Told by spirit not to consume meat

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 03:26 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Were they though, is that fair dinkum?

Yeah, they were. Even if just for a few hours to allow for some cooling off for you.

Quote:
And those two threads that were locked and are now not locked, whose were they, and why were they locked.

Yes.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
What a noob.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 05:11 am
@glitterbag,
Both the Delaware and the Chessapeake Bays have cleaned up to an extent that now, herds of fish and villages of porpoise hve returned way up the bays. Its not un common to see porpoise a far up as Bombay in the DElaware and far up the Chessie into the Potomac and north of the bridges at Wye.
Lat week, hen I ran the Hinkley North we motored from near Annapolis and saw hunreds of the porpoise in schools of up to 50 .
The cleanup of the Bays ha been really dramatic especially since the grasses have been successfully re-established. its a wonderful sight.

the only negative is the appearance of southern sea birds like pelicans really far north, the return of "buck-a-shuck" nights at bay bars has offset the outrageous cost of steamed crabs.

I love raw oysters with horseradish sauce, we dont slurp em, but rather eat em with seafood forks and lemon slices. No "not", the oyster met, when fresh, is firm and tasty.
I really think that people who complain about e have never eaten em along with a bowl of mushroom soup an crackers. OF course, some good beer is essential
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 05:26 am
@farmerman,
GLITTER---Your statement about the chicken and livestock feeding ops that are all over the farmlands from PA south is a real problem. The ag lobbies are so strong that they really do own the legislatures in both Del and from what I see in MD, they get away with a lot of bad practices. In Pa, theyve set up requirements for spnd mushroom soils to pprevent pollution and new mushroom farms are turning to the German methods of composting (its an aerobic vs the anaerobic mthods weve used in the past, Also, theyve started to modify the compost hemistry so that H2S int an air and water pollutant. (Theyve used Gypsum board as a "amoothing" agent an since gyp board is a Sulfate, the bacteria convert it to H2S in a few ays of anaerobic decomposition. Thats why it stinks up in Kennett Square Pa.

Im hoping the bays can get it together and , along with selective buffer zones and control of development , the advanced water treatment and resttlement of subsurface grsses will provide a new clean environment for safood.
Now , one of our bigass problems is the runnoff of fresh water due to increaswd rains .

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 05:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
I wouldnt feed him, some of these threads are interesting on their own, Ive realized that Ive probably been a source of strife because I get annoyed at the ol geezer. Let him sound his gongs , hes harmless really.

Im trying to keep my posts about my fav subjects, freer of insults. Maybe he will learn by our example and will start getting a bit more personable rather than insulting.
One can hope eh?
ascribbler

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 08:01 am
@farmerman,
A cloister of oysters and a roister of shrimp with a bottle of champagne and beer when the champers runs brut.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 11:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I wouldnt feed him, some of these threads are interesting on their own, Ive realized that Ive probably been a source of strife because I get annoyed at the ol geezer. Let him sound his gongs , hes harmless really.

Im trying to keep my posts about my fav subjects, freer of insults. Maybe he will learn by our example and will start getting a bit more personable rather than insulting.
One can hope eh?

I'm enjoying your posts, FM...and. as usual, learning things from them.

I'd be willing to have an honest, reasonable discussion with this guy, but that seems to be beyond him.

Oh, well...we'll see where this goes.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 12:52 pm
@ascribbler,
"cloister" of oyster. Theres one to keep. I like that,its goin in the book of "Swells"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yah I told him that stuff we discuss is often meant for the younger crowd who still fee theres some wisdom in our addled brains.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 01:39 pm
@farmerman,
It's not just the Bay, we are zig-zagged by many many streams, rivers and everything in between. Many of the places we were able to play when we were kids are constantly being shut down due to dangerous levels of 'stuff' in the water. A few years back, there was an outbreak of mysterious skin rashes, I'm not sure if they ever really determined the source but it was stubborn and near impossible to clear up. Other things have affected dogs (dogs around here love to splash around in the water, jump off piers, fetch sticks and try to catch water skiers in vain) like all dogs that live near the water.

The local small town paper, the Capital, used to publish updates daily on the health of the waterways..........but it just occurred to me I haven't seen those reports in quite some time. I'll check the paper closely tonight, maybe I just missed it. The Capital newspaper was the site of an armed gun attack, 5 reporters were killed at their desks and a number of others were wounded. The Newspapers HQ were only about a mile and a half from our house, our whole neighborhood and several others were shut down for hours while they searched for the shooter (or possible shooters) it was surreal and frightening. We watched helicopters for hours hovering over the area and State and County police searching everywhere.

I only mention this because even though the surviving newspaper people have managed to put a paper out everyday, many of the old features have disappeared because the people who wrote them were murdered that day. The Capital staff actually put out a paper the very day of the murders.....They set up in the parking garage of the Annapolis Mall and got that paper out that same night.

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 02:38 pm
@glitterbag,
wow, hrd to return from an event like that
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 04:42 pm
@farmerman,
It's only been 3 years, all of the Capital staff live locally in Anne Arundel County. Or used to live here, rest in pease.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 09:51 am
@Heart17,
Continue on your journey - Eat that which you feel is appropriate, and connect with others - so they can learn of you, and how the 'spirit' is guiding you toward the person you will become. Have a lovely Day
0 Replies