Prince Phillip has died aged 99.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Little things like that tend to get missed.........................

One commentator said that the Queen isn’t just mourning Philip, she’s a representative of everybody who has lost someone to Covid over the last year, and she symbolises the grief of the nation which isn’t easy.

That statement rings true to me.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 09:45 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

The first episode of Doctor Who was aired live straight after the assassination. The actors had only just heard the news and then they were on.

Those first few Dr Who shows was so low budget they was amusing to say the least if I remember correctly.

Like the original Star Trek shows Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 09:59 am
@glitterbag,
I saw that photo as well -

Also - just saw something that said they had a lip reader to try to read the conversations between Harry and William -

I mean really do these people have no privacy - they are in mourning and some rag hires a lip reader to invade their private conversations. And as human as this photo makes the Queen, a close up picture of this also on the other hand makes me feel a little icky - like I am peeking in her window to capture her private moment.

I know they are public figures, but it does kind of make me feel this way.
0 Replies