Long lines and inability to get covid tests

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 02:32 pm
We canceled and rescheduled my daughters flight back to school. Many of her teammates tested positive so it did not make sense for her to go to school and either ending up catching it from others or not catching and being alone as she is too far from home. Fortunately the coach had agreed as this weeks games are postponed.

She asked if she could be tested before she comes back...no test anywhere...no appointments anywhere..unless you go to a walking clinic and wait 3 or more hours.

We will just send her in a couple if days...the trainers have tests for the athletes there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 309 • Replies: 11

roger

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 02:37 pm
@Linkat,
Every one wants a test and we can't beg some to get vaccinated? Funny place, this world.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 02:48 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Every one wants a test and we can't beg some to get vaccinated? Funny place, this world.

I am only aware of people who are vaccinated trying to get tested. Those I know who are not don't want anything to do with testing I even know of a couple that refuses to fly because they will not wear a mask..instead they plan to drive some crazy amount of distance where they will take several days.

I think this is the beginning of cold season and with similar symptoms as covid people are getting tested left and right.
Mame

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 02:59 pm
@Linkat,
Two things:

We can't get a PCR test here unless we're in the most vulnerable groups or health care/nursing home fields. If we have symptoms, we are told to isolate. They have provided a 5-test rapid antigen kit to everyone who wants one, however, and we picked ours up about 10 days ago. We're supposed to get one each a fortnight but they have run out.

Both my husband and I got a cold, the symptoms were Omicronic. Typical colds that this year lasted 2 weeks for me. Because I hosted a small dinner and attended a slightly larger one at Christmas, I tested myself twice with the RATs. Both came back negative. However, the boyfriend of a friend of mine tested negative and then positive.

We are getting about 1600 positives for Omicron per day, with not many tests being carried out ... the positivity rate is about 22%. But not many are being hospitalized. We are continuing to do what we've done since this started. I think we'll be fine. Since not much is known about Omicron, I have no idea if there will be an Omicron-long-haul.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 03:06 pm
@Mame,
The rapid tests do result in some negative positives as well. This happened to my other daughter resulting in her postponing a flight...the pharmacist actually told her to take a PCR as she had covid previously and it is more accurate...yep came back negative.

Although I was trying to find her one for the PCR we could not even find any rapid or take home tests so she will just need to be tested when she arrives. Seems they are now doing this before before practice any way.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 03:11 pm
@Mame,
For omicronic..not being an expert..but what has been noted is in South Africa where this was first noticed they ate pretty much now clear of it. Seems what happened there was it was much more catchy but with milder symptoms so it seems to have run its course there so it seems promising forcall.
Mame

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 03:13 pm
@Linkat,
Yes... the numbers are ridiculously high but no one we know (many) are sick-sick.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 03:14 pm
@Linkat,
My son was exposed to a classmate who tested positive and he was able to get tested at the local Walgreens. Maybe it's regional.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 03:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

My son was exposed to a classmate who tested positive and he was able to get tested at the local Walgreens. Maybe it's regional.

Quite possibly Walgreens was all booked and so was CVS ...only option was to go to a clinic and I hear the lines are very long.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 05:08 pm
So as part of a birthday present I got a home covid test...think I will try to sell it on eBay and make some big coinage.
Mame

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 06:41 pm
@Linkat,
Is this somehow connected to the cake?
Linkat

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 07:23 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Is this somehow connected to the cake?

Nope I think my friend was being funny or else she heard I couldn't find a testing site for my daughter
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Long lines and inability to get covid tests
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 09:43:49