Americans Are (Too Afraid And Stressed) To Take Days Off From Work.

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 12:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There are several biases at play in this story.

- the America is worse than civilized countries narrative.
- the Corporations are bad and mistreat their employees narrative.
- the bias towards a sensational story that underlies much of political journalism.
- and of course, this story is from marketing group with its own agenda.

I have a bias against unscientific surveys. Critical thinking means you should question any survey, but a survey that doesn't explain its methodology or samplenpopulation us scientifically meaningless.

1. Yes, I acknowledge that there are are some biases at play in this story.

2. Although the survey doesn't explain its methodology, it doesn't change what I have observed from other people in real life.

3. It also doesn't change what real life people have converse with me about their own jobs.

4. Based on my own observations and conversations leads me to believe that there is clearly some truth to this article.

4. As I stated in my last post:

Certain types of jobs and certain types of positions, this is more prevalent.
While in other types of jobs and positions, this is not prevalent at all.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 12:36 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
2. Although the survey doesn't explain its methodology, it doesn't change what I have observed from other people in real life.
That's what I doubt, since GfK always does so.

For the 2017 survey, it says on the open page (more and the data set can only be get via paid subscriptions on some websites)
Quote:
GfK conducted an online survey from January 26-February 20, 2017 with 7,331 American workers, age 18+, who work more than 35 hours a week and receive paid time off from their employer. These data were weighted and scaled. The geographic data represents all 50 U.S. states and the 30-largest Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) in the country, as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau. Oxford Economics projected total unused paid time off using Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) employment data, adjusted by the share receiving paid time off. The potential economic impact for the states and cities was developed using a per diem spending approach based on data from TNS, the U.S. Travel Association, and the BEA Travel and Tourism Satellite Accounts.

Similar most certainly will be online (at least in the webarchive) for the 2014 survey.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 01:53 pm
@Real Music,
Many American workers are grateful for opportunities offered by their corporate employer and satisfied with their benefits and time off.

And yet, you will never a post on able2know saying this... it doesn't fit the narrative.

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:22 pm
@maxdancona,
I am merely posting a narrative that just happens to be the opposite
of your particular narrative.
0 Replies