I’m an E.R. Doctor in Michigan, Where Unvaccinated People Are Filling Hospital Beds

Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:07 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Basically this is what is going on. No one is being forced to take the vaccine. The fact that the militant refuseniks are being criticized by the vaccinated is a side show. The frustration of the medical professionals is real, as is the danger of the continued spread of infection.

I agree - that is what every country has been doing and frankly, I'm fed up with the stubborn resistance of some to see reason. As others have said, they take other drugs made by these companies so why is the vaccine so vilified? You'd have to be living in a cave not to see and hear about the hospital and staff dilemmas - what more is needed to convince them? Anyway, the mandates are a welcome measure to me. Some countries are now talking about fining people every month until they get it. Singapore, I think, and Austria, to name two.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:36 pm
@Mame,
Singapore is a rather unique case.

If you use a public bathroom in Singapore and after washing uour hands you shake the drops on the floor you will be fined.

You may not know until the money comes out of your bank account, no court case, nothing. Evetybody's photo is on file so they know who you are.

It's a very regimented society, chewing gum in banned.

They are far better suited for this sort of thing than most democracies.

Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Wow, I had no idea about all that, izzy. I'm going to have to read up on it. I was thinking of travelling there next year but I'll have to rethink that.
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:49 pm
@Mame,
1. WALKING NAKED IN YOUR HOUSE IS ILLEGAL IN SINGAPORE
2. CHEWING GUM IS ILLEGAL IN SINGAPORE
3. SMOKING IS FORBIDDEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE IN SINGAPORE
4. YOU CAN’T MAKE NOISE AFTER 10PM
5. IF YOU DON’T FLUSH THE TOILET
6. CONNECTING TO ANOTHER PERSONS WIFI
7. BEING GAY IN SINGAPORE IS ILLEGAL
8. ANNOYING SOMEONE WITH A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT OR SINGING IN PUBLIC
9. GRAFFITI AROUND SINGAPORE
10. FEEDING PIGEONS IN SINGAPORE
11. ANY TYPE OF DRUG RELATED ACTIVITY
12. DRINKING ALCOHOL AND PARTYING BETWEEN 10:30PM AND 7AM
13. COMMITTING SUICIDE IS ILLEGAL IN SINGAPORE
14. FLYING A KITE THAT INTERFERES WITH PUBLIC TRAFFIC
jcboy

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Remember this story?

Teen-Ager Caned in Singapore Tells of the Blood and the Scars

Quote:
The 19-year-old American who was caned in Singapore for vandalism says the bleeding it caused was "like a bloody nose."

The teen-ager, Michael P. Fay, said in an interview on Saturday that the four strokes with a rattan cane on May 5 had left three dark-brown scars on his right buttock and four lines each about half an inch wide on his left buttock.
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:57 pm
@jcboy,
Ha, I was just reading about that. He deserved what he got. He wasn't just spitting in the street or smoking where he shouldn't - he spray-painted several cars. What an entitled ass. I hope he had to pay for the damage he caused, as well.
jcboy

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:13 pm
@Mame,
Yes he sure did deserve it, I remember how so people were totally against his caning. It was big news at the time. I was like give me the cane and I'll whop his ass Razz
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:13 pm
@jcboy,
My late wife spent a lot of time in Istanbul, she was friends with a lad from Singapore, and the culture clash between him and the Turks was phenomenal.

The punishment with the rattan seems very similar to birching a practice abolished over here in 1948, but still continued to be carried out on the Isle of Man until 1976. The law wasn't repealed until 1993.
0 Replies

Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:15 pm
@jcboy,
ha ha ha - I thought he should have gotten more. Do you know if he had to pay for the damage?
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:17 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

10. FEEDING PIGEONS IN SINGAPORE

You can thank, Tom Lehrer for that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:19 pm
@Mame,
Don't ho to Singapore, come to England and I can show you a 35 foot penis.

I started a thread about it if you're interested.
jcboy

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:22 pm
@Mame,
He was, fined 2230.00 and spent three months in jail. Got off easy if you ask me but he probably couldn't sit for week Razz
0 Replies

Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes, I'm interested.. start a thread. Is it one of those mountain paintings?

We plan on returning to England at some point when all the dust settles.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:56 pm
@Mame,
I've already started one. Look on my topics.

It's a chalk carving, the Cerne Abbas Giant.

We don't have a lot of mountains in England, those we do have are all in Cumbria.

Cerne Abbas is in Dorset, that's a lot closer to Southampgo .
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 03:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't see it under your topics, but I'll keep looking.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 03:12 pm
@Mame,
I can't post links it's the 5th one down. I've tagged it Cerne Abbas and chalk carvings.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 03:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
As of last Monday, nine hospitals in Michigan were 100 percent full, and at least 20 others were at or above 90 percent capacity. Statewide, nearly one in four hospital patients has a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19.

So, what has been said here, is that three quarters of the hospital patients statewide, do not have Covid-19, and of the remaining one quarter who are said to have the disease, some of those are only suspected cases.
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 03:52 pm
@The Anointed,
Tricky, tricky... you didn't post the whole paragraph:

As of last Monday, nine hospitals in Michigan were 100 percent full, and at least 20 others were at or above 90 percent capacity. Statewide, nearly one in four hospital patients has a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19. In the last few weeks, my hospital has been consistently at or near capacity and nearly every day the vast majority of those patients are sick with Covid-19. Nearly all have been unvaccinated.
The Anointed

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 04:23 pm
@Mame,
I was referring to hospital patients Statewide, not to those in his particular hospital, and if, in his hospital, the vast majority of those patients are sick with Covid-19, and not only one quarter as seen Statewide, and nearly all of his particular patients have been unvaccinated, then the other hospitals Statewide must have had a lower proportion of Covid suspected cases.

I would also like to know, out of the vast majority of patients in his particular hospital, who were sick with the disease, how many of those patients were eighty or over, and if they actually died of Covid, or from some other pre-existing problems, which they would have died from, even with a severe bout of the common cold?
Mame

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 04:25 pm
@The Anointed,
Write him a letter and ask him. Or Google the stats in that state.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 10:15:24