Medicare For All March Saturday July 24

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Then again, how much interest is there in the UK about the American Health Care system?

Not much to be honest.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
There is so much to ignore. This is just part of it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 11:45 am
@edgarblythe,
We’ve got enough dodgy **** of our own to be getting on with. Johnson has been screwing up Brexit good and proper.

Then there’s a huge fallout with ex adviser Dominic Cummings who is saying all sorts about him. The Health minister has hadto resign and they’ve been accused of double standards.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 12:57 pm
I've been preoccupied with my country, but am aware the UK and most other countries have equal **** to deal with. I feel if we can't fix the US we're just going to drag the rest of the world into the sewer with us.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
I understand your concerns. I’d feel the same way.

To put it into context, America isn’t in the news so much now Trump is out of office. The last time Biden was mentioned was when he attended the summit in Cornwall.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:32 pm
@izzythepush,
If Biden doesn't **** or get off the pot you will read lots about his successor.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:17 pm
I am bearing down on Democrats because they and their followers hold the keys to the success or failure of our country in the immediate future. Republicans, Green Party, whatever else is practically irrelevant. The people who normally would want the Democratic Party to succeed could transform the country overnight if they would stop being subservient apologists for their politicians and their stonewalling the needs of the nation. But, they whine. What you want is pie in the sky. We don't deserve it, at least not now. By increments in distant future we may evolve to a tolerable society. Meanwhile be a majorette or drumbeater for the current state of affairs. Whatever, don't criticize Democratic leaders.

If not now there will possibly never be another chance.

Topics so far for the proposed thread so far:

Healthcare

neverending wars

Yankee power in the Americas

sanctions

BLM

Police reform

Voting rights

minimum wage

traitor Democrats and Democrats defending them

children in cages

illegal aliens

pandemic

fossil fuel

global warming

Biden sucking up to GOP

Biden inaction protecting right to peaceful assembly

Biden's sexual missteps (putting it overly politely)

abandoning the Iran treaty

continuing Yemen war

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 01:59 pm
I support the issue, but this thread has taken a rather extremist bent.

Whining about the mainstream media and pushing conspiracy theories are supposed to be a right-wing tricks. This is supposed to be a left wing thread, right?

Health care reform will come from the center.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
For Max the mere mention of subjects like children in cages is classed as extremist.

This is the sort of World Max lives in, one where opposition to children being locked up in cages is seen as an extremist view.

It’s pretty clear who the extremist is.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:19 pm
Thanks for reading his reply for me. I always skip the pleasure of it.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:20 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't see what kids in cages has do with medicare for all (other than an ideological laundry list).

I can support both kids in cages and medicare for all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
It beats talking to him.

He’s just upset you didn’t clear with him exactly what could and what couldn’t be discussed on a thread like this.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh. Please extend to him my apology. Don't tell him I said suck eggs, because I am not certain what that means.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:49 pm
What is the goal here?

Are.we trying to fix health care? Or we trying to fight the "endless war" against the Republicans?

Anyone can read this thread. Clearly the focus is partisan warfare. I don't see anything on this thread about health care.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:22 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I read an article on this in the last couple of days (I may be able to find it) that mentioned that the majority of 'known' personal debt (I think it was $140 Bn) in the US was due to medical reasons. They say 'known' because this was only from collection agencies and did not include people paying via payment plans, credit cards, etc. The article also discussed how having a national medicare scheme actually benefited everyone, including the government. I'll have to see if I can find that article. I should start bookmarking these things.

Edit:

here it is
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/20/upshot/medical-debt-americans-medicaid.html

Did anyone actually read this?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:33 pm
@Mame,
Yes. But I've known for years that Americans and increasingly the rest of the world are regarded as livestock, money-producing animals to feed the corporate interests.
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
You need universal health care. Period.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 05:56 pm
@Mame,
Of course. People dying for want of health care in the wealthiest nation. Health care costs increasing regardless. And the politicians totally ignoring it. Which goes back to my last post about human livestock.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
exactly. like people in china are considered ants
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 06:23 pm
@Mame,
You might be surprised how many people you explain this to and they don't want any part of it. As they are so conditioned. Many Americans don't think it's time to demand much of anything.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:39:20