THE PASSOVER.

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 04:45 pm
Did Jesus partake of the Passover meal with his disciples on the night prescribed in Scripture, and if so, why did the Jews in those days eat the Pascal lamb on the night of the 15th day of the first month, which is the first day of the seven day Festival of unleavened Bread, which festival follows the single day Passover festival, which begins as the sunsets on the thirteenth day of Nissan, which is the beginning of the 12 hours of darkness of the 14th day of Nissan, the night that Jesus held the Passover meal with his disciples?

edgarblythe

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:07 pm
Maybe he passed it over. Likely he wasn't there at all.
The Anointed

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps he was simply obedient to the commands of the Lord, which stated that the Pascal Lamb was to be eaten in the evening and beginning of the 14th day of Nissan, unlike the Jewish authorities of his day, who had incorporated the single day festival of Passover, into the first day of their seven day festival of unleavened bread.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:19 pm
How would someone ever determine this? Surely any historical records are long gone.
The Anointed

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:25 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
How would someone ever determine this? Surely any historical records are long gone.

Not so my friend, the Hebrew bible, in which the Lord's commands concerning the one day Festival of Passover, which precedes the Seven day Festival of Unleavened Bread, is still in existence, and read daily by the serious students of God's word.
Brandon9000

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 06:26 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

Not so my friend, the Hebrew bible, in which the Lord's commands concerning the one day Festival of Passover, which precedes the Seven day Festival of Unleavened Bread, is still in existence, and read daily by the serious students of God's word.

Does it answer the specific question which you asked? If so, why did you ask it?
The Anointed

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 07:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Does it answer the specific question which you asked? If so, why did you ask it?

Yes, it does answer the specific question which I have asked, and the reason why I asked that question, was to discover if there are any Jews on this forum who hold their Passover Festival over the seven day Festival of Unleavened Bread, and to ask them why their church' teachings, are contrary to the commands of their Lord, as given through his prophet Moses.

Do you belong to the Jewish faith? And what science are you most attracted to?
The Anointed

Sat 16 Oct, 2021 11:39 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
And what science are you most attracted to?

I asked what field of science are you most interested in, because I was wondering Brandon, whether your interest in science might lean toward Quantum Physics, where physicists in that field have revealed that matter is no more than an illusion.

Quantum physicists have revealed that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

If you observe the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, not tangible matter.

Perhaps if you are more interested in scientific theories, rather than religious topics, I thought that we might start a new thread, in order to discuss something which might be of more interest to you.

Although in reality, the one topic merely compliments the other.
Brandon9000

Sun 17 Oct, 2021 02:06 am
@The Anointed,
Atoms are not made up of vortices of energy. They are made up of protons and neutrons in the center, surrounded by a cloud of electrons. Matter can be converted into energy, but it is not energy.

As for observing an atom with a microscope, you probably cannot because the light or other particles you would use to observe it would disrupt it. If you were able to see anything at all, you'd see a cloud of electrons.
The Anointed

Sun 17 Oct, 2021 03:01 am
@Brandon9000,
If all matter is made up of Atoms, and atoms have no physical structure at all, and are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, and not tangible matter, then everything that you perceive as physical matter is no more that an illusion, for all that exists, is no more than the eternal energy which can never be created nor ever destroyed, which has manifested itself as this apparent physical universe and the life forms that it "The Eternal' has become.

https://deghys.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/nothing-is-solid-everything-is-energy-scientists-explain-the-world-of-quantum-physics/

An excerpt from the link provided.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was, according to the most popular theory of the creation of this universe, pure electromagnetic energy, which, In my Opinion, was spewed out of a WHITE HOLE, in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, or, according to scientific measurements (180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit), which electromagnetic energy has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be-reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch, when all will be ripped apart atom by atom, subatomic particle by subatomic particle, as the universal bodies fall as fire into the Great Abyss, or Black Hole and reconverted back into the singularity, which is the origin of this universe.

A singularity is a region of space-time in which matter is crushed so closely together that the gravitational laws explained by general relativity break down. In a singularity, the volume of space is zero and its density is infinite. Scientists believe such a singularity exists at the core of a black hole, which occurs when a super-massive sun reaches the end of its life and implodes.

General relativity also demands such a singularity must exist at the beginning of an expanding universe, from which singularity our eternal oscillating and ever evolving universe is resurrected to continue on in that everlasting process.

But as I have said previously ,whether scientific theory or scripture, one merely compliments the other, and because this is totally off topic, if you wish to continue with the scientific aspect of the creation, we will have to start a new thread.

The Anointed

Sun 17 Oct, 2021 05:58 pm
@The Anointed,
After going off the rails there for a while, let's return to the topic of this thread; "Are there any Jews on this forum who hold their Passover Festival over the seven day Festival of Unleavened Bread, and to them I would ask. why their church' teachings, are contrary to the commands of their Lord, as given through his prophet Moses?
The Anointed

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 02:29 am
@The Anointed,
As there doesn't appear to be anyone of the Jewish faith on this forum, who are prepared to defend their church' decision to change the 14th day of Nisan Passover festival, to the 15th day of Nisan, which is the first day of their seven day Festival of Unleavened Bread, I will now ask the Christians, what significants do they give to the 'PASSOVER', when the angel of death is to Passover the earth?
Brandon9000

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 05:13 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

If all matter is made up of Atoms, and atoms have no physical structure at all, and are made out of “INVISIBLE ENERGY”, and not tangible matter, then everything that you perceive as physical matter is no more that an illusion, for all that exists, is no more than the eternal energy which can never be created nor ever destroyed, which has manifested itself as this apparent physical universe and the life forms that it "The Eternal' has become.

Why do you say that atoms have no physical structure? The protons and neutrons are located in the center and the electrons in a cloud around it. The electrons can only exist in specific orbitals. Atoms are not made out of invisible energy, they're made out of matter. I defy you to produce any citation to what you've said from any peer reviewed journal or popular encyclopedia.
The Anointed

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 05:20 am
@Brandon9000,
Start yourself a thread on that subject and I will be happy to accommodate
you. But for now do you have anything to contribute to the subject of the Passover Festival?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 06:31 am
Translation: You cannot find even one single citation in a peer reviewed journal or popular encyclopedia for what you have repeatedly claimed in this thread is correct physics. Not one. You lose.
0 Replies

jespah

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 06:37 am
@The Anointed,
Hey, it would help if you didn't refer to our synagogue as a 'church'. It would also help if you weren't trying to Christian-splain a faith that you are not a part of.

You want to know why this is the only answer to that question you're likely to get from a Jew on this forum? Because smug superiority colors the question, that you somehow know better than people who've been practicing this faith all of our lives.

I don't look to explain Easter to you.

Quit trying to define my experiences for me.
The Anointed

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 07:14 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Quit trying to define my experiences for me.

Church: "House of the Lord."--- "House of prayer." If you wish to call your house of the Lord a synagogue fair enough. And I am not trying to define your experiences for you. I simply want to know, why your mob changed the one day Passover Festival, which was to be held on the 14th day of Nisan, to the 15th day, which is the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread.

If you are unwilling to defend the decision of your religious organisation, or are simply ignorant as to the reason they have abandoned the commands of the Lord, I will have to wait for someone who can.

Nighty night.
jespah

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 07:16 am
@The Anointed,
Mob? Defend? Ignorant?

That's so special.

See ya.
maxdancona

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 11:10 am
@jespah,
I have expertise in two relevant areas here. I was brought up as a Christian, and I studied for the ministry. I also have a degree in Physics.

I have only a nominal understanding of Judiaism. I will leave this to people with actual knowledge on the topic.

But I can say with authority that when it comes to either biblical Christianity or Physics...

The Annointed is full of ****.
The Anointed

Mon 18 Oct, 2021 04:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have expertise in two relevant areas here. I was brought up as a Christian, and I studied for the ministry.------ I have only a nominal understanding of Judiaism ---- The Annointed is full of ****.

Well then, seeing as you know Jack all about the Jewish faith, and you studied for the Christian ministry, you should be able to tell us, what time it was when Pilate passed judgement on Jesus, according to the bible you studied from, and what day it was when he was murdered.

Your OT is only a translation of the Hebrew Bible. Didn't you study the OT, in your studies for the Christian ministry of the specific denomination of the Christian faith that you belonged to?

I await your answer.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THE PASSOVER.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:53:53