How long were the Israelites in Egypt?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 06:59 am
@The Anointed,
You are arguing that people lived off of volcanic ash. If you step back and honestly think about that (I assume you have seen ash and know what it is)... it is a ridiculous claim you are making.

And yet you are holding to this ridiculous argument. I could point out the scientific problems with getting the nutrition you need from volcanic ash. I could explain the chemistry to you, but it wouldn't matter. You have your belief and no matter what I say you will find evidence, facts or quotes to support it.

It doesn't matter though.

The manna that came from heaven was a miracle. It was something that happened because an all-powerful bring with magical powers wanted it to happen.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't have to follow scientific laws. So if this did happen, science doesn't apply.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 07:04 am
The circle can be squared very easily.

Anointed likes to name drop Enoch, but doesn’t really go there.

The Angelic conversations of Dr John Dee were carried out in the lost language of the angels or Enochian.

The system of magic Dee founded is known as Enochian magic.

Without going into too much detail about the angelic conversations themselves, Dee and Kelly claimed to be talking to the angel Uriel.

Uriel told them that the place he inhabits is outside of time and space, that this universe is like a bubble wrapped up in time and space.

What that means is that the story of Adam and Eve could have happened outside the universe exactly as portrayed in the Bible and that when they were cast out of Eden their souls were put in the bodies of evolved Homo sapiens in the bubble that is governed your time and space.

If that were the case there would be no contradiction between science which deals with the laws of time and space and theology which deals with that which exists outside of time and space.

Now instead of arguing the toss you can all do something more productive.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:44 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If 10% of the time an unbalanced force was found to not cause an acceleration that would mean the theory was quite incorrect.

History isn't like that. Kings and dictators make unwarranted boasts and put a hard spin on the facts all the time. When dealing with ancient sources you almost always have a mix of fact and fiction.

Also later writers rewrite older documents to add their own spin on them.

I again strongly recommend the works of Israel Finkelstein. He is no friend of people who want the entire Bible to be entirely correct. But he is also no friend of people who want the entire Bible to be entirely false. He does a great job of teasing out what is true and what is false.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:55 am
@oralloy,
Israel Finkelstein says clearly that there is no evidence of a mas exodus of Jews from Egypt or of an migration accross the desert. Moreover he argues that this lack of evidence is significant. An exodus of that many people past military fortification followed by an mass migration would have left clear marks. And we have looked for these signs. And they arent there. That makes the Exodus story almost certainly false.

Of course any myth can have cultural references or parts of truth. But a myth isnt the same as history.

I too like Iarael Finklestein's wrting.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 04:21 pm
@maxdancona,
That still leaves the possibility that the Exodus story refers to the Hyksos.

It also leaves the possibility that the Exodus story refers to a small band of escaped slaves.

No proof of either hypothesis of course. But it’s interesting speculation.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 02:17 am
@maxdancona,
Maxdancona wrote...... (You are arguing that people lived off of volcanic ash. If you step back and honestly think about that (I assume you have seen ash and know what it is)... it is a ridiculous claim you are making.
And yet you are holding to this ridiculous argument. I could point out the scientific problems with getting the nutrition you need from volcanic ash. I could explain the chemistry to you, but it wouldn't matter. You have your belief and no matter what I say you will find evidence, facts or quotes to support it.)

The Anointed’s response……. It would appear that you are either a barefaced liar, or that you are totally incapable of comprehending anything that you read.

Never did I say that people lived on volcano ash, but on the residue of the burning hailstones that fell from the covering cloud that was created when the Island of Santorina exploded and 35,000 kilometres of material was blasted out into the stratosphere.

Here is what I said in the post you refer to: and this is taken from the scriptures; “Each morning the desert floor was covered with the residue of the melted hailstones, mounds of a flaky cellulose substance, which looked like coriander seed, and would melt and breed worms and stink if left out in the sun, and yet could be preserved when cooked, and tasted like biscuits mixed with the purest of olive oils. (Volcanic ash does not melt and breed worms you silly person)

Carbohydrates are any of a group of chemical compounds, including sugars, starches, and cellulose, containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen ‘ONLY’, [of which there was an ample supply in the cloud from the volcanic explosion] with the ratio of hydrogen to oxygen atoms usually 2 : 1.

The hailstones that fell during the night, when the covering cloud was not washed in sunlight, were burning balls of frozen gas’ containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, from which the carbohydrates were created, no volcanic ash in those burning balls of Gas, you silly person.

From the cattle, sheep and Goats that the Israelite shepherds brought with them when they left Egypt, they had all the meat and dairy products that they needed, but never staying in one place for any length of time they could not grow any grain, and lacked the carbohydrates needed in their diet, this is why they always camped under the covering cloud.

When it drifted away, they would break camp and follow it, and when it stopped they would set up camp and remain there until it began to drift away again.

Now you run away and wash from your filthy mouth all that volcanic ash that you have been spewing out all over this form. I mean, how dumb could anyone be, who after reading my post thought that I was referring to volcanic ash that the Israelite relied for their daily intake of carbohydrates.

I don’t know what your IQ is mate, but I bet it starts with a decimal point.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 06:05 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Never did I say that people lived on volcano ash, but on the residue of the burning hailstones that fell from the covering cloud that was created when the Island of Santorina exploded and 35,000 kilometres of material was blasted out into the stratosphere.

I stand corrected, and I apologize for my misstatement.

My point stands. The idea that people can live on "the residue of burning hailstones" is scientifically ridiculous.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 01:22 am
@maxdancona,
What are burning hail stones created from? And what are starches and carbohydrates created from
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 04:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

I stand corrected, and I apologize for my misstatement.

My point stands. The idea that people can live on "the residue of burning hailstones" is scientifically ridiculous.

The idea is ridiculous, Max, but consider the source.

In any case, there is no such thing as a "burning hailstone." They simply do not exist, which does not mean that the Bible cannot pretend they do. The Bible apparently pretends all sorts of things.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 04:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Volcanic ash is very fertile.

That’s why Pompeii was such a disaster.

If volcanic soil was barren nobody would live near it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 04:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Volcanic ash is very fertile.

That’s why Pompeii was such a disaster.

If volcanic soil was barren nobody would live near it.

Yep, volcanic ash is f a great fertilizer. Some people actually buy it and spread it in gardens.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 08:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Not only that, they add that stuff to various beauty products, like Masques (fancy name for facial), body scrubs, exfoliator creams..........and charge an enormous amount of money and promise miraculous skin rejuvenation like you can't believe. You can't believe it, because it's not true.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 09:08 am
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Which leaves us with science, not myths and imagined scenarios.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 09:54 am
@glitterbag,
Apparently Santorini is gorgeous. I’ve not been there myself, but when I was in Crete a couple staying at the same resort went on a day trip there and said it was really beautiful.

Not my sort of thing though, all beaches, I preferred the archeological digs of Crete.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:53:13