Rant and grumble

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 07:18 pm
Here's an idea you god-forsaken cell phone companies:

Install a device in my freakin phone that would allow me to call it and turn it on from a remote source. Then I could call the freakin phone number and find the damn thing.

How freakin hard would that be?

Enough already with your "secruity" nonsense and your "you pay for lost or stolen blah blah blahs".

You know what?

We don't freaking know if it's simply lost or if it has been stolen because we don't know where the hell it is.

This should be simple to fix.

Let's pretend we care and fix this damn problem.

<I feel a wee bit better now but not much because I hate cell phones and I should have never accepted that damned thing when Mr. B gave it to me>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,541 • Replies: 10
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
I'll even go this one better:

I'll pay $20 each time I use the freakin locate my phone service.

Can you hear me now?
0 Replies

joluma

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:28 pm
I absolutely despise all cell phones, carriers, and prepaid cards! And guess what, I don't even have a cell phone. Gave them to my teenage grandsons for Christmas and thought that would be the end of it. Oh, no. One lost his with $75 worth of minutes on it, and the other is constantly calling to bribe me into adding minutes. I'm almost ready to go back to rotary dial, two party lines.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
I have a rotary phone. It's red, circa 1972. No cell phone here.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:35 am
and here i was thinking my folks were the last people on the planet with rotary phones.

they've got one of these in the kitchen
(it used to be white; now its sorta beige)

http://web.ivenue.com/customphones/images/1654.jpg

i don't own a cell phone either -- can't stand them...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:35 am
The last one I had was work required and about the size of a brick.

I did fine without one though there was a time or two that one would have been handy. Mr. B's bought himself a new one and it came with an extra free phone which he gave to me.

And which I've lost or had stolen.

If I could turn it on and let it ring I'd probably be able to find it as I'm thinking it's somewhere out in my yard.

The darn thing is about the size of a Chiclet.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:39 am
Could you attach one of those things to the phone that beep when you clamp? I always say I'm going to get one for my car keys.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:44 am
My mom had a rotary dial phone, light blue, circa 1975 when she died in 1997 and I thought that was the last of them; but, 3 years later a guy I knew needed help looking after his cats while he was being retrofitted for a kidney and he had a black rotary phone, complete with the hard wiring directly into the wall. Metal underside, it weighed about 3 pounds I'd figure.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:48 am
Can you offer Mo a reward?

Squirrels hide goodies--and can find other squirrel's caches.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
One of those clapping things is a great idea!

Especially if it were the size and weight of a brick.

I have tried to enlist Mo in finding the phone but so far we have not had much luck. I do think it's around here, somewhere but there are so many nooks and crannies and most of them are full of interesting and attention diverting bugs.

I remember getting my very last phone that required the phone company to come and intall it! I recall the lovely woman phone store representative who insisted that "a young woman, living alone, must have an extension in her bedroom. It didn't cost any extra and she'd feel so much better knowing that I'd be safer."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:31 pm
I'm still fond of the extension-in-the-bedroom notion. Bedrooms have doors and kitchens don't.

A woman on the telephone is the most popular person in the universe, the only source of both mundane and esoteric information.
0 Replies