Phyllis Clayton, 58 dies of heart attack after getting a covid vaccine.

maxdancona

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 11:02 am
@hightor,
It is a tragedy when someone dies young of covid. Nothing anyone has said here has changed that.
Mame

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 11:16 am
@maxdancona,
That is just your "opinion", which doesn't make it a fact. If they had a chance to get a vaccine and chose not to, then died of Covid, they're just stupid. It's not a tragedy to me when a stupid person dies unnecessarily. You want to walk the train tracks with ear buds in and play on your phone - hey, you might get hit by a train. Stupid is as stupid does. That would not exemplify 'tragic' to me. It would exemplify 'stupid'.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 12:18 pm
Okay, okay. I'll admit it. It's not a tragedy when progressives die.

Everybody happy now?? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 12:25 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You and maxdancona and anyone else can use the word "tragedy" to describe the inevitable fate of every person who has ever lived but, unless you are both real sad sacks, I think you are missing the qualities which make one event tragic and another merely sad.

"Every life is a universe." -- Anduin Llane Wrynn
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 12:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
It is a tragedy when someone dies young of covid.

maxdancona has unwittingly violated his own dictum:
maxdancona wrote:

The problem is when the narrative is treated as truth, and the facts that don't fit the narrative are ignored or explained away.

He's treating his ideological narrativeĀ© as truth!
Quote:
Nothing anyone has said here has changed that.

Nothing that you have said here establishes your contention as factual. It's just your opinion.

0 Replies

hightor

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 01:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The death of an ordinary person who has never murdered millions of innocent people is always a tragedy.

This is a view common among anti-natalists. If every life inevitably ends in tragedy why inflict this sort of pain on someone? Why procreate at all? Think of the tragedies that would never occur.
oralloy

Sun 12 Dec, 2021 01:47 pm
@hightor,
They have a good point.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 11:13 am
@hightor,
I've often wondered if that Buddha guy concluded that the atheists are correct and we are all doomed to be annihilated when we die, and that many people will be doomed to poverty all their lives. And he set up his religion with a secret goal of helping people to cope with their fate by making it seem desirable to live in poverty and then cease to exist.
hightor

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 12:59 pm
@oralloy,
The Jesus guy also propounded the virtue of poverty, adding the chance to enjoy eternal life after death. Probably for similar reasons. Don't overlook the Hindu influence on Buddha's audience, though. Even though Buddha held that belief in a god was unnecessary, superstitious people put him in the pantheon as soon as he died!
izzythepush

Mon 13 Dec, 2021 01:40 pm
@hightor,
One of the theories about Jesus' lost years is that he went to India and studied Buddhism.

It's all nonsense though because he went to Glastonbury with Joseph of Arimathea to hang out with the druids.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:25:53