Medicare For All March Saturday July 24

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:14 pm
What I learned from this thread

1. Medical debt is large in the US.
2. The UK is better than the US in health care
3. Libya is better than the US in health care (no word if Libya is better than the UK).
4. Health care is a "basic human right"
5. No one reported the health care marches (actually the reports said "dozens" of people attended in most cities)
6. Corporate media is "owned by Big Pharma" (actually it isn't)
7. There is a conspiracy to keep "corporate media" silent.
8. The Democrats are weak.
9. The Republicans are evil and want to put "kids in cages".
10.Max is bad.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:17 pm
What is missing from this thread

1. Any discussion of the issues of healthcare, including cost or how to deal with the issue of health care rationing.

2. Any discussion of how to reach consensus, or to create a coalition to craft a feasible political solution.

3. Any discussion of what a publically funded health care system would look like in the United States given its unique social needs.

4. Any ideas on how to make progress.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
9. The Republicans are evil and want to put "kids in cages".

Actually it's Mr. Biden and Mr. Obama who like to put kids in cages.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:14 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I have been accused of demanding pie in the sky for years because I support spending our own money, the taxes collected from us and nobody else, on us instead of giving it away free to the rich, the military, and anybody but the poor undeserving owners of our money - us.

Spending on the military is spending on us. The military are the people who keep us safe from the bad guys.

I've never heard of any policy of giving money that was taxed from the poor to rich people. Cite?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 06:14 am
@oralloy,
Figure it out for yourself. If the rich guys get billions of tax free money from the treasury and they barely put anything in in the first place, it's we the people's tax money we're getting robbed of.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am not aware of any rich guys receiving billions from the treasury.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:25 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I would love to join the March.
I am currently outside of the US.
I will be there in spirit.

Max, your statement implies that you support Medicare-for-All.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:39 am
@Real Music,
1. I strongly upport publically funded, single payer healthcare.

2. I want to get rid of employer based health insurance. My employer should have nothing to do with my health care.

3. I don't like the rhetoric if the easy solution or the idea that one ideologic wing will jam this through without compromise.

Any national healthcare system will involve health care rationing. There are always trade offs. Creating a national healthcare.system for the US is going to be a complex and difficult process.

We should be honest about that.
Real Music

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 02:00 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Any national healthcare system will involve health care rationing.

1. I don't necessarily accept your assertion as being entirely accurate or correct.
2. The reason I am saying that is because of the nuances of different healthcare systems.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 02:11 am
@Real Music,
Max assumes that UHC will be the same standard as subsidised health care in the US because he has no imagination.

He cannot conceive of anything outside America everything needs to be referenced as a foreign version of something that already exists in America.

That’s why this thread is a waste of time because he can’t see systems as they are, just how he imagines them to be.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 02:54 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
Any national healthcare system will involve health care rationing.

1. I don't necessarily accept your assertion as being entirely accurate or correct.

No healthcare system is going to spend a billion dollars to keep a terminal patient alive for five hours longer than they would otherwise live.

The nation would go bankrupt within a week.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 11:22 pm
All of the world's health care systems are 'sick'. But among the wealthiest countries, the US' is the sickest - according to a new survey by The Commonwealth Fund.

Mirror, Mirror 2021: Reflecting Poorly Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
Quote:
• Key Findings: The top-performing countries overall are Norway, the Netherlands, and Australia. The United States ranks last overall, despite spending far more of its gross domestic product on health care. The U.S. ranks last on access to care, administrative efficiency, equity, and health care outcomes, but second on measures of care process.
Conclusion: Four features distinguish top performing countries from the United States: 1) they provide for universal coverage and remove cost barriers; 2) they invest in primary care systems to ensure that high-value services are equitably available in all communities to all people; 3) they reduce administrative burdens that divert time, efforts, and spending from health improvement efforts; and 4) they invest in social services, especially for children and working-age adults.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.47 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:55:18