Job or Volunteer

Someo

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:11 pm
I have an interview tomorrow for a job at Benchmark Physical Therapy as a Technician. I am debating on whether to work at a physical therapy clinic or to find somewhere to volunteer. I need volunteer hours/ shadowing hours in multiple settings and I feel like if I have a job I will be able to get all of my hours for PT school but I need hours in other settings as well and I feel like with school and work I wouldn't have much time. I'm just wondering if I would take the job or look into clinics that are giving internships for a couple of months or volunteer work instead so I will be able to check off everything for PT school.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 291 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:04 pm
@Someo,
If you volunteer somewhere there, would be no expectation that you would stay after you have completed your hours. On the other hand, if you are hired then that company would expect you to stay beyond the required hours that you need for your degree. In fact I don’t know if any company would hire you if they know that you are just going to be working there to fulfill your requirements for school, unless you guarantee that you will stay on afterwards.
roger

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:07 pm
@PUNKEY,
In some fields and in some companies do accept interns. This sounds like the OP is looking for an internship.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:09 pm
@Someo,
unless you need the cash - an internship and/or volunteer position would be more flexible under your circumstances. Some internships are paid so you might be able to get some cash that way as well.
0 Replies