Are you sitting down? There’s racism in the royal family!

engineer

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 08:02 pm
I see Piers Morgan is gone from Good Morning Britian.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:49 pm
@engineer,
Apparently he left in a huff...............................all this time I thought he drove a Prius.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 02:10 am
Funny about Piers Morgan. Apparently, he had a personal relationship with Meghan and she snubbed him. Hence, the vendetta.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 02:31 am
Re: Speculation on “who said it” about Archie’s skin tone...

The day after the interview aired in Great Britain, Prince Charles did a rare public appearance - a photo op with several black Britons. When asked by a reporter for comments about the interview, Charles mumbled something unintelligible as he walked away.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 02:42 am
@engineer,
Which is a good thing, I posted about it earlier and the unprecedented amount of complaints the regulator received.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 03:07 am
@engineer,
Good article on the BBC website by Amol Rajan on Morgan’s departure. It’s been coming for a long time, Morgan doesn’t need the money, he’s on a seven figure salary from The Daily Mail and found he early mornings gruelling.

It was either give a public apology or walk out. He didn’t apologise for printing fake photos of British troops in Iraq and was sacked from the Daily Mirror in 2004 so an apology was never on the cards.

Like Trump he tweeted it first.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 01:52 pm
Piers Morgan was on the telly running from the press asking questions. At one point he accused them of attacking the Royal Family which is a bit rich considering he was the editor of the Mirror for years and still has columns with the Mail Newspaper group.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 04:01 am
More fallout from the interview. Ian Murray, head of the Society of Editors has resigned after rubbishing claims that the British press is racist.

TV presenter Charlene White pulled out of one of their awards ceremonies stating that she should be replaced by, “Someone whose views align with yours.”

The Guardian and Huffington post both disagreed with Ian Murray.
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 06:50 am
@izzythepush,
Wow, link on the Ian Murray resignation. Apparently those award ceremonies are a big deal in terms of funding so people pulling out hurt. It is interesting that what started for me as another celebrity tell all is actually having repercussions and some of the players are being held accountable.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 07:05 am
@engineer,
Our Tabloid press is awful.

And they keep getting away with it, Media giants like Murdoch are too powerful to be upset.

After the News of the World was found to be hacking the phone of a murdered schoolgirl and inquiry was set up.

It was headed up by Lord Justice Levenson and a series of recommendations were published in 2012.

None of the significant recommendations were realised. Cameron was prime minister and didn’t want to upset the press so he did a big hand wringing exercise to give the impression something was happening, but that’s all it was.

The only significant challenge to the Tabloids is social Media and online news.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 07:25 am
William was asked about racism in the Royal Family today by a group of journalists. His response was to say, “We’re very much not a racist family.”

He was also asked if he had spoken to Harry since the Oprah interview was broadcast. He said, “No, I haven’t spoken to him yet, but I will do.”
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
Wow, opportunity missed. He could have just as easily said something like "I think there is a lot of ignorance over the impact of race in our society and in our everyday interactions. Harry and Megan have pointed out some uncomfortable truths and I think it will generate introspection in my family as well as all across England."
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:07 am
@engineer,
He could but he’s not the most senior royal and may not have wanted to say something that might wrong foot his dad or grandma.

Buck House has already announced a private inquiry and I think they’re hoping it will go away.

As for the shadowy racist I’m guessing it’s some minor Royal pissed off about the pecking order. When Anne was born she was second in line to the throne, now she’s behind William and Harry and their kids.

And that’s even more of an issue with Andrew and Edward. The suspicion is that Harry is not legitimate, that Hewitt is his real father and that it’s unfair that more illegitimate heirs are getting between them and the throne.

This is just speculation.
snood

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

This is just speculation.

But the disclaimer is appreciated coming from someone so knowledgeable.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:23 am
@snood,
I hope you manage to eventually empty your bowels.
snood

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:26 am
@izzythepush,
I’m sure my backlog couldn’t hold a candle to yours.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 11:16 am
I consider it reprehensible that the British monarchy should seize an American citizen who is suffering the harrowing effects of war with her own father, stepsister and brother, then seize her passport and credit cards, whilst enobleing her with a duchess title.

Thankfully the resourceful Megan was able to use her media background and as an avid follower of MacGyver, was able to escape at least 13 times USA 2 / Canada 1 / France, Spain, Norway, Netherlands 1/ Italy 2 / Botswana 2/ and Jamaica... no, I didn't make her!

By skilful use of an old Greyhound bus ticket she was able to circumvent passport control and I am sure she must have confided in George Clooney and his wife Amal when using the Lake Como PR escape way.

The fact she alleged the incident took place five months into her pregnancy and Harry says it was before is the fault of the script writer. The nine million paid to Oprah Winfrey's production company was pure coincidence that Harpo (Productions) is Oprah spelt backwards, and nothing to do with Harpo Marx, although she should have taken his lead.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 05:06 pm
@Tryagain,
Did the Duke of Windsor continue to receive public funds after he abdicated the throne?
Tryagain

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 03:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
Hi InfraBlue and a good question too. Unfortunately my knowledge concerning the British Royal family kinda tails off around the time of the Renaissance. However it is an intriguing topic and reports tend to show the wealth of the Royal family is considerable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_the_British_royal_family

So I doubt he needed public funds to maintain his lifestyle.

However, surely the most important question to be addressed is the revelation that poor Snood is forced to conduct his ablutions by candlelight for want of electricity.

Can no-one advise him on how he can regulate his system so he can attend to the call of nature in daylight hours, as I am haunted by Don McLean lyrics... Jack flash sat on a candlestick cause fire is the devil's only friend...
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2021 10:03 am
@izzythepush,
Another "real issue" is how ridiculous it is to classify people according to their skin coloring. Sure, if you lined up a bunch of people from different places around the world and wanted a quick way to differentiate them you might draw attention to the various shades of skin tones. But one thing for sure — not one of them will actually be "white" or "black".

I got criticized for mentioning this before but it just seems ridiculous to look at that picture of the couple and label one "white" and one "black". Our preoccupation with race and ethnicity has led us to accept this terminology but those labels lose their justification as "descriptive" and quickly degenerate into cultural stereotypes.

I look forward to a day when we simply perceive people as people and don't feel the need to consign them to specific "racial identities". It's amazing how often I have to fill out a form and there's a handy check box for "race". I mean, I've provided my f***king name , address, and SSN — why do they need more? I've started ignoring the question or simply checking "other" if it's a choice. If it were really required for visual identification purposes why not choose a more accurately descriptive term unconnected with the whole concept of "race"?

Dermatologists work with skin all the time — maybe we should copy the non-racial terminology they use: How to Describe Skin Colour

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:17:26