Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:22 am
I don't use the down thumb very often, and can count on one hand how often I have downed a post in these last 10 or 15 years, until today. Somehow, I have managed to hit the down thumb in three separate threads, and I'm unable to correct it.

Either I screwed up in some way three times in a row, in which case I'm sorry about that, or there's a glitch in the software.

Anyone else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 804 • Replies: 24
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Joeblow
izzythepush
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:27 am
@Joeblow,
Not that glitch.

There is one where the thumbs are hidden but you can still click on where they would be, that one affects everyone sporadically.
hightor

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:31 am
@izzythepush,
Rest easy. I'm sure the thumb downs were deserved.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:36 am
@izzythepush,
Maybe that's my issue. I just saw the number and clicked it. I think I may have been to the right of the number when I got the down vote. Just now on your reply, I first managed to downvote again (!) but then I clicked to the left, and it went up to 2, so I'll see where it lands as soon as I post this. Thanks Izzy.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:37 am
@hightor,
Not at all, one of them was yours Smile

Sorry 'bout that.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, that's it!

I have a work around now. Thanks again
hightor

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:51 am
@Joeblow,
That's funny! Laughing
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 05:38 am
@Joeblow,
It’s nice to be appreciated. When Mr Goldman was in the same situation and I told him the same thing he got nasty.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 06:12 am
@Joeblow,

note location of thumbs --

https://iili.io/B2VuB1.jpg

the glitch apparently lasts for 24 hours, and seems to be occurring more frequently now...
Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:29 am
@Region Philbis,
Got it now, thanks!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 01:49 pm
Does anyone even look at the thumbs?
Joeblow

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:59 pm
@Mame,
I do sometimes. Though they're almost meaningless these days because of all the meanspirited downthumbing, I often use them just to acknowledge a post, and I hate to see newbies get their first comments here downvoted!
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:35 pm
@Joeblow,
I have never given the thumbs a thought or even noticed them. Are they anonymous?
roger

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:43 pm
@Mame,
yes
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:54 pm
@roger,
I just don't see the merits if people can anonymously up or down a topic. I can thumbs up, you can thumbs down - we're at zero.
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 06:50 am
@Mame,
Quote:
I can thumbs up, you can thumbs down - we're at zero.

But as it's anonymous, how can you tell for sure who's thumbing you down? The safest thing is to simply and arbitrarily vote everyone else's comments down just in case they ever voted one of your posts down in the past β€” or might in the future. Or even contemplated it. This is serious, a blighted brainy battleground where towering intellects are pitted against each other in a terrifying and never-ending war waged with whisky wit and withering wisecracks.
Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 09:25 am
I like to use it for overall topics. If you thumbs down a topic it is hidden - makes it easier to browse through topics quicker so you are not seeing the same ones over and over that you have no interest in.
engineer

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 09:27 am
@Linkat,
Same here, I don't begrudge anyone their puzzle threads, but saves me time to not have to scroll through them.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 02:59 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I can thumbs up, you can thumbs down - we're at zero.

But as it's anonymous, how can you tell for sure who's thumbing you down? The safest thing is to simply and arbitrarily vote everyone else's comments down just in case they ever voted one of your posts down in the past β€” or might in the future. Or even contemplated it. This is serious, a blighted brainy battleground where towering intellects are pitted against each other in a terrifying and never-ending war waged with whisky wit and withering wisecracks.

Ha ha ha ha @ your last sentence.

If your ego's tied to whether you have 2 thumbs up or 2 thumbs down, that's pretty sad. Smile
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 06:25 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
If your ego's tied to whether you have 2 thumbs up or 2 thumbs down, that's pretty sad.

Yeah β€” what I always do in that case is to simply put everyone on "ignore" for a day or two and just enjoy having the site to myself.

1. Forums
  2. » Thumbs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:59:47