9
   

Trump 2024: Yes? No? Maybe?

 
 
nycdad
 
Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 04:57 pm
Do you think Trump will run again in 2024? He apparently is hated for putting Americans first in his agenda. Trump is American. Why does it startled you to know that he cares about legal citizens first? I care about my family before outsiders. Do you put strangers outside the family circle first? No, right? My mom, brothers, sister (my dad when he was alive) came before everyone else, etc. It is totally normal for Americans to look out for other Americans. You say?

1. Is Trump running in 2024?

2. What do you say about my analogy?
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 05:15 pm
@nycdad,
Who, exactly, hates him for putting Americans first? Who's to say anyone is 'startled' by this?

America First is a fine concept; unfortunately, America has allies and trading partners who should be treated fairly and with respect. That did not happen under Trump and is continuing under Biden to some degree. I point to the AUKUS deal, for one.

Who are you suggesting is coming before Americans?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 06:09 pm
@nycdad,
I have lots of reasons for hating Donald Trump. America first might be in the top 10. It isn't in the top five.

Do you want me to respond about Donald Trump, or about isolationism?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 06:11 pm
@nycdad,
I don't like your analogy. Just because you love your family doesn't mean you have to kick your neighbor's dog.

I have found that getting along with my neighbors is often the best thing for my family.
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 04:32 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't like your analogy. Just because you love your family doesn't mean you have to kick your neighbor's dog.

I have found that getting along with my neighbors is often the best thing for my family.

Trump's policy was not to metaphorically kick the neighbors dog. He explained the "America First" concept many, many times. He said something like, "I would expect any head of state to treat his own country's concerns as his primary responsibility." He also said, "America first doesn't mean America alone."
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 07:43 am
@Brandon9000,
Ok Brandon. So what?

In my opinion Trump was a horrible president for many reasons. Leadinf by simplistic slogans is one of them.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 09:11 am
The reelection of Trump makes the removal of foreign soldiers even more of a priority, no more Harry Dunns.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 09:29 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon,

What would it take to get you to vote for a Democrat in 2024 (assuming that Trump is the Republican nominee)?

To me, this is the most important question. It seems to me a lot of people voted for Trump because the "libs" piss them off. How do we fix that?
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 09:31 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:


maxdancona wrote:

I don't like your analogy. Just because you love your family doesn't mean you have to kick your neighbor's dog.

I have found that getting along with my neighbors is often the best thing for my family.

Trump's policy was not to metaphorically kick the neighbors dog. He explained the "America First" concept many, many times. He said something like, "I would expect any head of state to treat his own country's concerns as his primary responsibility." He also said, "America first doesn't mean America alone."



Okay, let's take for a given that Trump did say that.

Trump also said his inauguration crowd was the largest ever.
Trump said that he would build a wall across the southern border and get Mexico to pay for it.
Trump also said he was "a very stable genius."
Trump also said he had a very high IQ.
Trump also said he would release his tax returns.
Trump also said he won the 2020 election.

I could go on, but why bother?

My point is that what Trump says is often nothing but bullshit.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 04:16 pm
Yes to Mr. Trump in 2024.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 04:17 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The reelection of Trump makes the removal of foreign soldiers even more of a priority, no more Harry Dunns.

Progressives sure do hate freedom and those who protect it.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 08:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Brandon,

What would it take to get you to vote for a Democrat in 2024 (assuming that Trump is the Republican nominee)?

To me, this is the most important question. It seems to me a lot of people voted for Trump because the "libs" piss them off. How do we fix that?


You've simply fled the original discussion. You claim that Trump metaphorically kicked the neighbor's dog. Please give one example.

This is what I usually see. Liberals making broad, sweeping accusations against Trump and when asked to justify them, do everything under the sun except present evidence.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 08:52 pm
@Brandon9000,
Funny Brandon. You are the only person on Able2know (other than myself) who calls me a liberal. I guess I appreciate that.

Obviously, what I am giving you are just my opinions. But in the "kicking the neighbors dog" category I would include his treatment of refugees and the Muslim ban.

He did both of these things to fellate the right. I am not sure he even believe d they were good ideas.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 08:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Now can you answer my question?
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 09:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Now can you answer my question?


Fair enough. It would be impossible to get me to vote Democratic because the goals of Democrats are opposed to my core values. I feel no need to give examples, but since you will probably ask, some would be abortion, immigration, guns, and just about everything else.
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 09:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
...refugees and the Muslim ban....

1. Refugees
Most people who try to come here illegally, are not refuges, although they often claim to be. They are, rather, seeking a better life. We are under no obligation to let the whole world in, it wouldn't be good for us to do so, and if I were to want to let someone in, a person who tried to sneak in would be the last person I would choose.

1. Muslin Ban
Off the top of my head, although Trump at some point spoke of a Muslim ban, he did not impose one. However, with the number of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims, the thought was understandable. I believe what he ultimately imposed was a bad against entry by people from countries which are hotbeds of terrorism and also were rarely able to produce sufficient background to enable us to vet the people. I believe he said he was imposing it until we developed the means to vet them. This strikes me as right and good.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 05:37 am
@Brandon9000,
That's too bad, Brandon. I am hoping that more American voters can start supporting principles rather than partisan ideology.

Trump was a an extreme, you are defending Trump's behavior because of your ideology... in any objective sense his policies were insane. For example, your confusion between refugees and illegal immigrants doesn't make any sense (other than you supporting your ideological team).

I am a liberal (or I was a liberal until what being "liberal" changed). But I hate the fact that both the left and right are becoming more extreme. I want people on both the left and right to start pushing back on their own parties.

I would like to find more people on the right who can be a part of that.




Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 08:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That's too bad, Brandon. I am hoping that more American voters can start supporting principles rather than partisan ideology.

So, when you have a set of beliefs, you're supporting principles, but when I do, it's partisan ideology. Got it.

maxdancona wrote:
Trump was a an extreme, you are defending Trump's behavior because of your ideology... in any objective sense his policies were insane. For example, your confusion between refugees and illegal immigrants doesn't make any sense (other than you supporting your ideological team).a part of that.

1. Your assertion that Trump was an extreme is unsubstantiated name calling.
2. Of course I support Trump because of my ideology. I support candidates who share my beliefs. What am I supposed to do?
3. I have no confusion between refugees and illegal immigrants. A person who wants to come here only because he wants a better life is not a refugee.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 08:41 am
@Brandon9000,
I believe that many Trump supporters didn't actually support Trump's policies before Trump came along. You can't talk about Trump and fiscal responsibility. People jumped on the Trump team and abandoned their previous values.

I don't have any way of knowing whether you were always perfectly aligned Trump, or whether you got in line when the Trump camp rose to power.

I respect conservatives who held to their values rather than fall into lockstep with Trumpism.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 08:51 am
@Brandon9000,
I do have a set of principles that I put above partisan politics. And I have no problem with questioning or supporting either side.

I believe Trump was a horrible president on several levels. I can give several examples where I agree with Trump. I also thought that Clinton was a bad President. I liked Obama, and yet I can list things where in my opinion he screwed up.

Americans are so divided into partisan teams which they follow without thought.

I respect the people who can think critically. This usually results in the ability to question yout own side and to be consistent to priciples.
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Trump 2024: Yes? No? Maybe?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/17/2022 at 08:18:15