You must be at least this tall.....

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:06 am
I'd love to see Linkat screaming on the way UP!

And Bella in the grocery just screaming!

Screaming and laughing are certainly a good release. Even on the kiddie coaster I had a certain heady rush.

Maybe I can brave myself up as he reaches new "this tall" lines.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:08 am
You can do it!
You can do it!
You can do it!

<if I can steel myself to take baby photos, YOU can get on the big kid rides>
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:11 am
Come on boomerang - we can all ride together and scream bloody murder!

Some people do get embarassed with me because all is quiet on the ride up the steep hill. Suddenly anxiety hits me and I start screaming - everyone else is quiet with anticipation, but I am the opposite. I scream on the ride up and am quiet for the downward ride.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:40 am
I HATE roller coasters with a passion... the feeling of falling, the heights, just thinking about it makes me soooo sick!!! I went on what I thought was a small one last summer (six flags).. it was wooden and went a lot higher than I thought it did I was screaming crying (hysterical)... and everyone was laughing at me.... I came off the ride and people prolly thought I was the biggest wimp ever!!! OMG I HATE THEM
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:45 am
I've been on the coaster several times crazielady - even before it was six flags.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
Roller coasters and other rides at amusement parks don't bother me. But I refuse to ride anything at the traveling carnivals. Have you seen some of the idiots they have working those places? All it takes is one bolt not tightened properly....
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:49 am
I can't go on them know, I am on heart meds so I am not allowed!! (which helps me as an excuse...but I wish I didn't need the meds) but its all good!!! I hate most rides (motion)... I like the games!~
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:50 am
The wooden ones are best.

You know they design the noise and feel of the 'coasters as much as they do the drops?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:56 am
I love the wooden ones too. I always end up with bruises after riding one. I get jostled so much.

Yeah those traveling carnivals scare me too - colorful characters they have working there.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:59 am
I actually went on the corkscrew at Canobie lake park once when I was in Junior High and I only liked it because I went upside down, It didn't hit me as bad then.... I hate waterslides too!!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:04 am
I don't mind heights (love the Ferris wheel), it's the speed and fear of falling out of the car that I can't stand.

Here's my best "why I don't ride on roller coasters" story: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=847944#847944
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:37 am
I love roller coasters! I get vertigo climbing a ladder or even an open set of bleachers or fire escape stairs, but I love roller coasters. We live about 15 minutes from a Six Flags theme park. We get season's passes and go as a family three or four times during the summer. My daughter's friends all get passes too so it's a great thing for the kids to do with their friends.

The wooden ones are the best. The ones where you have to check to make sure your teeth still have their fillings rule. I also love the fast drop ones and the ones that lift you up out of your seat as the fly over the peaks. The only ones I really don't care for are the ones that go upside down. I don't mind going upside down, but you have to concentrate so hard on keeping your neck stabile, it takes all the fun out of it.

Weeeeeee, I think I need to plan a Six Flags trip soon.

Thanks for the idea, Boomer!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:12 pm
I CAN do it!

At least I'll give it a try.

Getting stuck on a coaster is a big fear -- didn't one get stuck upside down a few years back. ACK!

Traveling carnivals scare me too. Those things have to get fatigued.

Coaster's never used to bother me until they started making ones that go upside down. I haven't really been on one since then. I suppose I just need to face that fear!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:02 pm
Love them, love them, love them! For me, it is the anticipation of that first great drop. Scares the crap out of me (not literally!) in the most exhilarating way! Upside down, backwards, inside out, round and round, I think they are just amazing!

It's been too long....must find a theme park soon....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
I don't actually know where I stand on this... yet. I used to love 'em. Absolutely love 'em, the drop ones, the upside-down ones, all of 'em. Then I went for about 15 years without going anywhere vaguely theme-parky. Then I went with sozlet, and so far she hasn't wanted/ been able to do anything too scary. But we did those horrible ghastly teacups -- you know, where you whip 'em around and around in small circles while the whole thing goes in a larger circle -- and my once-iron stomach was really really not. (Well, I didn't barf, but major wooziness and general unpleasantness. When sozlet said "Let's do it again!" I looked around desperately for something to distract her.)

So I'm not sure what to expect when we graduate to the big stuff. I'm steeling myself for not being as sanguine as I was in the good old days.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 09:52 pm
I like merry-go-rounds. That's about it.

A friend of mine told me that some people enjoy Adrenaline Rushes--that they can handle more physical stimulation than other people.

Me, I like merry-go-rounds.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
The closest I ever came to barfing on a ride was on something called The Pirate Ship. It swings back and forth, back and forth, but never quite goes all the way over. I had fun for about two minutes and spend the rest of the time trying not to...well, you know.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
The spinning things don't bother me - I love the Octopus type rides which have three orbits or whatever you call them -- the car, the arm and the whole thing.

I think the thing that took me off rides was a thing that had a long arm with a car on each end. It rotated around like a Ferris wheel but dive bombing you face first towards the ground. Ghastly.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:21 am
I used to love roller coasters, teacups and certainly the Pirate ship.

Pirate Ship was the one I was on when I realized I probably shouldn't do crazy rides any more.

For me, I think it came with motherhood. After pregnancies I wasn't able to tolerate the shifting motion as well.

Still do roller coasters with boy cub if no one else is available to ride with him. Also still loved the Himalayan when I took the kids to the fair a couple of years ago. Bear won't do the state fair. Kids and I love the lights, sounds, smells and action. (We are the real rednecks, I suppose)

As for the supposed slower rides, I went through the haunted house at the fair and got whacked in the head by a mechanical fake gorilla hand. Ouch! Don't think they had it timed quite right. So, slower rides can be just as dangerous.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 03:34 pm
ohhhh, I remember the Himalayan from our county fair when I was a teenager. There was a cute guy operating it. My friend and I kept riding it over and over. We were probably much too obvious, but we had the time of our lives.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:52:13