The Derek Chauvin Trial

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:17 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Not at all. I am saying they may simply have claimed to make a mistake. It wouldn't be hard to cook the books.

Wrong. That they made a mistake is obvious.

vikorr wrote:
- miliarty and scientist conduct atomic tests
- people were nearby
- people were affected by radiation
The most salient parts are the same. But there are differences. Similar doesn't mean 'the same'.

The fact that Castle Bravo was an accident is also a salient point.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Wrong. That they made a mistake is obvious.
Again, you can't prove this. Or your other claim. And I can't prove what you are saying wasn't the case.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:22 am
@vikorr,
Wrong. The mistake is well understood. Everyone can see that it was a genuine mistake.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:33 am
@oralloy,
Rolling Eyes
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:35 am
@vikorr,
What is it about reality that you most object to?
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:39 am
@oralloy,
The question shows a lack of understanding of the conversation
Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 11:22 am
Strewth mate, stone the flamin' crows, you sound like a sneaky Sasquatch indulging in stealthy shenanigans.

Your support for the troopers belies the fact that you appear to have a jumbuck stowed in your tucker bag!

I suggest you grab a VB from the esky and chill.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 01:04 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The question shows a lack of understanding of the conversation

I understand just fine. You are making false claims about our nuclear program. I am exposing your claims as falsehoods.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 03:21 pm
@oralloy,
Which reply again shows you don't understand what the conversation is about.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 03:36 pm
@oralloy,
Do you understand that in your head, you take a statement that holds true for the vast majority of things....then focus on an exception....so that you can ignore that the original statement holds true for the vast majority of things?

You exhibit this tendency quite frequently. Usually when someone tries to explain why the world isn't black and white. You never look past the obvious exceptions to the general truth of the statement - likely because it makes you uncomfortable that the world, for the most important parts, simply isn't black and white. It has never needed to be black and white - we can function quite well with vagueness. I'd even argue that the world is better off with multiple shades of grey - we don't end up with zealotary then.

The result of this behaviour is also one of the reasons people accuse you of not understanding the difference between your opinions / beliefs, and fact.
snood

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 03:56 pm
Here, let me save you two some time:
O: Uh- huh!
V: Uh - unh!
O: Yes it is!
V: No it’s not!
O: Is so!
V: Is not!
O: Is too!
V: No it isn’t!
O: I’m right and you’re not!
V: Nuh-uh! I’m right
O: Me!
V: Me!
O: Uh-huh!
V: Uh - Unh!

There. Now you two can take a break.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 04:10 pm
@snood,
Laughing so true
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 04:26 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Which reply again shows you don't understand what the conversation is about.

I understand perfectly. I was once again defending an entity from your false accusations.

Sometimes the entity that I defend is someone in the news headlines. Sometimes the entity that I defend is myself. This time the entity that I defend is the United States of America.

But it's all the same pattern. You make outrageous false accusations against an innocent party (and invariably try to impose a standard of guilty until proven innocent) and I step in and challenge your nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 04:27 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Do you understand that in your head, you take a statement that holds true for the vast majority of things....then focus on an exception....so that you can ignore that the original statement holds true for the vast majority of things?

Your entire premise is wrong. The statements that you refer to are not true at all.

What I do is show that those statements are not true.

People who wish that those statements were true are then unhappy with me.

vikorr wrote:
You exhibit this tendency quite frequently. Usually when someone tries to explain why the world isn't black and white. You never look past the obvious exceptions to the general truth of the statement - likely because it makes you uncomfortable that the world, for the most important parts, simply isn't black and white. It has never needed to be black and white - we can function quite well with vagueness. I'd even argue that the world is better off with multiple shades of grey - we don't end up with zealotary then.

The world is largely black and white.

It only appears gray to people who are not capable of perceiving reality.

Your dislike for this fact does not make it any less true.

vikorr wrote:
The result of this behaviour is also one of the reasons people accuse you of not understanding the difference between your opinions / beliefs, and fact.

The reason why some people make these false accusations against me is because those people are delusional nutcases.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 05:58 pm
@snood,
Yes, you were very right.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:29 pm
@vikorr,
Does your acknowledgement of Snood's point mean that you're going to stop making untrue accusations against innocent parties?
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 07:10 pm
@oralloy,
Rolling Eyes you still don't get the conversation. Snood's point was this - there's no point having a conversation with you that you can't understand because it goes around in circles.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 07:28 pm
@vikorr,
I get the conversation just fine.

Since you dodged my question, I presume that means you will remain a scourge against the innocent.

Pity.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 08:04 pm
@oralloy,
Why do you always make insulting comments about other people? Then all you do, after people have actually made a good faith effort to explain the situation or point of view, is call them names or disparage their character or pretend you are somehow smarter than everybody. You have a hostile personality, making snap judgments then doubling down because you are not confident enough in your own self to admit being wrong. That is not strength of belief, or character, or honor........it's proof you don't think things thru and have an inability to ponder, to examine, to digest information and simply must be right especially when you don't have a clue what others are talking about.

You actually used a line "I presume that means you will remain a scourge against the innocent".........You may think you have scored some sort of devastating retort.............but you are behaving like a sore head blow hard who can't get anyone to pay attention. You will never be taken seriously as long as you behave like a petulant pushy 10 year old. It's annoying to the people who have responsibilities, a normal life, and have no time to humor pests.
vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 08:20 pm
@oralloy,
Let make it a bit more clear for you - the atomic tests were an example within the context of the actual conversation. Ie.
- the conversation was never about atomic testing (despite what you appear to think); and for a bit more clarity
- the conversation doesn't even require someone to right and someone to be wrong

What you were asking showed no understanding of the conversation. It became pointless replying to. And Snood is right - when you don't understand, an endless loop is created.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 10:51:38