Star Trek : Characters

Yalow

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 11:41 am
Which Star Trek character do you identify to? (Not only the first series) When I was young I felt like I was Spock, because so many things seem not logical to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 8

coluber2001

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 02:03 pm
@Yalow,
I wouldn't say I identify with these characters, but they tend to be my favorites. Unlike Spock, who wanted to distance his personality from humans, there are Android and non-human characters who wished to become human-like.

Data, in the Next Generation, was the answer to Spock, but unlike Spock, he wanted to be human. In Voyager you had the holographic doctor, and in Deep Space Nine, you had Odo. All of these characters wanted to become human or at least become like humans. And in the science fiction comedy series, Red Dwarf, the Android Kryten, more than anything wanted to become human. This desire to become human is what made them sympathetic characters.

Spock was just the opposite, and I didn't find him to be a particularly sympathetic character. He was more like a human who wanted to become a computer. But at the time of that Star Trek series, that was interesting and different.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 05:46 pm
@coluber2001,
Although scientists had long since discussed the possibility of speed in excess of the speed of light, Warp Speed did not enter into the public consciousness until the expression was popularized on the science-fiction show Star Trek, in the 1960s. The Star Ship Enterprise, was supposed to have been able to travel at nine thousand times the speed of Light, while the Millennium Falcon could travel at nine million times the speed of Light.

What is your opinion as to the speed anything can travel in this universe Col?

Einstein’s Theory of Relativity says that the speed of light is the maximum speed that anything can travel in the Universe, and yet it is believed that Galaxies beyond the cosmic horizon are moving away from us faster than light, therefore, the light that they emit can never reach us, so, we cannot see them.

See ‘Time dilation beyond cosmic horizon,’ or ‘The accelerating Universe: Nobel Laureate Brian Schmidt.’
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 07:39 pm
I enjoyed Spock's character the most, but I identified the most with Captain Kirk. I went to the first Star Trek convention in New York City in 1972.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2022 01:28 am
@Yalow,
I don't actually identify myself to any Star Trek character,
but I do have favorite Star Trek characters.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2022 01:40 am
@Yalow,
Michael Burnham, portrayed by actress Sonequa Martin-Green
on streaming tv series (Star Trek: Discovery)

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.-EBfOwrhImsq0jxcVPYTnwAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2022 01:49 am
@Yalow,
Benjamin Sisko, portrayed by actor Avery Brooks on the television series
(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ro/8/8f/BenjaminSisko1.png
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2022 05:30 am
@Yalow,
The guy in the red shirt who gets killed at the beginning.
Yalow

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2022 11:18 am
@izzythepush,
. Laughing .
0 Replies