Told by spirit not to consume meat

Heart17

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 01:40 am
Hello!

Spirit also says i should tell others.

Probably so that i pay back for past wrong doing. For all animals who gave their lives.

Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.

Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone i suppose. So i think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.

What are your opinions?

Love
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,601 • Replies: 52
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 05:05 am
@Heart17,
Whose offerings did the Lord receive, the fruit and vegetables offered by Cain, or the best fattiest pieces of the lamb, offered by Able?
Heart17

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:34 am
@The Anointed,
Perhaps it is different today with all the suffering in industrial farming?

Also it is possible eating meat to survive vs for taste are looked at very differently. Maybe especially today with so many alternatives.

People deserve to be aware of the risk.
ascribbler

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:50 am
@Heart17,
What an ointment, there are no spirits, no heaven/higher dimension.

If you feel bad about chomping on flesh (unlike many other beings) then abstain.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:57 am
@ascribbler,
ascribbler wrote:

What an ointment is that there are no spirits, no heaven/higher dimension.

If you feel bad about chomping on flesh (unlike many other beings) then abstain.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAn-AWXtHv0[/youtube]

Really?

You know there are no "spirits?"

You KNOW that there is no Heaven...or a higher dimension?

You KNOW that how?

ascribbler

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I said what anoint meant.

If you you think spirits told the OP to not eat meat and to ask for forgiveness, to enter heaven or a higher dimension then have at it my dear old darling.

You've already confessed that you are an atheist so for your penance join the Humanists, rebuke and refute those gainsayers who sent you scurrying from the Agnostics.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:50 am
@ascribbler,
ascribbler wrote:

Frank, I said what anoint meant.

My question was, "How do you KNOW there are no spirits or Heaven or "higher dimension" (whatever that means).

So I repeat: How do you KNOW?

Quote:
If you you think spirits told the OP to not eat meat and to ask for forgiveness, to enter heaven or a higher dimension then have at it my dear old darling.

I think the "spirits told me to do it" is total bullshit.

But I read your assertions regarding spirits, Heaven, and "higher dimension"...and I am wondering how you KNOW those things do not exist?

Quote:
You've already confessed that you are an atheist...

I am not an atheist...and I have never suggested I am one.

Never...ever!

Quote:
... so for your penance join the Humanists, rebuke and refute those gainsayers who sent you scurrying from the Agnostics.

So, anyway...how do you KNOW?

Or is it that you do not KNOW...and are just guessing that there are no spirits or Heaven or "higher dimensions?"
0 Replies

Heart17

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 01:13 pm
@ascribbler,
That´s what i used to believe as well. Educated in physics, math etc and thought science knew it all.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 03:44 pm
@Heart17,
I totally agree with you. Eggs produced from Free Range birds are more acceptable than eggs that are produced from the cruel practise of thousands upon thousands of caged birds with their crippled and distorted feet. Beef produced from Cattle brought up in food lots, etc, etc.

Owing to the principle of the thing, many have become vegetarians including myself, well, not really, I do enjoy a sausage sizzle now and then.

Man is a part of nature, and man is on the top of the food chain, and red meat is not forbidden to man.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:41 pm
@The Anointed,
who firwt offered up the oyster and the clam??
The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
What a pearl of a question that is. And what about the Mussel?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 05:31 pm
@farmerman,
Don't know, but I used to work with a guy that brought a tin of smoked oysters for lunch. Looked like a can of snot. The smell is harder to describe.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:16 pm
@roger,
You seem to think that smoked oysters look like raw oysters. Did you really look at his smoked oysters? I think not, if you think that they looked like a can of snot.

Unlike raw snotty looking oysters, smoked oysters are solid lumps in oil.
Mame

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:34 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Unlike raw snotty looking oysters, smoked oysters are solid lumps in oil.

Absolutely - nothing better than a good cheese topped with a smoked oyster on a cracker.

Raw oysters, on the other hand, are like sunny side up eggs - now that's snot! Runny egg whites? Barf city. It's all about the texture.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:49 pm
@roger,
fresh oysters are cold, briny, no 'snot;. snot only happens as the proteins decay. They have oyster farms in bth the Chesapake and Delawar Bays an the flavors are unique to ech of the grsslands that host the herds (Or whatever we call a group of oysters).

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:50 pm
@The Anointed,
Think about it, Who as thfirst guy that said"Whatever comes out of that chckens ass Im gonn eat"
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:26 pm
I am two-faced about meat. I believe cows to be intelligent enough that I hate to see them be farmed. On the other hand, if I had a juicy porterhouse to eat right now I would tear into it like a ravenous wolf.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:32 pm
@farmerman,
So, it appears that you have never opened natural oysters from the rocks and swallowed them one after another, as thy slide down your throat like snot.

They say that oysters enhance your sexual appetite, so I bought a half dozen, but after swallowing four, my sexual appetite was gone, the other two just didn't work.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:37 pm
@farmerman,
That would be the guy who refused to eat corned tongue because it came out of an animals mouth, so he had an egg instead,
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:43 pm
Enough of this cloacal cackling.

The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax —
Of cabbages — and kings —
And why the sea is boiling hot —
And whether pigs have wings.'

It dozen matter in this muchly mucilaginous mirth to note that one collective noun for oysters is a colony.

Eat your greens.