Should voting rights be recinded for the elderly?

dogowner

Wed 20 Oct, 2021 03:24 pm
@Linkat,
TLDR

You seem angry at people younger than you.
Linkat

Wed 20 Oct, 2021 03:29 pm
@dogowner,
Not at all - I am not angry at any group of people.

You seemed angry and seem to want to lay the blame of all the worlds ills on boomers which obviously is not true.

I stated how no one group is either lazy or otherwise that it is dependent on the individual. Please point out where I stated any anger toward a group that is younger than me.

Here are some of your quotes:

Quote:
Some older people are mentally competent, but the boomers are the most selfish generation that ever existed. The boomers were born into a time in history with unprecedented opportunity, and what did they do? They voted themselves other people's money. Simply because they could...

Boomers are without a doubt the most selfish, arrogant, and stupid generation. That's why they talk down to everyone younger than them,
The boomers have just been milking the tits of everything that they didn't work to earn...

I don't think that under 25 years should be allowed to vote either though because they're too immature and simply don't have the life experience to make rational choices that impact the country. But the elderly are far more worrisome because of the degradation of their brain matter over time.

The above sounds very angry about particular groups of people especially about boomers and even people under 25 (which you are claiming I seem angry about) and those that are elderly as been less capable and more incompetent.

Here are my quotes that seem to pertain to a particular age group and please feel free to point any out that seems angry to you -

Quote:
First off - lumping everyone in a particular category because of age is plain old stupid - i.e. "but the boomers are the most selfish generation that ever existed" Funny that many boomers think the same of the following generations - i.e. everyone gets a trophy, they don't need to work hard

I pointed out how silly it is to lump people into a particular category simply because of age and pointed the irony that many boomers may feel the same way as you are describing the boomers.

Quote:

I disagree with both of these - first there are many very mature 25 years old

I am actually standing up for people younger than me – not getting angry at them unlike yourself who gives people under 25 little credibility.

greencar

Wed 20 Oct, 2021 06:25 pm
@Linkat,
It's a fact that boomers are the worst generation. The evidence is everywhere.

That's why young people can't afford to buy homes. Boomers created zoning laws that restrict new home building in every state. Why? Because NIMBYs don't want their home values lowered by more homes being available in the market. That really is selfish, and it screws over young people.

Boomers also ruined the economy, then they tell everyone younger than them that they're not working hard enough. All when boomers lived during a time when the economy was much better, and most people younger than them have never had a chance to experience something like that or have those opportunities to build wealth easily.

Also, it's true that boomers are the worst with technology. It wouldn't be so bad if they were nicer about it though. If they admitted that they were dumb and needed the help of young folks. But they don't do that. I work in tech, and whenever a boomer calls they act ridiculous and asinine. They have unreasonable demands. They also want us to wave a magic wand to fix things without doing any trouble shooting whatsoever because "it always worked like that before".

On a daily basis I have situations where I very clearly and slowly explain to a boomer what they need to do to fix their problem, and right after I give them all the information they need, the boomer will ask me something that I literally just answered for them. Like they weren't even listening at all. Half the time I'm convinced that no matter what I say, they're just hearing whatever they chose to instead.

It's infuriating to be demonstrably more intelligent in general as well more knowledgeable about a particular subject, and then have the person that you're trying to help be rude, asinine, and stupid to the point of disbelief.

I was talking to a 75 year old the other day who got into an argument with me because I was trying to help her by explaining that her Dell computer was, in fact, a machine that uses the windows operating system. She SWORE to me and cursed me out saying that I was "wrong", and that her computer was actually an Apple device.

A sane person can only endure so much from boomers before coming to accurate conclusions based on their behavior.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:38:15