How long were the Israelites in Egypt?

The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 06:47 am
@izzythepush,
Apart from being spiritually blind, what other problems do you have?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:01 am
You have put a remarkable effort into studying scripture. I would not have been so thorough even had I cared enough to know all of that. But I notice you only answer what you wish to answer. I mentioned much earlier that a person with your views and education almost always disdains science. True? What do you think of Denisovans and dinosaurs? Dr. Leakey's work? Do you think there is likely to be life elsewhere in the universe?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:03 am
I don't employ the thumbs up/down feature. I don't know why some do.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:06 am
@The Anointed,
You’re the one who goes round buying dogshit.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:07 am
@The Anointed,
You are the least spiritual person on A2K, you spout unthinking dogma and nothing else.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 01:44 pm
Historians and archeologists say that there is no record of a large number of "Israelites" (acrually Canaanite is a better word) ever living in Egypt.

The Biblical story of slavery in Egypt never happened. It is a myth.
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
I believe the OP is presuming that the Israelites were descended from the Hyksos. Historians do have records of the Hyksos living in Egypt.

"Hyksos ancestry for the Israelites" is an interesting hypothesis, but I'm not sure if it will ever be proved or disproved. We'll probably never have evidence of the ultimate fate of the Hyksos after they fled Sharuhen.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 03:50 pm
@maxdancona,
From the Encyclopedia Britannica, ‘Hyksos’, invaders who were also called the Shepherd Kings, who in the time of “King Tutimaios” entered Egypt and took possession of it ‘without striking a blow’ and it is said here that Josephus the Roman historian, identifies them with the Israelites and that their reign ended in 1567 B.C.

Apopis, is said to have been a Hyksos king of ancient Egypt and reigned c 1585-42 B.C., and Apopis was the Last of the Shepherd Kings?

Kathleen Kenyon, a most respected archaeologist dug at Jericho over the seasons between 1952 to 1958, her results were confirmed in 1995 by radiocarbon tests, which dated the destruction of Jericho to 1562 BC (Plus/minus 38 years) with a certainty of 95%.

The radiocarbon tests which dated the destruction of Jericho to 1562 BC (plus/minus 38 years) with a certainty of 95%, confirm that the biblical date of 1527 BC for the destruction, agrees with Kathleen Kenyon’s findings.
1562 (minus 38 years) [1562-38=1524 BC.] this would mean that Jericho fell somewhere between 1562 and 1524 BC, close enough to the 40 years after Josephus’ date for the Exodus in 1567. [1567 minus 40=1527 BC].

The Hyksos were described as bowmen and cavalrymen wearing the cloaks of many colours, much like the cloak of many colours that was worn by Joseph the son of Israel and the first of the Israelite rulers of Egypt.

From the Encarta encyclopedia: “Hyksos,” Semitic invaders who conquered Egypt in the early part of the 17th century BC and founded the 15th Dynasty. Sweeping south into Egypt, probably from Palestine and Syria, they and their nomadic followers captured Memphis and exacted tribute from the rest of the country. They established a stronghold at Avaris (possibly the later Tanis), on the northeastern border of the Nile delta, but left the territory above Memphis under the rule of tributary princes of the old nobility. These vassals started the nationalistic revolt that finally, under Ahmose I (reigned 1570-1546 BC), founder of the 18th Dynasty, drove out the foreign rulers.”

40 years later, the Israelites were to destroy the city of Jericho.

Is there any other way that we can date the Exodus of the Israelite shepherds? There certainly is.

1 Kings 6: 1; States that it was 480 years after the exodus, that Solomon began to build the temple, which took seven years to complete. According to Josephus the Roman historian, the temple stood for four hundred and seventy years six months and ten days before it was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s forces in 587 B.C.

587 B.C., + the four hundred and seventy years six months and ten days, rounded off to four hundred and seventy and one years that the Temple stood + the seven years it took to build, after the 480 years since the Exodus and we have 587 B.C., + 471 years = 1058 B.C., + 7 years = 1065 B.C., + 480 years = 1545 B.C., being the year of the exodus.

I am sure, that the diligent student will discover that the Exodus did occur 40 years before the fall of Jericho and not some 200 years later as taught by those who believe the erroneous teachings of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, who believe that the Israelites were in the land of Canaan for 215 years, before moving into Egypt where, according to the Roman Old Testament, they remained for 430 Years.

The atheists who choose to remain blind to the truth as recorded in the scriptures can believe as they wish and continue to wallow in their ignorance to the historical past of Jacob and his family.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 03:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You have put a remarkable effort into studying scripture. I would not have been so thorough even had I cared enough to know all of that. But I notice you only answer what you wish to answer. I mentioned much earlier that a person with your views and education almost always disdains science. True? What do you think of Denisovans and dinosaurs? Dr. Leakey's work? Do you think there is likely to be life elsewhere in the universe?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 04:26 pm
@The Anointed,
The Hyskos were kings. They weren't slaves.
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 04:43 pm
@maxdancona,
They weren't kings after they were driven from power.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 05:45 pm
@oralloy,
Why are you so attached to this myth, Oralloy? It isnt your mythology.
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 05:54 pm
@maxdancona,
I do not agree that history and archaeology are myths.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 05:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Genesis 1: 27; So, God created human beings, making them to be like himself. (Mankind is an androgynous being Just like God, neither male or female, but male ‘AND’ Female) He created them male and female, blessed them, and said, “Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals. Mankind was made to be Lord of all creatures.

Within the spiritual dimension that co-exists within our three dimensional world before mankind, our animal ancestors, simply obeyed their evolved animal instincts, which is the gathered information of their ancestors, the evolved ancestral spirit that dwells behind the veil of their flesh, within the innermost sanctuary of their being, but there finally evolved an animal which rebelled against the indwelling ancestral Spirit and decided to Judge for itself, whether the inner commands were good or bad.

It was then that death entered the world, the concept that you ‘THE MIND’, ceases to exist with the return of the body in which you had evolved, to the universal elements from which that body had been created.

The evolving godhead in the spiritual dimension, of the Most-High earthly species on the ladder of evolution, before Mankind, which godhead was evolving from the information gathered by his earthly body, which species had ruled the earth for some 140 million Years, and which species became extinct around 66 million years ago, was the evolving mind/spirit of the great upright walking reptile, whose earthly body was later cursed and made to crawl on its belly in the dust of the earth.

No species can exist for that length of time, without achieving a high degree of intelligence. Step into a fire, remember the pain and you will never repeat that mistake, it is through Pain and suffering that intelligence begins. We learn through the pain and sufferings that we endure, which pain and suffering is caused by the sins and mistakes that we make in Life. Spare the rod says the Lord, and you will spoil the child.

The extinction of the reptilian dinosaurs some 66 million years ago, was a blessing to mankind, as they would have been the greatest threat to the continued evolution of mankind from our ancestors ‘The Mammals,’ of which our oldest known primate-like mammal ancestors, were the Plesiadapis, which came from North America; or the Archicebus, which came from China, or any of the other similar basal primates, which were widespread in Eurasia and Africa during the tropical conditions of the Paleocene and Eocene geological Epochs. And the evolutionary history of those primates can be traced back 65 million years, shortly after the time when the dinosaurs became extinct, and mankind was created.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 06:14 pm
@The Anointed,
I gotcha. Divine evolution. Why does a god allow the mass killing of children and others? So many children don't get a chance to make mistakes and they get snuffed. Even in the story of Job, his children that died are not returned to him when god wins his bet and restores Job's life. What's destroying innocent children about?
The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 06:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
1 Samuel, 15: 1. Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one whom the LORD sent to anoint you king of his people Israel. Now listen to what the LORD Almighty says. He is going to punish the people of Amalek because their ancestors opposed the Israelites when they were coming from Egypt. (That was over 300 years prior to Samuel) Go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Don't leave a thing; kill all the men, women, children, and babies; the cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 06:54 pm
Creepy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:06 pm
@The Anointed,
I've been drawing you out because you are intelligent and know your material well or have it set up to insert as needed. I think it's neat how you insert magic to allow natural processes to bypass science. Some of us atheists get a kick out of reading it.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
A singularity is a region of space-time in which matter is crushed so closely together that the gravitational laws explained by general relativity break down. In a singularity, the volume of space is zero and its density is infinite. Scientists believe such a singularity exists at the core of a black hole, which occurs when a super-massive sun reaches the end of its life and implodes.

General relativity also demands such a singularity must exist at the beginning of an expanding universe, from which singularity IMO our eternal oscillating and ever evolving universe is resurrected to continue on in that everlasting process.

If General relativity demands that such a singularity must exist at the beginning of an expanding universe, then it could be and is argued, that if the singularity from which this Three Dimensional universe is said to have been created, existed at the core of a Black Hole, it is obvious to anyone who believes that this is the first and only period of three dimensional universal activity, that the Black Hole in which the ‘SINGULARITY’ existed from which this supposed one and only Three Dimensional Universe was created, had to have originated from a different universe that existed within a different dimension?

There are as many, if not more scientific theories as to the origin of our universe, as there are differing religious bodies, such as Christianity, Hindu, Abrahamic, Muslim, etc.

One of which, is a theory put forward by Niayesh Afshordi, an astrophysicist with Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada, which he believes, could explain the singularity within a Super massive Black Hole, from which singularity our ‘Three Dimensional’ Universe was born.

Niayesh Afshordi, proposes that our three-dimensional universe floats as a membrane in a “bulk universe” that has four dimensions and that the “Bulk Universe” has four dimensional stars, which go through the same life cycles as our three-dimensional stars.

The most massive ones explode as supernovae, and their central core collapses into a black hole, (As a Singularity) like in our universe, only in four-dimension. The four-dimensional black hole has its own four dimensional “Event Horizon,” the boundary between the inside and the outside of a black hole.

In a three-dimensional universe, the event horizon appears to be two dimensional. In a four-dimensional universe, it appears to be three dimensional. The four-dimensional black hole, then blows apart, (THE BIG BANG) with the leftover material forming a three-dimensional membrane surrounding a ‘Three Dimensional’ event horizon, which expands---and is essentially our universe.

So, according to the theory proposed by Niayesh Afshordi, our universe is the vomited-up guts of a Super massive fourth dimensional black hole, in which the singularity that is said to have been the origin of our three dimensional universe, had been crushed. The expansion of the event horizon explains our universe's expansion; the fact that its creation stems from another 4D universe explains the weird temperature uniformity.

As attractive as Niayesh Afshordi’s theory is, I will continue to believe in the eternal oscillating universe, which is the evolution of the eternal energy that has neither beginning or end, and that each stage of its activity is a separate generation, and each generation of its eternal evolution, occupies its own position in Space-Time.

As the scriptures state that God gathers all creation back to himself, before creating for us a new heavens and a new earth, (A new universe) I will continue to believe, that this entire universe, which began as a ‘singularity,’ will burn up and fall as fire into the Great Abyss, which is created by the black holes within the condensing Galaxies devouring each other, where it will be crushed back into the singularity from which it was created, only to be blasted out and resurrected to continue on in its eternal process of evolution.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 09:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
to quote Peter Gabriel "You could have a Big Dipper, going up and down all around the bends.....you could have a bumper car.... bumping...., the amusement never ends"

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 04:09:54