New host for Jeopardy!.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2021 08:39 am
@Wickle,
Wickle wrote:

They really botched that whole process. It's a shame to stain such a great show with all this nonsense behind the producer naming himself above other, better options. Plus it sounds like he's got some questionable things in his past. I feel like they could have gone with jennings and been just fine.

Jennings is, and will continue to be, my first choice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2021 10:54 pm
Mayim Bialik Set To Fill In As Host Of ‘Jeopardy!’

She was my choice for full time.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 01:05 pm
Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik are hosts for the rest of the year. While he was on his winning streak, I got sick of watching him win, so I stopped watching all together. But I like him as host. Bialik is so cheerful, you've got to like her.

With the changing backdrop and music, I've stopped watching at all. I don't care about the backdrop, but music should not be irritating, it should barely be above the conscious level and not be intrusive.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 01:09 pm
I already liked Bialik. When I found out she is well educated it made me favor her more. Here is a bit from Wikipedia:
She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in neuroscience, with minors in Hebrew and Jewish studies, in 2000.[21][22]

Bialik has said she did not have the grades needed for medical school.[23] She went on to study for a doctorate in neuroscience. She took a break from studies in 2005 to return to acting.[24] She returned to earn her Doctor of Philosophy degree in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007 under Dr. James McCracken.[25] Her dissertation was titled "Hypothalamic regulation in relation to maladaptive, obsessive-compulsive, affiliative and satiety behaviors in Prader–Willi syndrome".[2][26][27]
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 01:19 pm
@edgarblythe,

i wonder if her having a sitcom is a sticking point for obtaining the Jeopardy gig...
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 02:25 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik are hosts for the rest of the year. While he was on his winning streak, I got sick of watching him win, so I stopped watching all together. But I like him as host. Bialik is so cheerful, you've got to like her.

With the changing backdrop and music, I've stopped watching at all. I don't care about the backdrop, but music should not be irritating, it should barely be above the conscious level and not be intrusive.

I liked Ken Jennings a lot...did not like Mayim Bialik at all. I thought Mike Richards did a very good job, but not as good as Jennings. During the trials I was not a Buzzy Cohen fan, but to be honest, he did a terrific job of hosting the championship...and I would be totally fine if he eventually gets the job.

Katie Couric fit the job excellently, and I would be satisfied if she got it.

But Ken is my number 1 choice.

Whoever designed the new backdrop should be fired immediately. It is so distracting, I comment to my wife on its deficiencies each night.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 02:26 pm
@Region Philbis,
Possibly. Her being a woman is what I think of.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I was confusing Wheel of Fortune with Jeopardy when I complained about the background music.

I started watching Jeopardy today. Nine minutes into the show, it was already over. Nobody can compete with this guy, so I turned it off.
engineer

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 05:54 am
@coluber2001,
I generally don't care who is winning, I want to know if I can question the answer.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 06:14 am
@engineer,

what is... "Jeopardy home version"?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:12:35