The Derek Chauvin Trial

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 03:50 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Yes you are wrong, if you prefer the other members thread go play apologist over there.

I am not even remotely wrong.

You are posting delusional nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 03:55 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
What result should you expect of resting for over nine minutes the full weight of a grown man on the neck of a person who is face down on a hard surface? What do you think will be the result of continuing to rest that weight on that neck for several minutes AFTER being told the person is no longer moving, breathing, or producing a pulse?

If the weight is not directly on the windpipe I question whether choking will be the result.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 03:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Everyone, please continue to address the trial and don't let Oralloy foul the whole thread for you with his evil nonsense.

You guys are not addressing the trial. You are posting leftist delusions.

Facts and reality may well foul your leftist delusions, but that doesn't mean that facts and reality are evil nonsense.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 04:05 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
What result should you expect of resting for over nine minutes the full weight of a grown man on the neck of a person who is face down on a hard surface? What do you think will be the result of continuing to rest that weight on that neck for several minutes AFTER being told the person is no longer moving, breathing, or producing a pulse?

If the weight is not directly on the windpipe I question whether choking will be the result.

You would, would you? You might want to reconsider that, otherwise most folks will think you are uneducated. Maybe too much time in the basement.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 04:18 pm
@glitterbag,
You shouldn't project your creepy basement fetish on your betters.

I freely confess to not knowing much about neck holds. But I expect that you know even less.
RabidFox

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 03:56 am
@oralloy,
You sir are a loser. You got the basement line from me, when Imsaid you were a basement bully.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 05:21 am
@RabidFox,
RabidFox engages in childish name-calling because he is not capable of making an intelligent argument.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 05:51 am

I know Trump followers have been conditioned not to believe what they see, but you don't need to be an expert to see Chauvin has his knew directly on the back of George Floyd's neck. He did that for while Floyd was on his back and handcuffed with arms in back of him. Other officers were holding down, he continued to press his knew on Floyd's knee even after the paramedic said there is no pulse and had to motioned to move his knew so the paramedics could load George Floyd up on the stretcher. Those are simple facts. I know the defense is going to do everything they can to obscure those facts, but the fact are there everybody to see, including the jury.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:09 am
@revelette3,
Bloody spell check. We know you meant knee, not knew.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:47 am
@izzythepush,

and we all knew the knee was unnecessary...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:22 am
Chauvin’s immediate supervisor at the time of the event and the highest ranking, longest serving police officer in Minneapolis at the time - both came to the conclusion and testified that Chauvin used excessive, unnecessary force on George Floyd.

All things being equal (and we know they are not), this would be testimony that was extremely damaging to a cop being accused of causing a death.
revelette3

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
This time can't blame it on spell check, just a typo and thinking faster than I can type correctly. I also meant neck on one of those knee's (knew)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:47 am
@snood,
If I were on the jury I'd still be interested in hearing them say what they consider the proper method of keeping the guy under control and getting him into the police car*.

Just saying "he did it wrong" over and over carries less weight with me if there isn't any way to "do it right".

But luckily for those of you who favor injustice, I'm not on the jury. Maybe if you're really lucky none of the jurors will have questions similar to mine.

*I realize that I'm posting this on the delusion thread, but note that I'm speaking from the factual reality where the guy did not allow the police to put him in a police car.
revelette3

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 08:01 am
@oralloy,
They already had handcuffs on him, they could have simply restrained him until such time as Floyd calmed down. Floyd, despite his "blackness and his big size" obviously was scared, he said he was claustrophobic and scared, he was probably afraid he was going to be killed in the car. If they just held him down, without choking him to death, eventually, Floyd would have calmed down. They could have held down there on the ground without killing him; they had enough officers there on the scene to secure him. Remember this all started over a fake twenty dollar check.

I'm trying to be reasonable with you, doubt I get a reasonable response... but anyway...
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 08:08 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
They already had handcuffs on him, they could have simply restrained him until such time as Floyd calmed down.

And how would you have them restrain him?

revelette3 wrote:
If they just held him down, without choking him to death, eventually, Floyd would have calmed down.

Just holding him down is exactly what they were doing.

revelette3 wrote:
They could have held down there on the ground without killing him; they had enough officers there on the scene to secure him.

There is some debate whether they did in fact kill him. But holding him there on the ground is exactly what they did do.

revelette3 wrote:
I'm trying to be reasonable with you, doubt I get a reasonable response... but anyway...

I always give reasonable responses.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 09:08 am
Can anyone remember another case with a police officer accused of excessive force when other police officers who served with the accused actually testified in open court that the force was, indeed excessive?

I think this aspect of this trial may be a first.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 09:18 am
@snood,
I’ve got a nasty feeling in my gut that the defence will impugn such testimony. They’ll try to say this was common police practice and his superiors are covering their backs and hanging him out to dry.

It’s what racists like that like to do, show themselves as the little man up against the machine, recast themselves as victims.

But to answer your question, no, I can’t remember another case where a superior police officer criticised the behaviour of a subordinate in such stringent terms.

Over here a serving member of the metropolitan police has just been found guilty of being a member of a banned far right terrorist group.
snood

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
That’s an interesting point, about the police brass just throwing Chauvin under the bus to cover their asses. I was just listening to a panel discussion where one of the participants made that same point. He was saying that the police might use Chauvin as an example that the police were doing a good job policing themselves.

Then, after Chauvin is sentenced to a few years in a medium security prison, they can all just go back to conducting business as usual.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 09:31 am
@snood,
Medium security??

Any reason why he won't get the country club?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 09:52 am
@snood,
That is the fear.

Similarly the Met is trying to distance itself from the convicted neo Nazi, saying it’s the first time it’s happened.

I can’t say I’m surprised, there’s a long history of corruption in the Met which is how the Krays were able to get away with stuff for so long. Also in the past few weeks a serving member of the branch that looks after high profile buildings, like foreign embassies, has been arrested after a woman was abducted and murdered when walking home.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:43:11