Random Acts of kindness at Dunkin (and your local coffee shop)?

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 06:54 pm
Is this something new? This is the second time in the past several months - I have walked into a Dunkin gone to the counter to get my coffee and as I go to pay, I am told someone came in, gave them money and said to buy everyone coffee until the money runs out. Two different Dunkins in two different towns.

I had also had someone pay for my order that was a head of me in the drive up window.

I am not complaining by any means and it is very thoughtful - just did not know if anyone else has been experiencing these random acts of kindness.

Oh and I have paid it back myself - spied a police officer behind me and bought his - after I told the guy at the window - though I started to worry -- what if he is buying for the entire office -- then I thought ah well too late I offered.

hightor

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 04:26 am
@Linkat,
It's not new. I recall it was a fad for a while maybe ten years ago, mostly in grocery lines. But it's still all too rare.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 04:33 am
@Linkat,
The last random act of kindness I saw was in the film The Sea Wolves where someone pays the brothel owner for free shags for all sailors.

They weren’t being kind though, they wanted the sailors out of the way so they could blow up the ships.

Were there any acts of naval sabotage going on at the same time you received your free doughnut?
hightor

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks for the heads-up, izzy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
I didn’t see any sailors around. Police are known to frequent dunkins so you might have something there.

I just found it odd that two different ones in different towns had set up a crr we rain amount of money to pay for coffee for those walking in ... not the drive up just those walking in.
Both times there were a lot of cars so I opted to walk in
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:41 am
@Linkat,
I think spellcheck has done you over or my knowledge of American vernacular is a lot worse than I thought. The phrase crr we rain means nothing to me.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:47 am
@izzythepush,

'certain', possibly.

smart phone keyboards do that to words all the time...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:50 am
@Region Philbis,
That makes sense.

The device I’m on automatically sticks an apostrophe in when I try to write were.

It didn’t then, so it’s made me a liar.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

'certain', possibly.

smart phone keyboards do that to words all the time...

Oh my gosh - I cannot use my phone to type. I think I was saying "....set up a certain amount of money..." how the heck did that come up as it did!
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That makes sense.

The device I’m on automatically sticks an apostrophe in when I try to write were.

It didn’t then, so it’s made me a liar.

You should see what happens when I text! My husband and especially my kids get a good laugh at me - I am really bad with the keyboard on my phone - the keys are too small. I am old school typing - I took typing in high school as a class so I would be quick and accurate on a keyboard. I used to make some good money in college, typing papers for other students and even typing computer programming for the IT students. So with a keyboard I am pretty good. With the phone - I stink.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:28 am
@Linkat,
I am on an archaic iPad. The Kid has to use the computer for work.

I write something I think is quite sensible only to find it’s been bat **** crazied by the iPad with no chance of editing it.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:33 am
@Linkat,
I once meant to text that a friend had bad guts but because of predictive text I said they had a bad Gutenberg.

It wouldn’t have been so bad had I not refused to backdown. It’s the principle, if I say someone has bad Gutenberg they have bad Gutenberg, end of.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 08:06 am
@izzythepush,
You should have a look at this Smile

https://www.mabelandmoxie.com/The+Funniest+Text+Messages+Between+Parents+And+Their+Kids
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 08:11 am
@Mame,
Thank you. My kids are all grown up now.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 05:17 pm
@Linkat,
This was happening a lot here lately. There would be at least 3 or 4 posts on the community facebook page every week saying that someone had paid for their coffee or food.

But it seems to have dropped right off now that we're pretty much back to pre-covid normal.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Random Acts of kindness at Dunkin (and your local coffee shop)?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:05:12