Politically Split opinions on the two murder trials.

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 01:20 pm
1. I believe the not guilty verdicts for Kyle Rittenhouse were the only correct outcome (although maybe a lesser charge would have been appropriate).

2. I believe the killers of Armaud Arbery should be found guilty of murder in the first degree.

These are two very different trials with different circumstances and different evidence. In one the shooter was trying to run away, in the other the victim was trying to run away. To me this makes all of the difference.

These trials should be judged on facts and evidence rather than on politics, and yet politics seems to be all that matters. Liberals want guilty verdicts, conservatives want not guilty verdicts.

Is there anyone who splits their opinion on these two cases?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 498 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 04:17 pm
maxdancona wrote:
I believe the killers of Armaud Arbery should be found guilty of murder in the first degree.

These are two very different trials with different circumstances and different evidence. In one the shooter was trying to run away, in the other the victim was trying to run away. To me this makes all of the difference.

You keep forgetting that in the wake of Amy Cooper's lynching, white people really have no choice but to take the law into their own hands when they suspect minority wrongdoing. They certainly aren't allowed to call the police anymore.

Also, there are no degrees of murder in Georgia. There is felony murder and malice murder, but they amount to the same thing for sentencing purposes.

If there were degrees of murder in Georgia however, it is hard to see how you can find premeditation to kill in a confrontation that was only intended to result in the jogger guy being detained in a citizen's arrest.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 07:24 pm
@oralloy,
Ok Oralloy. Your answer to my question is "no".
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 08:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, in the wake of the Amy Cooper lynching, you are correct. I now do not split my opinion on these two cases.

But before Amy Cooper was lynched, I had thought that the three guys from Georgia were guilty of manslaughter.

And I had (briefly, because my view was then quickly changed yet again when Amy Cooper was lynched) become swayed towards the view that it could be murder and not manslaughter.

But that is certainly not my view now.

By the way, it was interesting to see the hysteria that I received from the left when I was saying I thought they were guilty of manslaughter and not murder. Apparently "believing that they committed manslaughter" is even worse than "believing that they are innocent".
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 08:23 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy, You are very far on the political extreme Oralloy. I don't think anyone (other than maybe yourself) doubts this.

I just googled it, the Amy Cooper to whom you refer is very much alive.

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 08:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Oralloy, You are very far on the political extreme Oralloy. I don't think anyone (other than maybe yourself) doubts this.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm usually a moderate. Is it possible for a moderate to be an extremist? What do you even mean by extremist? I'm not on the far right or the far left if that is what you mean by it.

maxdancona wrote:
I just googled it, the Amy Cooper to whom you refer is very much alive.

That doesn't mean that it was OK for progressives to lynch her.
0 Replies

McGentrix
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 10:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. I believe the not guilty verdicts for Kyle Rittenhouse were the only correct outcome
2. I believe the killers of Armaud Arbery should be found guilty of murder in the first degree.

This seems to be the right decisions
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Politically Split opinions on the two murder trials.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:11:52