GOTTA BUY A PRINTER SCANNER...ANY HELP?

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 01:25 pm
Look, all I ever print is the occasional Killer Sudoku. We never print photos using our current printer (which is very old)...and almost certainly will not be printing many in the future.

If I could find a printer scanner that only printed in black and white, I would love it. The color cartridge always fails after a while, because of non-use. So it would be great if the printer would continue to print in black if the color cartridge fails.

I'd like to keep the cost to reasonable...a buck and a half if possible, but more if that makes more sense.

Any suggestions?

View best answer, chosen by Frank Apisa
izzythepush

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Buy a memory card, put your sudokus on that and take it to your local copy centre.

That's what I do, printers are a complete pain in the bum.
0 Replies

Mame
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 01:41 pm
I bought a laser Brother printer/scanner in 2007 for $129.00 that's still going strong. And a few years ago I bought my husband a wireless Brother that works great. The toners are about $80 each, but they do about 2500 pages, I think (depends on how much ink per page) and I get them refilled at a toner kiosk in the mall for less.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 01:46 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

And a few years ago I bought my husband a wireless Brother that works great.

Those medieval monks can churn out an illuminated manuscript in no time at all.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 02:57 pm
@Mame,
Oh, and they are B&W only. The colour cartridges are ridiculously expensive and we get free colour, if we like, at our library. Also, you can put your photos on a thumb drive and Staples and other places charge very little for the colour prints.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » GOTTA BUY A PRINTER SCANNER...ANY HELP?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:32:19