Vaccine denial: Why people don't want to take off their masks

BennytheJet

Sat 12 Jun, 2021 09:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Being scientific means two things; asking questions and accepting the scientific answers. Both of these parts are important.

But the scientific process doesn't include accepting an answer and then carving it in stone to never be challenged again.

Quote:
They are starting with an emotional set of beliefs that they won't change no matter what the evidence is.

False, and you are misrepresenting my position in a way that seems purposeful.

We simply don't have enough data on this vaccine. I could potentially change my mind years down the road. I have no problem with the lemmings who do everything that the shiny box tells them to being the test monkeys.
maxdancona

Sat 12 Jun, 2021 10:01 pm
@BennytheJet,
1. We do have enough data to declare several of the vaccines are both safe and effective. We had tens of thousands of people in a double blind study before the roll out. Now we have data from millions of people.

2. There is a point when a cientific hypothesis has been tested by experiment, supported and accepted by the scientific community. You are correct that it isn't "written in stone". But it has been tested, peer reviewed and accepted.

At this point to disprove it, you need to not only provide new compelling experimental data (i.e. a lot more than anectdotes from the internet). And... you need to explain why the previous experiments supported the hypothesis.

3. You say you need to see "enough data" to change your mind. What would "enough data" look like for you?

4. You seem to put more credence in to random stories from the internet and political pundits than you do from careful experiments run by expert scientists.

You seem to be accepting stories that support your preexisting beliefs rather than truly questioning.
BennytheJet

Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:46 am
@maxdancona,
What's it like going through life doing everything that the shiny box tells you to?

Is it comforting to not have to think?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:05:15