Writing from the hospital.

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:13 pm
Yesterday, while traveling, I was hit by dizziness and double vision. My brother convinced me to take it seriously and I was shuttled out of the airport through secret tunnels I never knew existed into an ambulance.. The EMTs noted I had very high blood pressure. I spent the night in a strange hospital emergency room (far from home).

Today I feel better... the neurologist thinks I had a mini-stroke. And, as you can see, I am back to my normal pleasant self. It is weird, I feel there is nothing wrong with me now... but they want me to wait for an MRI.

Hospitals are no fun.

roger

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Double vision can be a big deal, alright. If they want to keep you for a little, I think you should go along with it
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:50 pm
@roger,
Yeah, I am listening to the doctors. This wasn't in my plans for the weekend. It looks like I will be here another day.

I think they have eliminated most of the serious problems at least. Now it is just waiting.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:53 pm
@roger,
I was taken out of airport secure area in an ambulance during a layover in a city that I have never visited.

Everyone kept asking me if I know where I am. It is a screening question... but I honestly had no idea 😃. I was able to tell them who is president.
hightor

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 03:01 pm
Good luck and get better soon.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 03:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Hope you are up and well enough to go home, where you can rest . Hospitals are no place to get well.
jespah

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 03:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Ay yi yi glad you took it seriously.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:04 pm
@PUNKEY,
Home? I am planning to continue on my trip.... as soon as some doctor gives the ok. 🙂

I don't do sick very well. Thanks all for the wishes. They just told me to get ready for my mri.
Real Music

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Take care of yourself.

I do wish you well and a speedy recovery.

I hope everything turns out fine.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:59 pm
@maxdancona,
I hope it all goes well for you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 05:34 am
Ahh...the trials of getting old.

Glad you are okay, Max. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

If you ARE going to continue the trip, be careful.

oralloy

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 05:57 am
I hope your insurance is covering you and you aren't being hit with huge "out of network" bills.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 06:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, I don't remember getting old, but somehow it happened. Thanks!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 06:22 am
@oralloy,
I haven't gotten the bill yet. I will worry about that when I am out I guess.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 08:07 am
@maxdancona,
they will probably prescribe a lifetime of ELOQUIS, or other blood thinners (I lived on Warfarin for many years till recently ).

Dont skip your regimens because youve now discovered the consequences of the nefarious "blood clot" and they wont quit happening unless you deal with em.

Watch your diet too.

Be well and aware of these signals.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 09:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I was taken out of airport secure area in an ambulance during a layover in a city that I have never visited.

Everyone kept asking me if I know where I am. It is a screening question... but I honestly had no idea 😃. I was able to tell them who is president.

Depending on the city they might had been looking for Trump as president. GRIN
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 11:18 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I haven't gotten the bill yet. I will worry about that when I am out I guess.

Hope you are doing better..for the bill side in order to reduce your stress...there should be an exception for out if network charges in an emergency.

My daughter went to a hospital for emergency purposes a year or so ago...she is fine...I got the hospital bill that was fine with in network, but the doctor bill came separately and it was noted as out of network.

I called my unsure company and asked so when you are in a hospital to be seen for emergency purposes are you to ask specifically for a doctor in the network? Sarcastically of course. They said no ...in emergency situations they will bill as in network...the thing is you need to question the bill so they will change it.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 02:10 pm
@Linkat,
Thanks Linkat. I haven't gotten to the worrying about the bill stage. I just got good news from the neurologist and the clearance to go!

I going to be grateful for for my health for a little while.
Linkat

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 02:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Glad to hear ...have a great rest of your vacation
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 10:35 am
Not every poster who is hospitalised chooses to make a thread about it.

Some people are quite stoic and only tell a few close friends.

What is clear is that the sort of person who makes a big song and dance about going into hospital is also narcissistic enough to think any reference to hospital is a swipe at them.

Max did that on another thread to Glitterbag and got the thread shut down.

Since I decided to ignore him he is taking it out on Glitterbag, he follows her around telling lies and insulting her.

1. Forums
  2. » Writing from the hospital.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:01:05