What's In A Name ... ?

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:28 am
Hello, all!

Just wondering if you linguaphiles might assist me in an endeavor? As most of you know, we run a handyman business. It's called "Handyman and More". We'd like something a bit more clever. Anyone got any ideas? A good 'tag line' would be nice as well. Put your thinking caps on and thank you in advance!

We do everyting from repairs to remodeling, residential and commercial, plumbing, electrical, drywall (a specialty).

p.s. Maybe after a while we could turn this into a 'business naming' game...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 959 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:46 am
Tagline? Perhaps

Not handy? We are!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 06:14 am
We get it done when the others run.

You name it we can do it.

So pick up your phone there's no need to moan.

There's no need to, fear Handyman is here! (with apologies to Underdog)

(Look, it's early this is all I can manage without my coffee)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 06:53 am
dev-

There's not enough info.How big are you.Any employees.Do you deliver.What type of area do you service.Is it urban,sub or mainly rural?There are a lot of factors come in to get a perfect name and "come on" line.I know them all.

You ring we bring.

Everything you need for your home.(Home is a good word)

The family firm.

Tools and hardware for every job.

Devvie's DIY Store.

Our value is your value.

Actually-if you build a better mousetrap the world will beat a path to your door.You are your reputation and tags etc won't get past that.Think how you shop.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:13 pm
Thanks all! I know I can count on you!

Spendi-, We are small - hubby, the handyman and 2 - 3 sub-contractors, not actual employees per se.
We are in the city, but we go as far away as we're needed, suburbs,... (in west Michigan - although, if the pay were fabulous, I could go to England or elsewhere!)
Our services are too numerous to mention, but I'll try to give you an idea. We DON"T do large construction, like houses, buildings, etc. We do commercial and residential. Lately most work has been from rental property management companies, but it changes from time to time. Let's see: plumbing (everything but what you need, by law, to have a licensed plumber), same with electric, drywall, rubbish removal, repairs of all sorts. We give 24 hr. emergency service. We pride ourselves on a job well done, and we clean up after ourselves. You wouldn't think that to be such a big deal, but you'd be surprised at the jobs we've gotten that are "re-do's" from another contractor who either screwed it up or left the customer "high and dry"! Is that enough info?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 05:47 pm
We clean up after ourselves might be something to think about.

NO MESS AND IT'S LESS.

I'll think about it.Anything for a trier.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 06:28 pm
Thanks!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
My husband is pretty handy (thank God) and he calls those things his "Honey do's"".

Since the only way I usually get him to do his honey do's is by threatening to call someone to do it....

I'm suggesting you call your business "Honey Do's"

You can advertise by saying:

Honey don't?
Call Honey Do's!

All the girls will get it.
0 Replies

JAAF

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 01:52 am
Or you know...
"They screw and we re-do." Laughing

Just kidding.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 02:58 am
I like 'Hubby and the Handyman'! Not really as a name but it has a swing to it
Your husband's name? The handyman's?

I watch this thread with interest!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:07 am
Me too, Clary!
I like the suggestions, not sure hubby will go for it. He's looking for something "catchy".
Hey, boomerang - I like that too. Our honey do list is now: "Bunsen Honeydew" after the muppet. That ought to give you all an idea of my/our weird sense of humor. I guess I'm looking for something kind of witty or (dare I say punny?). Love the tag lines too. Keep 'em comin'!
0 Replies