New York 1970s clear channel radio talk shows hosts

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 06:30 pm
I can not think of the talk shows station or hosts names who broadcast on a NYC clear channel AM radio station that I love so must listening to that I build a high grain antenna to picked up the signal in the 1970s or so from Miami.

Can anyone ID the clear channel radio station and or the names of some of the hosts from the 1970s?

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 09:59 pm
@BillRM,
I remember! The main man I was trying to remember was John Nebel and the 50,000 watt station was WOR;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_John_Nebel#Death

Now let see if I can find someone who had convert tapes of the shows to mp3 and place them online.
BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 10:28 pm
@BillRM,
There are times when I love the internet as in being able to download a show that I can remember listening to in the 1970s when I was manning a railroad draw bridge in the middle of the night for the New York and Long Branch Railroad.

A very boring job indeed but it paid nicely.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 03:06 am
@BillRM,
Oh yeah, Long John Nebel — he followed the Jean Shepherd Show. I wonder if Max Schmid has any Long John air checks in his collection?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 03:41 am
When I was living in Newcastle in the late 70’s/early 80s at a certain time of night I could American services radio broadcast to the troop in Germany.

I remember they aired commentary of a baseball game where someone called Henderson played a leading role.

That’s all I can remember, no teams, no scores, just Henderson, that and an advert about legal tyre tread in Germany.
Mame

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 09:28 pm
@izzythepush,
lol wonder why that bit stuck with you all this time
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » New York 1970s clear channel radio talk shows hosts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:02:08