I’m an E.R. Doctor in Michigan, Where Unvaccinated People Are Filling Hospital Beds

bobsal u1553115

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 04:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Air Force discharges 27 for refusal to get COVID vaccine
Source: Associated Press, via the Seattle Times

Air Force discharges 27 for refusal to get COVID vaccine

Dec. 13, 2021 at 2:25 pm Updated Dec. 13, 2021 at 2:29 pm

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Air Force has discharged 27 people for refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine, making them what officials believe are the first service members to be removed for disobeying the mandate to get the shots.

The Air Force gave its forces until Nov. 2 to get the vaccine, and thousands have either refused or sought an exemption. Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said Monday that these are the first airmen to be administratively discharged for reasons involving the vaccine.

She said all of them were in their first term of enlistment, so they were younger, lower-ranking personnel. And while the Air Force does not disclose what type of discharge a service member gets, legislation working its way through Congress limits the military to giving troops in vaccine refusal cases an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable condition.

None of the 27 sought any type of exemption, medical, administrative or religious, Stefanek said. Several officials from the other services said they believe that so far only the Air Force has gotten this far along in the process and discharged people over the vaccine refusal.

As a result, they were formally removed from service for failure to obey an order. Stefanek said it is also possible that some had other infractions on their records, but all had the vaccine refusal as one of the elements of their discharge.

According to the latest Air Force data, more than 1,000 airmen have refused the shot and more than 4,700 are seeking a religious exemption.

LOLITA C. BALDOR

Read more: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/air-force-discharges-27-for-refusal-to-get-covid-vaccine/

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
The Anointed

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 08:56 pm
@The Anointed,
Continued from previous post.

If you don't mind me asking Mame, how old are you?
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 11:31 pm
@The Anointed,
I don't mind you asking - I'm in my 60's and I'm retired.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 15 Dec, 2021 08:49 pm
Navy Starts Administrative Separations for COVID-19 Vaccine Refusers
Source: U.S. Navy

15 December 2021

From MC1 Mark D. Faram, Chief of Naval Personnel Public Affairs.

WASHINGTON - The Navy issued guidance to commanders to move forward with administrative separations for service members continuing to refuse the COVID-19 vaccination, while leaving the door open for those who change their minds.

The Navy released these procedures, points of contact and other details in NAVADMIN 283/21 on Dec. 15.

“In order to ensure a fully vaccinated force, U.S. Navy policy is, first, that all Navy service members receive the vaccine as directed and, second, that any who refuse the vaccine be processed for separation at the earliest possible opportunity,” said Vice Adm. John B. Nowell, Jr., the chief of naval personnel in the message.

“While the vast majority of Navy service members have already received the vaccine, it remains in the interest of the Navy to encourage remaining Navy service members to become fully vaccinated as soon as possible and, at such time, consider them for retention.”

However, service members currently refusing the vaccine who change their minds still have a path to stay Navy, even if they cannot meet the Navy’s stated vaccination deadlines.

Once these Sailors initiate their vaccination series, they can now work through their commands to report this updated status to COVID Consolidated Disposition Authority (CCDA). Unless there are extenuating circumstances, they could see administrative separations paused or stopped.

Service members with pending COVID-19 vaccination exemption requests will not be processed for separation. However, if denied they must start vaccination within five days of notification. Continued refusal after that will result in administrative processing for discharge.

{snip}

Read more: https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/2874249/navy-starts-administrative-separations-for-covid-19-vaccine-refusers/
glitterbag

Wed 15 Dec, 2021 09:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Mr. G'bag is still with DOD at Fort Meade, Md. The Agency is requiring everyone to be vaccinated and has stated anyone who refuses will be separated. When that organization tells you what they want, they are not fooling around. I retired from the same place after 32 years, the personnel is both civilian and military.......the military expects order.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:51 am
@glitterbag,
I just do not get people putting careers and lives into jeopardy over common sense, time proven strategies to beat this thing.
maxdancona

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The phrase "time proven strategies" seems a little silly in this context.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 09:13 am
@maxdancona,
Paying attention to you would in any context is silly. You are the king of purposely dense non sequitur
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 10:34 am
https://images.dailykos.com/images/1017214/story_image/luckovich-grimreaperthankstofoxandtheright.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 11:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Paying attention to you would in any context is silly. You are the king of purposely dense non sequitur

And yet you keep responding to my posts, and you can't seem to stop talking about me.
glitterbag

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 11:52 am
@maxdancona,
It seems you looove the attention.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 02:39 pm
@maxdancona,
If that's a high point of your miserable life, have at it, troll.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 03:14 pm
Dang. Lost a student to stupidity. But it still hurts.

Not publically an anti-vaxxer, but hadn't gotten vaccinated despite co-morbidities significant enough to justify attending all classes remotely since the start of COVID. They were in my last in-person class the day the University announced campus would be closed in 2 hours.

Return to campus would have been mandatory in the spring (based on professional licensing requirements), so the student planned to graduate a semester early to avoid having to (1) be on campus (2) get vaccinated, and (3) wear a mask. The last was what they were most vocal about.

Sweet and a very bright student - but stupid (as so many are) on this one front.

They fell ill at the start of final exams for their final semester of school. Hospitalized in one of two area hospitals I wouldn't send my worst enemy to (the other of the two having killed my father-in-law). Had to wait in the ER because there were no ICU beds (the county ICU beds are 95% full). Died this morning. Probably wouldn't have survived, even in a more competent hospital.

I've lost other acquaintances and famly members to COVID, but I've had more contact with this student, more recently, than anyone else I've lost to COVID

What a waste.

From my friend, Ms Toad, Prof.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 03:16 pm
Army vax deadline: 2 battalion commanders relieved, discharges begin January, 98% comply
Source: Military Times

The Army’s deadline for active duty troops to be vaccinated against COVID-19 passed Wednesday, and Army officials offered a snapshot of the service’s data and next steps in a Thursday morning release.

The vast majority of the Army’s approximately 485,900 active duty soldiers have complied with the Pentagon’s vaccine requirement, the release said — 96% of troops are fully vaccinated, and an additional 2% have received at least one dose.

Only 3,864 soldiers have “refused the vaccination order without a pending or approved exemption,” the release said. That includes two battalion commanders and an additional four “leaders” who have been relieved, but the release didn’t specify the rank or echelon of the latter four.

In January, commanders will begin involuntarily discharging soldiers who have refused the shot. Most of them — 2,767 — have already received a general officer memorandum of reprimand, an adverse administrative action that could end their careers even if they now opt to get the shot.

Read more: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/12/16/army-vax-deadline-2-battalion-commanders-relieved-discharges-begin-january-98-comply/

More than 100 Marines kicked out of the service for refusing Covid vaccine

So far
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 03:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I just do not get people putting careers and lives into jeopardy over common sense, time proven strategies to beat this thing.

You're never going to beat this thing, with the experiment drugs that are not working, and double vaccinated people who are allowed to enter any venue are catching the disease and spreading it throughout the community.

We've just had a plane load of double vacc's land in our city, now their all in quarantine, because one or more have proven positive.

The good thing about it, is that the unvaccinated who have never had the disease or who have had it with no severe effects, are being kept safe from those disease spreading double vacc's.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 03:34 pm
The Navy needs about six months to separate unvaccinated sailors; here's what they can expect
Source: Navy Times

t could take more than six months to separate sailors who have refused to get COVID-19 vaccinations, according to Navy officials.

“Let me be clear up front: We want every sailor to receive the vaccine and stay Navy,” Rear Adm. James Waters III, director of military personnel, plans and policy, told reporters Tuesday. “And if a sailor gets their shot, we will honor that and make every effort to retain them.”

While most separations will happen in the first half of 2022, Waters expects some cases to continue past then.

“I will say that we think the bulk of these separations will happen in the time period between now and 1 June, because we are providing that window for anyone eligible to retire or separate in that timeframe to do so. … However, we understand that there will be cases that will go past that point,” Waters said.

Read more: https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/12/15/the-navy-needs-about-six-months-to-separate-unvaccinated-sailors-heres-what-they-can-expect/
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 17 Dec, 2021 07:28 pm
Doctors and Nurses Are ‘Living in a Constant Crisis’ as Covid Fills Hospitals

Hospitalizations across the country have increased 20 percent in two weeks, taxing already exhausted health care workers as the United States confronts the Omicron variant.

Quote:
(...)

The highly contagious Omicron variant arrives in the United States at a moment when there is little capacity left in hospitals, especially in the Midwest and Northeast, where case rates are the highest, and where many health care workers are still contending with the Delta variant. Some researchers are hopeful that Omicron may cause less severe disease than Delta, but health officials still worry that the new variant could send a medical system already under pressure to the breaking point.

About 1,300 Americans are dying from the coronavirus each day. The national case, death and hospitalization rates remain well below those seen last winter, before vaccines were widely available. But suddenly, positive tests are growing. State officials in New York reported more than 20,000 coronavirus cases on Friday, which they said was more than on any other day of the pandemic. In Connecticut and Maine, reports of new infections have grown by around 150 percent in the last two weeks. In Ohio and Indiana, hospitalization rates are approaching those seen during last winter’s devastating wave.

“Living in a constant crisis for 20 months-plus is a little overwhelming,” said Dr. Matthew Deibel, the medical director for emergency care at Covenant, where patients must sometimes wait hours to be seen because of a shortage of beds and staff.

With coronavirus hospitalizations increasing 20 percent nationally over the last two weeks, to 68,000 people, doctors and nurses are speaking with renewed alarm about conditions and pleading with people to get vaccinated.

(...)

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 07:01:28