Embarrassing for FBI if Dog Finds Laundrie?

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 12:33 pm
Dog the Bounty Hunter is gaining more fame by going out and searching for Brian Laundrie. For those unfamiliar a young couple went on a cross country trip in a van where just the young man arrived home without his girlfriend -days later sadly her body was found near a campsite the couples were at. Laundrie is now been reported "missing" by his parents. Obviously most suspect Laundrie as murdering her as they were seen fighting - even stopped by the police and questioned. That's the short of it.

So the FBI has been searching for Laundrie - from the surface it seems they made a mess of it. No one kept watch on this guy and he simply disappeared. Now this Dog character is getting in on the action. It seems he is getting more information and details than the FBI (now granted maybe the FBI are simply not reporting this all over social media) -

Now how embarrassing will it be if Dog is seen dragging this loser in ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 645 • Replies: 24
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 12:42 pm
I had heard, prior to the body being discovered therewereprotestors outside the family home saying she was missing, he was in hiding.

I don't know how it could get any more embarrassing, the FBI sat around kicking their heels for days before he legged it.

The big question is why wasn't he arrested when he returned alone in mysterious circumstances.

This will give more publicity to Dog who I know from appearances on South Park.

I don't know if his programme is shown over here, but we are aware of him from frequent references on other shows.

He may be shown on a smaller channel, but if he is I've not seen it.
engineer

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 12:45 pm
@Linkat,
Not sure why the FBI is on this, isn't this just another domestic violence murder investigation like ones all over the country every week? But in general, the FBI has a lot on its platter so no, if the publicity allows bounty hunters to succeed while the FBI is off arresting Jan-6 terrorists, I'm good.
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The big question is why wasn't he arrested when he returned alone in mysterious circumstances.

Bigger question (if the FBI did not have enough to arrest him yet) - was why the h*ll would you not just watch him?

Quote:
This will give more publicity to Dog who I know from appearances on South Park.

I don't know if his programme is shown over here, but we are aware of him from frequent references on other shows.

To be honest I have never watched his show but it is hard not to hear about him - so I just know he is a bounty hunter on TV - but he is hard to forget when you see the big dude.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 12:57 pm
When it's interstate doesn't the FBI generally get involved?
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 01:07 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Not sure why the FBI is on this, isn't this just another domestic violence murder investigation like ones all over the country every week? But in general, the FBI has a lot on its platter so no, if the publicity allows bounty hunters to succeed while the FBI is off arresting Jan-6 terrorists, I'm good.

I think because it crossed state lines - at least that is my understanding. I would think they would be involved in any murder that crosses state lines. But even if not the FBI wouldn't the local authorities be keeping watch on a very obvious murderer - one that is likely to flee.

Just like other law enforcement there are varies departments that deal with certain types of crime; there areas of the FBI that deal with violent crime land those that deal with terrorists. So having FBI agents in which their particular job/department is deal with murder or to assist state police in a murder will not impact those departments and agents that are dedicated to dealing with terrorists.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 01:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

When it's interstate doesn't the FBI generally get involved?

Yes that is my understanding - or if state or local law enforcement request assistance - this might be due to the fact this guy crossed state lines to "hide" go home. It would be tough for the Wyoming police to arrest him since they do not have authority in Florida.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 01:33 pm
@Linkat,
The FBI doesn't have enough to arrest any of us.

I don't think the FBI should be watching me. Do you?
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The FBI doesn't have enough to arrest any of us.

I don't think the FBI should be watching me. Do you?

If there was good reason to suspect you of murder then yes.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 01:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Lots of buck passing over there. Over here it's just the police.

So why didn't the police, or whatever body had jurisdiction, arrest him?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't have enough information to even guess why the man wasn't arrested. I will say I have little respect for the way the law operates in my country.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 02:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Possibly, they didn't have sufficient cause. I mean, he had a relationship with her. She went missing and then her body was found. Those conditions certainly suggest the guy should be questioned and otherwise be investigated. I'm not at all sure they are cause for an arrest warrant.
engineer

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 02:48 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
It would be tough for the Wyoming police to arrest him since they do not have authority in Florida.

States issue extradition requests to other states all the time. I don't think the FBI gets involved, but I'm not an expert. It's flat out insane how much attention this case has received when domestic violence results in 1,600+ deaths per year in the US (according to one website I looked at.) Apparently the victim lived in my area for a couple of years and worked in a downtown bar. The local paper burned some serious column inches interviewing coworkers, etc. I doubt they even spend time interviewing local victims' families.
Mame

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 02:49 pm
@roger,
I read that he refused to cooperate with the police, answer any of their or her parents' questions. Then he just took off.

Sorry, but if you refuse to cooperate, you're going to the hoosegow until you do. He had the last known sighting of her after a witnessed fight. And... he was driving her van.

Of course, at that time, she was just missing, but it was suspicious.
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 05:09 pm
@engineer,
I believe this is due to social media at least the start if it ... I think she was blogging her trip or something. Amazing how social media has taken over.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 05:27 pm
@Mame,
I'm not sure exactly how far our fifth amendment goes so far as protecting us. Clearly, we are not required to incriminate ourselves, but some questions might tend to incriminate us. Again, I'm not really sure.

Most of what I think I know comes from reading a lot of fiction, and that is, well, fiction.
Mame

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 05:54 pm
@roger,
lol, always a big help, rog! If you take the 5th though, you don't have to say anything, right? This is from watching US TV. But, could they hold him if he was only "a person of interest"?

By the way, how do you get rid of a horrible ear ache? Mine started at 9:a.m. MT. 6 Extra strength acetaminophen between 9 and noon, and 2 Naproxen since then. I feel like jabbing an ice pick into my temple.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2021 07:12 pm
@Mame,
I don't know - to both. I've heard (gossip) that you can't be held beyond 72 hours without charges being filed.

Don't know about ear aches, either. As an opinion, I don't think the ice pick thing is the hot tip.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 01:12 am
@Linkat,
It is like the plot of a low budget horror movie, all footage of them kissing and cuddling as they set off on their road life together.

Then the police are called after threats of violence followed by him turning up back home without her.
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 02:08 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Sorry, but if you refuse to cooperate, you're going to the hoosegow until you do.

Progressive thuggery never fails to horrify.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Embarrassing for FBI if Dog Finds Laundrie?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:33:01