone about me. 7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?’ 8 And I answered, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And he said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.’ 9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me. 10 And I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Rise, and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all that is appointed for you to do.’ 11 And when I could not see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me, and came into Damascus.

12 “And one Anani′as, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, 13 came to me, and standing by me said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And in that very hour I received my sight and saw him. 14 And he said, ‘The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Just One and to hear a voice from his mouth; 15 for you will be a witness for him to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Luke’s account and Paul’s account may not be word for word the same, as would be expected, but they do not contradict each other.

Some13-14 years after the ascension of Jesus, sometime between 41 and 44 C.E., when Agrippa was king of Israel, Paul relates the shortened account of his conversion to King Agrippa.

“Thus, I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining round me and those who journeyed with me. And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.’ And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand upon your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you to serve and bear witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, (Ananias was one of they, in who Jesus appeared to Saul) delivering you from the people and from the Gentiles—to whom I send you to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

A shortened version of the event, but nothing there contradicts his account in Chapter 22.

Only a biblically ignorant fool would think for one moment that Paul, the apostle appointed by the Lord as His chosen instrument to carry His name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; was the worthless shepherd that the Lord through his prophet Zechariah was referring to.

To be continued.
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 06:44 pm
@The Anointed,
Continued from previous post.

Here IMO, is the worthless shepherd that the Lord, through his prophet Zechariah was referring to.

It was Emperor Constantine who decided to personally summon all the opposing and quarrelling Christian leaders to the first ever ‘World Council’.

The date was 325 AD, in the town of Nicaea, where Constantine was to resolve the bitter source of contention between those differing bodies of beliefs. After Constantine the Judge, had made his decision on which belief the Christians should follow, he urged all council delegates to sign the revised formula as a statement of faith on which all Christians should in the future agree.

From the book--- “Jesus The Evidence,” by Ian Wilson. P. 144. “The Middle Ages, for the Jews at least, began with the advent to power of Constantine the Great. He was the first Roman Emperor to issue laws which radically limited the rights of the Jews as citizens’ of the Roman Empire, a right conferred on them by Caracalla in 212. As Constantine’s church grew in power it influenced the emperors to limit further the civil and political rights of the Jews.

But if times were again difficult for the Jews, for the Christian Gnostics and other fringe groups they were impossible. The books of Arius and his sympathizers were ordered to be burnt, and a reign of terror proclaimed for all those who did not conform with the new official Christian line decided upon by Emperor Constantine.

:Understand now by this present statute, Novatians, Valentinians, Marcionites, Paulinians, you who are called Cataphrygians. . . . with what a tissue of lies and vanities, with what destructive and venomous errors, your doctrines are inextricably woven! We give you warning . . . .Let none of you presume, from this time forward, to meet in congregations. To prevent this, we command that you be deprived of all the houses in which you have been accustomed to meet . . . . and that these house’s, should be handed over immediately to the catholic/ i.e. universal church.

Within a generation, hardly leaving a trace of their existence for posterity, the great majority of these groups simply died away as successive Christian emperors reiterated the policies that Constantine had pursued.”

The Popes of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine all claim to be the chosen Shepherd of God's people.
0 Replies

Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 07:21 pm
@The Anointed,
Contradictions: 1 the voice. By saying that only he heard the message, Paul is establishing himself as the "single source of truth" about what was said. If the intent was for only Paul to hear the message, then there would be no point in him being told in the presence of witnesses.

7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 08:28 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
Contradictions: 1 the voice. By saying that only he heard the message, Paul is establishing himself as the "single source of truth" about what was said. If the intent was for only Paul to hear the message, then there would be no point in him being told in the presence of witnesses.

7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

Luke’s account Acts 9:7; The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

Paul’s account 22: 9; Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

I have explained to you previously that this apparent contradiction between Luke's account and Paul's account of his conversion, occurred through erroneous translation of the Greek word; “akouo,” but seeing as you do not have the mental capacity to comprehend that which you have read, let me here repeat what I had said to you in a previous post.

The Greek term “akouo”, which is used in both accounts to mean “HEAR” and “HEARD” can mean, [To hear what has been said, or to understand that which was said.]

When we look to 1st Corinthians 14: 2; we find there, that it is written, "The one who speaks in strange tongues does not speak to others but to God, because no one, “akouo” = “UNDERSTANDS” him." The Greek "akouo" is here translated as "Understand" and so Acts 9:7; reveals that the men who were with Paul heard the voice, but Acts 22: 9; reveals that although they did hear the voice, they did not 'UNDERSTAND' what the voice they heard was saying.

Quote:
If the intent was for only Paul to hear the message, then there would be no point in him being told in the presence of witnesses.

The point is, that God apparently only wanted Paul to UNDERSTAND what he was saying.

When our heavenly Father spoke to Jesus from heaven, the people there thought it was thunder, if the intent was for Jesus alone to understand the message, what was the point of him being told in the presence of witnesses?

I suppose because God only wanted Jesus to understand what he was saying.
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 08:34 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
I have explained to you previously that this apparent contradiction occurred through erroneous translation of the Greek word; “akouo,” but seeing as you do not have the mental capacity to comprehend that which you have read,

Wrong, ambiguity doesn't work in your favour. Contra proferentem.

Quote:
When we look to 1st Corinthians 14: 2; we find there, that it is written, "The one who speaks in strange tongues does not speak to others but to God, because no one, “akouo” = “UNDERSTANDS” him." The Greek "akouo" is here translated as "Understand" and so Acts 9:7; reveals that the men who were with Paul heard the voice, but Acts 22: 9; reveals that although they did hear the voice, they did not 'UNDERSTAND' what the voice they heard was saying.

Wrong again, the men who were with Paul must have understood what was said in order for it to be written in Acts 9 without Paul's involvement, given the differences in those two accounts.
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 08:37 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
Wrong, ambiguity doesn't work in your favour. Contra proferentem.

Bye, bye, go and find someone else to annoy with your stubborn ignorance.
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 08:41 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Bye, bye, go and find someone else to annoy with your stubborn ignorance.

I'm not the one who refused to address the evidence of Paul being one of the false apostles that were rejected by the Ephesians.

Rev 2:2 identifies the false apostles as liars, and it's easy to show that Paul was a liar. A lying self declared witness certainly fits the description of a worthless shepherd.
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 08:48 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
I'm not the one who refused to address the evidence of Paul being one of the false apostles that were rejected by the Ephesians.

I have revealed to all that Paul does not contradict himself, but you are Wrong, ambiguity doesn't work in your favour. Contra proferentem. Reveal your evidence that the Ephesians rejected Paul as a false prophet, or stand convicted as a biblically ignorant liar?
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 09:14 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
I have revealed to all that Paul does not contradict himself

He clearly contradicted himself about whether or not he was told to go to Damascus for instructions.

Quote:
Reveal your evidence that the Ephesians rejected Paul as a false prophet

I never said false prophet.

https://able2know.org/topic/569034-2#post-7223196
The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 09:24 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
I never said false prophet.

You lie. Here are your exact words. "Further, there's circumstantial evidence that Paul was among the group of false apostles who were rejected at Ephesus. (Revelation 2:1-2, Acts 19:8-9)." The apostles were also prophets.

Just as a point of interest, http://www.fenichel.com/Grave.shtml
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:16 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
You lie.

Don't be stupid. Even if being an apostle meant being a prophet, the fact that I didn't use a particular term wouldn't change the meaning of my original statement.
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:24 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
You lie.

No, your false association doesn't mean that I lied.
Speaking of liars, here is a good example of Paul lying:

But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
Acts 23:6

But it was really about whether or not Paul was keeping the law:

Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.
Acts 21:24
0 Replies

The Anointed

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:42 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
Don't be stupid. Even if being an apostle meant being a prophet, the fact that I didn't use a particular term wouldn't change the meaning of my original statement.

Paul the apostle of Jesus, was given by the Holy Spirit, the gifts of prophecy, teaching, healing, words of knowledge, speaking in tongues, and working of miracles, etc.

Nevertheless, you have defamed Paul, a chosen apostle/prophet by saying that he was among the false apostle/prophets that were rejected by the Ephesians, and you have no evidence whatsoever to support your lying accusations against the holy apostle of the Lord, just as you have no evidence to support your lie that Paul contradicted himself.

John the beloved Apostle who wrote the prophetic book of Revelation was certainly not rejected by the Ephesians either.

The grave sites of John who was surnamed 'Mark' and his adopted mother 'MARY' who were taken into the land of Pamphylia by her half brother Joseph the Levite who was surnamed Barnabas, can still be visited today in Ephesus.
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:47 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Paul the apostle of Jesus, was given by the Holy Spirit, the gifts of prophecy, teaching, healing, words of knowledge, speaking in tongues, and working of miracles, etc.

A statement of faith. Facts are what matter when you're making accusations.

Quote:
Nevertheless, you have defamed Paul, a chosen apostle/prophet by saying that he was among the false apostle/prophets that were rejected by the Ephesians

No, I didn't say that. Go look up what "circumstantial evidence" means.
The Anointed

Wed 27 Apr, 2022 12:42 am
@Theo202,
Quote:
No, I didn't say that. Go look up what "circumstantial evidence" means.

Then reveal the circumstantial evidence, that you believe supports your lying statement that Paul, the holy apostle/prophet of the Lord was rejected by the Ephesians as a false Apostle.

There was a riot in Ephesus, which was started by a silversmith named Demetrius who made a living by making and selling silver models of the temple of the goddess Artemis, and he called together all those who like himself, made a living my making images of the goddess Artemis' temple, who saw Paul's teachings as a danger, believing that this new teaching would destroy the greatness of the goddess Artemis, and models of her temple would become nothing to the populous, and be the ruination of their business.

But those business men, were not the false apostles that the Lord refers to in Revelation 2: 2; where he says to his church- his followers; "I know what you have done; I know how hard you have worked and how patient you have been. I know that you cannot tolerate evil people and that you have tested those who say they are apostles but are not, and have found out that they are liars.

Those business men, who started those riots were not claiming to be apostles. And Paul was not among those liars who claimed to be apostles, and you have absolutely no evidence to support your false accusations against Paul, the Holy apostle of the Lord.
Theo202

Wed 27 Apr, 2022 01:20 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Then reveal the circumstantial evidence, that you believe supports your lying statement that Paul, the holy apostle/prophet of the Lord was rejected by the Ephesians as a false Apostle.

I didn't make a lying statement, fool.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » JESUS
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 09:06:52