Which one should I learn,Chinese or Japanese?

ruka

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 07:28 pm
Hi!

so...my first language is Persian and my second one is English,I'm a bit familiar with Korean and french, therefore I don't have a problem in terms of learning the grammar of either Chinese or Japanese, and I'm okay with writing the letters so it's all fine, but...
the problem is that Chinese uses tones and I'm afraid I would mess it up, and I started the basics yesterday, like hello, goodbye, counting and ect and ended up with a sore throat!
I'm an interior designer, a tour leader and soon to be a dress designer, so I want to know which is best for me to learn because apparently I don't have the ability to choose😐
Sorry for the long note!

Thank you in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 02:18 am
Mandarin Chinese would really be more useful and will probably become the language of global commerce in a decade or so.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 09:54 am
@ruka,
Why don’t you have the ability to choose?

Why do you need the ability to speak an additional language beyond the ones you speak now?

Which language would give you the best return in your financial future?
0 Replies

htam9876

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2021 03:55 pm
@ruka,
It’s said that Japanese characters were originated from Chinese characters, and Japanese culture was originated from Chinese culture…

The standard Chinese or say exactly people in North China uses tones. It’s very tough job, I know it. We guys in South China ignore this skill and we found that speaking Chinese would be a bit easy. Haha…but of course, it’s a bit non – standard…

Have a lovely day.
0 Replies