Why is she so damn suspicious of everything I do?

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 10:52 am
Yes, this is about my wife so if you don't want to read it click on another forum.

Last night we got into it because I wanted to watch some of my shows on our DVR instead of us watching "our" shows on the DVR. Here's the deal. We have a TV in every room in our house. A DVR in the kitchen, living room, and bedroom. Some shows I record for myself, some shows she records for herself, and other shows we watch together. Typically my wife records the shows she watches on the kitchen DVR and looks at them while she's working. She is not on the phones so she can keep up with her programs. I record some stuff in our bedroom for me and in the living room but our bedroom TV is behind my head from where the desk is so I can't see the TV. Plus, I take calls all day long so I can't start a show, keep turning around to see it, then have to pause it and turn back around once my phone rings. So the only time I can even watch one of my shows is during my 1 hour lunch break and then that's just one show.

I recorded these shows on The History Channel called I Was There and they are really good shows about events in history. After I got off work last night I started the newest episode in the living room and really got into it. My wife was upset that I didn't want to watch one of our shows that we normally do every single night. I told her I was really falling behind on my stuff and just wanted to catch up. She took that to mean I just didn't want to watch TV with her so she storms off to the bedroom. Now again, there's a TV in the bedroom and so she starts complaining that there's nothing to watch that she wants to see. I mean really, we have cable service with over 200+ channels and we also subscribe to a number of streaming services. Smart TVs in each room and you mean to tell me you can't find 1 thing to watch to occupy your time for just one night?

Today I'm sitting at my desk and me and one of my sisters email each other back and forth all day because it's much easier to do that than to pick up the phone and have a conversation, again, I'm a phone rep so I don't want to have to keep telling my sister to hold on or I'll call you right back. I also have my cell phone on the desk with me and I may play around on it, look up something on my phone or I'll open an app then put it down. If my wife walks into the room and I close an app or even touch my phone she thinks I'm up to something and don't want her to see. My back is to the door of our bedroom so if I was to really be up to something why would I even think to do it when she could easily walk up on me? Most of the time I'll just hit the home button to go back to my home screen. No need in just letting it sit there wasting the battery. Today we have our grandbaby and she's walking now. She goes from room to room exploring. One minute she in the kitchen with my wife, the next minute she's in the bedroom with me. The baby was just in the room with me and I guess my wife wanted to know where she was. Again, she's back and forth between the tow of us. My wife walks to the bedroom door and just stands there. I faintly hear her so I just hit the button on my phone to close out what ever app I was in last. She gets all huffy puffy like I'm hiding something from her. She said she was just coming to see where the baby was. Ok, if you're looking for the baby, do you walk to a door and just stand there or do you maybe peak around the corner to see where she is?

The more I try to reassure her I'm not doing anything the more she thinks I'm doing something. I can't even touch my phone in her presence without her suspecting something. I have to always sit so she can see my screen whereas, she's got a privacy screen on her phone so you have to be looking dead at it to see what's on the screen. Do you normally walk into the room where your mate is but instead of walking into the room you stand just outside the door real quietly and watch them before going in?

But now if I completely shut the bedroom door while I'm working then she gets angry saying I'm trying to keep her out of the bedroom.

jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 04:46 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

Yes, this is about my wife so if you don't want to read it click on another forum.

I’ll read any forum I choose to read.

What you two need is a good therapist looking for a challenge. You know I once read an article that said a lot of therapist were alcoholics.

Now I know why. Cool

Drunk
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 05:50 pm
What I wonder is what you saw in each other all those years ago and if that has gone. You seem at odds with each other all the time, not understanding or caring or accepting what the other wants or needs. Two people can be quite different and also accepting. I'm not really getting that from all the posts we've seen. You loved her for a reason way back then. Maybe sit and think about why that was and see if you can get into it again.
TribesmenMike

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 05:57 pm
@Mame,
Is Morgan always that mean on here? Confused
Mame

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 06:04 pm
@TribesmenMike,
Yes, of course. He's the ultimate in insulters. I don't know what his problem is. I mean, he had the bloody nose job, for Pete's sake... you'd think he'd be happy, but... no.... he was scared by a teenaged girl and is insulting his newly-found brother's looks. BTW, DO NOT LISTEN to him re: your looks. You are gorgeous just the way you are. Tell him to BUTT OUT! Smile
TribesmenMike

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 06:11 pm
@Mame,
Laughing Laughing OMG Lisa and I almost fell off the couch Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why is she so damn suspicious of everything I do?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 08:03:15