Quiz Question

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 10:48 am
'If 1 was a (not very pleasant by all accounts) trombonist, 2 was a saxophonist and 4 was a head waiter, then who was at number 3 for 17 years?' I can't get my head around this one! Anyone got any ideas/hints?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,844 • Replies: 8
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:06 am
@Ramires7,
Has it got something to do with The Blues Brothers?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:12 am
@Ramires7,
I'm guessing this has something to do with baseball (perhaps American or English football) jersey numbers.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
It could well be certain shirt numbers are iconic. The number 7 shirt at Manchester United was worn by greats, George Best, Eric Cantona and David Beckham.

I quickly googled no 3, it was Babe Ruth’s number, but he was a bit longer than 17 years in the role.
engineer

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:34 am
@izzythepush,
If it is baseball positions, one is the pitcher, two the catcher, 3 and 4 are first and second base.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It could well be certain shirt numbers are iconic. The number 7 shirt at Manchester United was worn by greats, George Best, Eric Cantona and David Beckham.

I quickly googled no 3, it was Babe Ruth’s number, but he was a bit longer than 17 years in the role.

Yeah, I started doing the research myself (Googling with trombone and number) but it was too much work.

My bet would be a baseball number.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:39 am
@engineer,
That’s not the same in football, shirt numbers don’t correspond to positions and cricket fielding positions all have weird names like slip, gully, silly mid on.

There’s more fielding positions than players. I don’t know if that’s the same in baseball.
0 Replies

Ramires7

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 03:35 am
Thanks for all the suggestions. Question now resolved, all husbands of Doris Day!!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 04:06 am
@Ramires7,
Thanks for letting us know. Not everyone does.
0 Replies