I need some creative ideas for making Parrot toys

jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 09:57 am
These Macaws have to be entertained constantly. They need toys, whenever I buy a 20 dollar parrot toy it last about two days before he chews it to pieces. Doesn’t matter what it is, wooden toys, he chews them up! One time I made the misstate of buying a wooden toy with a bell on it, thank god he chewed that one up fast, no more toys with bells!

I’ll be back later, have some errands to run. Cool

View best answer, chosen by jcboy
jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 01:24 pm
@jcboy,
I have one idea, buy a mop and make a toy out of it Razz

This would keep him busy for hours!

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 01:33 pm
@jcboy,
Arney need to cheer to keep their beaks trim as I recall when I had a conju tore. Se if a pet store has cuttlebone to chew. On.5
jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 01:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

See if a pet store has cuttlebone to chew.

Oh he does have one of those, large block attached to the side of his cage, those do last a couple of months, great for his beak. He chews them down to nothing but it takes him a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 02:35 pm
Any good ideas here?
https://www.wikihow.com/Keep-a-Macaw-Occupied#:~:text=To%20keep%20a%20Macaw%20occupied%2C%20provide%20toys%20that%20will%20stimulate,wood%2C%20leather%2C%20or%20cardboard.
jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 02:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks Edgar, I will read through it. These Macaws have 2500 lbs of pressure in that beak, they can chew up just about anything, including a cement statue he sits on in the back yard.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 02:49 pm
@jcboy,
You might buy him a steel statue next time.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 06:28 pm
Does it say stuff? You know, like, 'Coco wants a cookie'?
jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 03:12 pm
@Yalow,
He talks, just the other day I was coughing and he told me to shut up. He hears the kids say that to the dogs when they bark, he's always telling the dogs to shut up!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 04:08 pm
@jcboy,
My mate had a parrot that would call the dogs for dinner in his voice and laugh when they turned up.
jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 05:11 pm
@izzythepush,
You know one night I was watching TV with that crazy bird and he started talking to the TV. He keep repeating the word ******, I want to find out where he learned that from!
TribesmenMike

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 06:53 pm
@jcboy,
I figured out how to follow you on here, you’re being watched brother Laughing

Miss all of you!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 11:00 pm
Why don't you get him a playdate, or buy one. A mirror would be good too, so he's tricked into thinking there is another parrot there.

As for toys, use him as nut cracker - get whole walnuts or even better, hazelnuts, they're very hard to crack.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 12:27 am
@jcboy,
By all accounts Churchill's parrot had a few choices things to say about Hitler.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 08:53 am
Thread spools, small wooden blocks, sticks, balls.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 07:49 am
@CalamityJane,
He doesn't like other birds, when he's outside and there are birds around he screams at them to scare them off.

Can’t have any mirrors around this clown, he won’t shut up. I just bought him a new metal perch yesterday these wooden perches don’t last long. I was planning on going to Home Depot today and see if I can buy a couple rubber wheel barrel tires and chain them up in his cage. See how long it lasts.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/IMG_1235_1.jpg
TribesmenMike

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 09:28 am
@jcboy,
I was not a fan of your bird Morgan, he showed me who was boss from the minute I first saw him. Lunged at me in his cage like he wanted to bite my face off.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:19 pm
Do macaws all have the same colors?
0 Replies