Fish eating on bait and cutting line from hook

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 06:54 am
Hi

Has this ever happened to you? The fish eats my bait and the blob is moving in circles? Sometimes it has no bait left and sometimes the fish cuts the line completely? What kind of fish is this (northern latitutes) US, CA, UK, Scandinavia, Russia (sweet water).

/TooFriendly112
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 425 • Replies: 5
No top replies

seac

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 09:21 am
@TooFriendly112,
Fishing in freshwater or saltwater? Your blob is a floater? Hard to tell unless you catch one of the fishes first. I usually lose hooks and line to puffer fishes, they have sharp plier like teeths. Barracudas also cut line, but they like to hit moving baits.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 03:05 pm
@seac,
I assume youre on frsh watr since youre using a bobbr. My guss is youve tangled with a pike or ven a muskie.They all futz with your bait ans try to snap lins, also turtles wil do this.
TooFriendly112

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 05:56 am
@farmerman,
Yes, fresh water and sometimes it yanks the blobber but no hooked fish, it swirls and you can almost see the fish catch a glimpse of it and (chink') it sees the metal. And only with the blobber when you fish from a bridge or ice fishing it never breaks. (Even when you're super still they see me or sense me). Maybe if i Keep trying like from the bridge days. Also they rush past the blobber like a racer sometimes or just small carp etc. But it has happened like 8 times that the fish cuts the line completely (like hersey in old hollywood movies and charlie chaplin).
Ragman

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 07:58 pm
@TooFriendly112,
Try stronger fishing line.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2021 07:48 pm
@TooFriendly112,
do you say that you use a wire leader?

we have muskies and some pickerels that can schew your line. Im not sure whether a muski can snip a wire leader though/ have SNAKEHEDS is the Susquehanna Basin now ans they can rasp away at a line
0 Replies