Air Fryers!

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 12:26 pm
Want to get one of those air fryer things...and I'm looking for recommendations from people who actually own one...and have used it.

Don't need a large one...just Nancy and I most of the time.

French fries, chicken wings, chicken fingers, ribs are probably the main things we go for...although I really like veggies baked or barbequed, and I hear there are recipes for those things.

Any comments?

jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 12:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I had one that was a Ninja but had to give it away because it’s Teflon coated and not good for our parrot. I found one by GE, three in one, microwave, conventional oven and air fryer, 219.00 at Lowe’s. I like it. They also had it on Amazon but it was out of stock for three months, took Lowe's two months to get them in.
Mame

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 07:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey Frank - just saw this article that may help you in deciding:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/dining/air-fryer.html?action=click&algo=als1&block=editors_picks_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=696023952&impression_id=983d0f08-7f12-11ec-9188-519c8d45764c&index=2&pgtype=Article&pool=pool%2Fe76d7165-92f7-4bd2-bc6e-298322d3680a&region=footer&req_id=826977157&surface=eos-home-featured&variant=1_als-alpha-5
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 06:44 am
@Mame,

Thanks, Mame. That article was the reason I am back to wanting an Air Fryer. I had kicked it around for a bit last year, and because of the covid restrictions, decided to put the idea on hold. The other day when I read that article, the idea came back. I am still researching things. I thought some folks here might have some ideas from personal use.
Mame

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 10:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am thinking of getting one for my husband. When we bought our toaster oven, we had the choice of an air fryer or a rotisserie. We unfortunately got the rotisserie one (the spit is so high up you can only put slender meat on it). We don't eat much fried food, so we thought Nah to the air fryer. However, when I read that article and saw you could do so many more things with it that your oven basically becomes redundant and you use so much less electricity... I am rethinking. The one sentence there is making me wait - that more and more uses are being developed, so maybe by Christmas I'll find one.

Then the question is - what do I do with my current toaster oven? I do use it a lot - more than my oven. It heats up faster, cooks just the same, and there are only two of us, so it's not like I'm making huge quantities of food that need a bigger oven space. And I got to get rid of my toaster, too.

The reviews are all over the map right now; I'm just going to wait. I wish outlets had demonstrations of the appliances.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 10:37 am
I was given a small one for Christmas. Haven't used it yet. Maybe today or tomorrow.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You won't regret getting one, I use ours all the time. Check out this site for air fryer recipes.

75 Air Fryer Recipes That Will Make Eating Healthy Way Easier

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 01:00 pm
@jcboy,
I don't know if you bought one yet but I sure miss that two drawer Ninja over this GE one I bought. If you're going to air fry two separate items you have to do them one at a time, setting are higher for certain foods. The two drawer Ninja,, much better!
Mame

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 02:49 pm
@jcboy,
The two drawer sounds ideal. I have a two drawer Fisher & Paykel dishwasher that I just love. They work independently so you can do glasses in the top and pots in the bottom. There are multiple settings. We usually only use one at a time, being there's just the two of us. Love it.

If my son's interested in my toaster oven, I'll give it to him and buy the Ninja you suggested.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Air Fryers!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:13:42