Accused Russian Agent Gave to One Politician: Tulsi Gabbard

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 07:47 am
Accused Russian Agent Gave to One Politician: Tulsi Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii and 2020 presidential dark horse candidate, has long perplexed U.S. officials and observers with her seemingly inexplicable pro-Russian positions. And a new development this week is sure to reinforce the half-jokes that Gabbard is a “Russian asset”; as it turns out, her campaign took money from one.

That agent—dual Russian-American national Elena Branson, also known as Elena Chernykh—stands accused of illegally pushing pro-Russia policies in the United States for nearly a decade, at the direction of top Kremlin officials, without registering under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), according to a criminal complaint federal prosecutors filed this week in the Southern District of New York.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/accused-russian-agent-elena-branson-gave-to-one-politician-tulsi-gabbard
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 981 • Replies: 43

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 08:15 am
Building hysteria wherever the traffic will bear. Nearly $60.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 10:56 am
Sounds rather convenient. My guess is its a political set up.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 11:14 am
@VABGirl,
Quote:
Sounds rather convenient. My guess is its a political set up.

Why do you come to that conclusion so quickly? Are you saying that pro-Hillary operatives coerced the Branson woman into making a sixty dollar donation? Why wouldn't she have simply made the gesture because she saw Gabtard on Fox news and wanted to support her? Or why wasn't she coerced to make a much bigger contribution? That would look a lot more suspicious, right?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 11:38 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Why do you come to that conclusion so quickly?

Kneejerk reaction, that party cuts and pastes directly from the Kremlin.

If Putin thinks it, she says it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 12:01 pm
@VABGirl,
VABGirl wrote:

Southern district of NY is commie country, very pro hillary.

How interesting, where do you pick up such gems?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 03:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:

Can you read Cyrillic?
seac

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 01:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't see any crime in that. I donated to Gabbard, $50, and she doesn't know who I am. I see her as against war in general. She is in the US military and served abroad in Afghanistan.
engineer

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 05:28 am
@seac,
If I were a Russian agent, I would support Gabbard too, but that doesn't mean that she is on the take for Putin.
Lash

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 05:57 am
@engineer,
Excellent point.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 07:06 am
@engineer,
If I were a Russian agent ordered to get funds to Gabbard, I'd follow orders, too.

I really do not think there are very many rogue Russian assets. Would Russia really want independent actions by its agents to draw attention to Moscow's aims and methods?
engineer

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
If I were an American politician in the pocket of a foreign power, I'd demand a lot more than $59.95.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 07:35 am
@engineer,
You'd probably want it to be untraceable too, an account in the Cayman Islands something like that.

This $59.95 is what we know about.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Exactly. The 59.95 was the spy's version of a policeman's throwaway gun.

"Sure I gave her money, $59.95."
0 Replies

seac

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 12:14 am
Seems there are people who think negatively about Gabbard. I've been watching her campaign from the start and she is the cleanest candidate who ran for president. Her campaign funding was very low and she went town to town speaking on the issues important to the nation. Why does being anti-war make her a Russian favorite. She has seen how wasteful war in Afghanistan was in money and lives.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 12:57 am
It is kind of hilarious that Russian agents in the US are so persuasive in trying to gain any kind of eminence to mediocre things with Russian history in the US. There is now an FBI investigation of all political figures in our state who lent an ear to Elena Branson about keeping a State park's Russian name unchanged. I think now the name will be changed due to this dilemma. They ought to look at Alaska and kick themselves for selling it to the US. What? They want it back?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 02:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:

Can you read Cyrillic?

It's been a long time, but Mr. G'bag is the Russian linguist.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:48 am
Gabbard is repeating Kremlin lies about there being chemical weapons labs in Ukraine, thus giving increasing the likelihood of Putin using chemical weapons.

She doesn't seem anti war where Putin is involved, the exact opposite in fact. She's anti the Ukrainians defending themselves.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:58 am
Quote:
(...) False stories in the media have divided us and convinced many people in the U.S. of things that are simply lies.

Former representative Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) released a video today echoing Russia’s false story of “25 to 30 U.S. funded bio labs in Ukraine,” and demanded a ceasefire to secure them.

Later this afternoon, White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted: “This is preposterous. It’s the kind of disinformation operation we’ve seen repeatedly from the Russians over the years in Ukraine and in other countries, which have been debunked, and an example of the types of false pretexts we have been warning the Russians would invent.” Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) slammed Gabbard for “parroting false Russian propaganda.”

substack

1. Forums
  2. » Accused Russian Agent Gave to One Politician: Tulsi Gabbard
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.4 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:18:56