WHAT DOES THE GOP BELIEVE IN?

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 11:31 am
Im really confused as to how a group of apparently intelligent people can , singularly believe such nonsense as;

1 Jan 6 was just a quiet protest
2 The 2020 election was stolen from the former president
3 How Trump's post "presidential" continued lies are believed by anyone
4 Wearing a surgical mask to protect against covid is the same as requiring German Jews to wear a Star of David tattoo by the Nazi regime.
5. a bogus "audit" would change the results of an honest election
6 Congressional leaders have changed their minds about Trump's culpability from "fully responsible" for incitement to nor responsibility for the ame event.

Is Abe Lincoln rolling in his grave yet ?? I think he would be were not his catafalque olding his bodie made of poured concrete.

I know weve got some smart people here who claim to still be proud GOP members knowing the lies , deceit. potential crimes and just crazy actions of Mr Trump

Just curious

hightor

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 11:58 am
Well, from the way they talk, Obama was much worse.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 12:00 pm
@farmerman,
I think the smart supporters of Trump have all fucked off.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 12:05 pm
Has to be tribalism. It sure isn't thinking.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 03:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
GOP is heavily showing us their snowflake side. They cannot think as individuals and can only support the Great FatFagin or be separated from "the Body".

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 04:06 pm
Most GOP people I know have just a few issues, but they buy into all the bullshit because it all loathes "the left," the ones they blame their issues on. This despite the fact the so-called left in this country is barely right of Republicans. For instance, the gun nuts may not know any of the non gun issues, but they support any and everything their side endorses.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 04:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
WHAT DOES THE GOP BELIEVE IN?

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Most GOP people I know have just a few issues, but they buy into all the bullshit because it all loathes "the left," the ones they blame their issues on. This despite the fact the so-called left in this country is barely right of Republicans. For instance, the gun nuts may not know any of the non gun issues, but they support any and everything their side endorses.

I wrote barely right meaning to say barely left.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 04:48 am
Quote:
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

If this sums up the beliefs of the GOP, then the party is as much of an anachronism as the 2nd Amendment!
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:33 am
@hightor,
They believe in other things too. But that is what I find most beneficial about them.

The idea that freedom is an anachronism is Orwellian.
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:43 am
@oralloy,
Your adherence to the 2nd A as written will only leave us with the gradual Balkanization of this once great country. Theres no reason to glue yourself to holding guns as a right of issue since there will be no country left.
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:45 am
@oralloy,
You say "they believe in other things too", name one. All I see is the GOP giving up its rigid posture on defense and spending and civil rights for some shithead leaser who only will bring anarchy.
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:48 am
@farmerman,
Another thing that Republicans believe in is outlawing abortions.

They aren't abandoning defense spending so far as I am aware of.

I'm with them on big defense spending. But I couldn't care less about abortions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Your adherence to the 2nd A as written will only leave us with the gradual Balkanization of this once great country. Theres no reason to glue yourself to holding guns as a right of issue since there will be no country left.

Nah. Most Americans like being free.
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 04:48 pm
@oralloy,

Being free and being stupid arent mutually exclusive there Nostradamus.

BTW, with almost daily mss shootings where are all these armed "good guys" that the GOP talked about.Citizens, armed and ready to protect the meek masses? You mean you all talk outta your asses??

I really think (from the way you bleat your obsessions) that you'd soil yer pants if you were ever threatened with gun violence

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 04:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
BTW, with almost daily mss shootings where are all these armed "good guys" that the GOP talked about.

Not enough people are carrying guns. We need people to be allowed (as is their right in the first place) to carry guns all over the nation.

farmerman wrote:
I really think (from the way you bleat your obsessions) that you'd soil yer pants if you were ever threatened with gun violence

I'm much braver than you are.
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 05:21 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm much braver than you are.
wow, braver too. Color me impressed
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WHAT DOES THE GOP BELIEVE IN?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:41:48