The Obsolete Science Behind Roe v. Wade

Mame

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:23 pm
@Mame,
Slightly off topic, but if you really want to convince young women to take birth control, show them a video of a day care centre just before nap time. I guarantee the crying, screaming, howling, and temper tantrums will turn them off for a few years.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you really saying that "one of the strongest arguments" for abortion is to prevent women from murdering their children later?

That seems a little outrageous.

Maybe, but the ones that wanted the abortion and were not allowed are already is a special group. A higher percentage of that group just may be more inclined to murder their children later.
Mame

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:51 pm
@roger,
They could just give them up for adoption! Then they wouldn't have to listen to the temper tantrums, etc.

The way max put that does sound a little outrageous but I'm pretty sure that's not how it was meant Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:55 pm
@Mame,
So women who are not in a sexual relationship should still be on birth control in case they are rape victims?

Next as Texas set up their law so rape victims and incest victims must carry the fetuses to full term and it sadly is not all that uncommon.

Decades after the fact I learn that the three girls children across the street from my family home was all being rape by both their father and their older brother in the 1950s.
Mame

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 05:15 pm
@BillRM,
I didn't say women should be on birth control (BC). However, if BC was FREE, we'd have fewer unplanned pregnancies, rape or not. Quit bringing up rape! Not every woman who is raped gets pregnant, and not every woman who gets pregnant was raped! Whether you're in Texas with this disgusting draconian law or elsewhere where abortion is allowed, the best way to not get pregnant and faced with that horrible decision is with Birth Control! Period.
maxdancona

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 05:35 pm
@roger,
Personally I think that strangling a teenager should be legal (or at least considered juatifiable homicide).... but that is probably an unrelated issue.
oralloy

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 06:01 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
According to Gallup....

About 60% believe that abortion should be legal "in all or most cases" in the first trimester.

About 13% believe that abortion should be legal "in all or most cases" in the third trimester.

Most people make a distinction between early term and late term abortions.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235469/trimesters-key-abortion-views.aspx

Based on your link, there is broad support for third trimester abortions when the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother.

Interestingly, outlawing abortion "simply because the mother doesn't want the kid" has a majority against it even in the first trimester, although the majority is slim for the first trimester.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 06:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Personally I think that strangling a teenager should be legal (or at least considered juatifiable homicide)....

As long as you are the mother – or have the mother's permission. It's the potential Retroactive Provision in R vs W!
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 3 Nov, 2021 10:23 pm
@Mame,
LOL well the Texas law does not allow abortions for rape and or incest and that is the law a number of states are talking about copying so it kind of damn hard not to talk about rape or incest in connection to abortions laws at the moment.

Do not complain to me as I did not write the Texas law and as long as the Texas law exist I am indeed going to keep bringing up the subject of the tied in between rape and abortions that now exist.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:01:04