Another update on the step-son

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 12:51 pm
Well, if many of you remember the step-son was living with us for a while due to some legal trouble her got himself with his ex/current gf. He had to wear an ankle monitoring device until some of his charges got cleaned up. Well, those charges were straightened out and the device was taken off. But if you remember there was a time when he was sleeping out in his car because he didn't want to follow he house rules of no weed smell inside the house and he hadn't get vaccinated. Ok, with his charges cleaned up he then begin staying back with the gf at her/their old place. A few weeks ago there were driving and the car was totaled because she was driving and ran a red light and hit another car head on. So much so that the car burst into flames. Last night the wife and I were in bed and around 10:30 or so he called his mom stating that the gf was moving back up north and he would no longer have anywhere to go so guess what that means? Yep, he wants to move back home with us. So now he has no car, no job, no where to live, still not vaccinated and still smoking weed.

What would you do?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 12:58 pm
@Barry2021,
I think you're well within your rights not to let him stay until he gets vaccinated.

As far as the kobol goes, as long as he's not smoking it in the house I'd let it go.

Aren't you all heavily involved in your church, isn't there something it could do?

Why does the opinion of a load of strangers on the Internet matter anyway?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 01:02 pm
@Barry2021,
Oh dear God Almighty, I'm going to put you on ignore because all the pissing and moaning is way more than I can any longer endure........Holy crap guy, show some mercy.......none of us are analysts and most of us have had to deal with things a tinier more oppressive than chocolate covered strawberries and milk-beef or whatever the hell it was you crave.
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 01:22 pm
@Barry2021,
First thing is everyone all good? No one hurt?

If so, then no not until he meets your rules.
Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 01:42 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

So now he has no car, no job, no where to live, still not vaccinated and still smoking weed.

What would you do?

Where is he getting the money for weed? Not vaccinated? he wouldn't be allowed in my house.
Mame

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 03:10 pm
I'd say no. Whether he's vaccinated or not. He is just using you guys and your wife makes excuses for him - that creates division, which you don't need more of. He can bunk in with a friend or with his dad and other brother. Put your foot down. I wouldn't have him in my home until he cleaned up his act.
Barry2021

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:01 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I'd say no. Whether he's vaccinated or not. He is just using you guys and your wife makes excuses for him - that creates division, which you don't need more of. He can bunk in with a friend or with his dad and other brother. Put your foot down. I wouldn't have him in my home until he cleaned up his act.

I feel you but the problem I'm facing is mommy. She's going to keep letting him come back no matter what. "That's my son and he needs somewhere to stay!" Yes, major division in our home over him. Every few months he has some excuse why he needs to come crash in our spare bedroom for a few weeks until the gf lets him come back. Now that she may be moving out of state he really has no where to go and as long as he's unvaccinated I'm not allowing him in our home. Also the fact that he now has no job to help out with anything and mommy will think he's too good to ride public transportation like millions of other people who work but don't have cars. This house doesn't have a revolving door on it and I'm tired of him using us as his parachute for another soft landing. I put my foot down about the weed smell in our house and he resorted to sleeping in the driveway in his car, even during 2 snow storms. And the kicker is that the GF spent the night with him in the driveway during one of those snow storms. How dumb is she? And again, not vaccinated at all but still out running around with no mask on. Oh sure, he can tell us he's wearing it but I do not believe it. There are too many people out now who don't have on masks and I don't know their vax status but I know my step-son's status. He refuses to get the shot.
Mame

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:04 pm
@Barry2021,
Well, I guess you have the vaccination card in this hand and that's about it. Are you going to insist on two shots or just one? Doesn't he have any friends he can stay with?
Barry2021

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:32 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Well, I guess you have the vaccination card in this hand and that's about it. Are you going to insist on two shots or just one? Doesn't he have any friends he can stay with?

I don't care which shot he gets as long as he has a legit vaccination card. He doesn't have any friends because his whole world was revolved around the gf.
Mame

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:47 pm
@Barry2021,
Do you have a garage or a tent? lol
Barry2021

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:59 pm
@Mame,
I've got a carport but it's gravel and had a bunch of junk in it. No where to really sleep. No tent.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 07:25 pm
@glitterbag,
I just put him on ignore, he’s a fake account.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 08:02 pm
@jcboy,
Say it's not so!

How could that possibly be?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:17 am
@jcboy,
The glibness with which he filed questioned gaps in the story was a real tell,

The "he made money delivering food with his car" was an ad-lib too far.

This one was a howler: "I've got a carport but it's gravel and had a bunch of junk in it. No where to really sleep. No tent."
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 01:10 pm
I assure you all that everything I'm telling you is 100% true.

Here's what happened last night. My wife and I went to bed around 11 so. I have sleep issues so I take medication to help me sleep. At some point in the night my wife wakes me up to say she's gotta run to the next city because her son called her. They were at it again. Again, with my medication I mumbled something and fell back to sleep. She literally got up, got dressed, and drove some 15 or 20 miles to their place because she said that the girl wouldn't give him his cell phone charger and he was down to like 1%. He said that the girl was yelling and screaming possibly with the hoped of their neighbors hearing and call the cops on him again, so he called his mom. Stop me if I'm wrong but in my room right now I have 4 or 5 chargers I can use. One next to my bed. One here at my desk. I even have one of those portable chargers in my nightstand that I keep fully charged in case the power goes out. And not to mention several other charging cords on a shelf above my desk I have bought over the years. And that's in my bedroom alone. Not to mention several cords in our living room and in my truck. Cords are cheap so there's no reason to only have one. Then on top of that my wife said that he doesn't even have a key to the apt. His keys were destroyed in the car fire or he couldn't find them. Do you honestly think I'm going to stay in an apartment which my name is on the lease and not have a key? I would have taken her key and went to the closest hardware store, Lowe's or Home Depot and paid the $4 and gotten another one made. Hell, even Walmarts have the kiosk right at the entrance now where you can get a key made.

My wife goes there and I guess defuses the situation because when I woke this morning he wasn't here. I told her that she's gotta stop running to his defense every time they have an argument and he calls. I told her that what if something would have happened to her while she's out running to his rescue. She had a flat or a wreck. With my sleep medication and the fact that I put my phone on silent because of my sleep issues I would have never heard her. My job is to watch out for her but I can't do that if she leaves at 1 AM to go check on her 25 year old son because him and his gf/roommate have another argument. I told her that had I gotten the call I would have said this. "I know you didn't wake me up at 12:30 AM over a cell phone charger!" I would have hung up and went back to sleep. She said that this girl was just trying to get him back into trouble. I reminded her that had he not gone back to her this would have never happened. But of course mommy said that he has no where else to go. Not my problem. My wife says they are not a couple anymore and that he's just staying there because he's still on the lease. This boy is doing more than just sleeping there. He and this girl are still messing around and he's stringing her long if for nothing more than the roof over his head and the sex. What woman gets that angry over a cell phone charger had the guy not been playing with her emotions?

We got the accident report from the wreck a few weeks ago and this is what it stated. She was driving and she said that she looked down at her phone then blacked out. Not only did you tell the police that you were looking at your phone while driving you all of a sudden just blacked out. In all the years we've known this girl not once has she ever mentioned any medical conditions that cause her to just black out. She ran the red light and hit another car head on that was making a left hand turn. I wouldn't doubt if that other driver sued them for every penny they could get.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another update on the step-son
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:24:01