Are you sitting down? There’s racism in the royal family!

snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:07 am
@hightor,
I mentioned it here? You’re the only one who mentioned Meghan’s skin tone. I guess you were trying to point to some irony in the fact that she is light-skinned.

And I think it’s sort of random and weird to say in the context of this thread.

Their racism is not just a cover for their classism. It’s another ugliness in addition to their classism.

There was a lot of hubbub about Kate Middleton’s ‘commoner’ status. The media assault on Meghan, and the rejection she suffered from the royals was mostly because her mom is a black woman.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 07:45 am
@snood,
I can see European in general because there is such a variety of different countries - some that tend to be very light skinned and some that tend to have darker skin tones. British tend to be very light skinned. In either case what the heck does it really matter her skin tone - I would guess the misguided royals are concerned with her African American blood she may produce a very dark skinned baby?

Who cares - she is significantly more beautiful than most of the British royals - I think they should be happy that the couple is likely to have a beautiful baby.

Someone mentioned jealously? Is that part of it? Could also be jealously in the freedom Harry and Megan are having getting away from this stuffy royal crap.
snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 08:22 am
@Linkat,
They were worried about how a dark baby would make the royal family “look”. **** ‘em, I say.

Yes, there was some talk about how they didn’t like how at ease and natural Meghan looked when she interacted with the crowds in the commonwealth. They had the same kind of jealousy toward Diana.
Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 10:06 am
@snood,
Well I wish the couple well - (Harry and Meghan that is) - they are (my opinion) and their children - much better off not being an official royal. Just imagine how much pressure is now off them - just to be who they are.

I imagine they are going to have beautiful babies whether the babies are darker skin or lighter skin or red haired as little Archie seems to be.

And really this may not be a bad thing - will cause the royals to fall down another notch in the public's opinion which is about all they have left any way just a public figure.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 10:15 am
When Harry was in the army he made a film in which he referred to another soldier as “our little Paki friend,” and he called another one a rag head.

They’re all bloody racist.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:30 am
Statement from Buck House on the BBC.

Didn’t appreciate extent of problems, that race issue will be dealt with privately and goodwill messages to the couple.

No formal investigation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

When Harry was in the army he made a film in which he referred to another soldier as “our little Paki friend,” and he called another one a rag head.

They’re all bloody racist.

I think people can change. I think Harry having a biracial wife and mixed race children, and seeing all that comes with that , he’s had a lot of impetus to change. I am willing to give him that chance.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:55 am
@snood,
Are you willing to give that same chance to the alleged royal who spoke about skin colour?
snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 12:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Are you willing to give that same chance to the alleged royal who spoke about skin colour?

I would to anyone who says they have had a wake up call and have had to confront race and racism like they never had before — as Harry has.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 12:29 pm
@snood,
Did he confront it?

I’ve not seen anything to suggest his attitudes have changed other than having his head turned by a pretty face.

Prior to the interview Meghan was in the news being accused of bullying members of the royal household.

Then there were leaks about them calling the tabloids racist which provoked an angry response about them holding public figures to account.

People who are bothered about the royal family tend to read the tabloids, notably the Mail and the Express who have already framed this as a loud American trying to destroy our institutions.

Piers Morgan has faced criticism from mental health charities for calling Meghan a liar. Left his TV programme after receiving in excess of 41,000 complaints.

The statement from Buck House was all about people recalling things differently, so what was said is already being disputed even though nobody knows what was actually said.
Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 12:54 pm
@snood,
Adding to that - how old was he at the time? Was this his first time out on his own? In one sense how is he supposed to know otherwise if this is all he had been exposed to? Be curious his thoughts about these other young men after say 4 or 5 years?

After being exposed to people of various races and backgrounds directly working with them side by side and he may realize what he said was hurtful.

It is where you end up - not where you start.

But then we are all making assumptions - based on what we can view Harry does not currently seem racist.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Did he confront it?

I’ve not seen anything to suggest his attitudes have changed other than having his head turned by a pretty face.

Did you see the interview? If you did, you would have seen Harry explaining how a big part of the reason he decided to leave was the racism that his wife and possibly kids would continue to suffer. If you saw it and you still think he’s not coming to terms with some ugly realities about his family and race, then I’d say your antipathy (or cynicism or whatever the hell it is) isn’t based on anything but what you choose to feel.

Go pick a fight with someone else, Izzy. You bore the hell out of me.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:20 pm
@snood,
No I didn’t see the interview. Nor do I watch The Crown because I’m not obsessed with the Royal Family.

This is a man quite happy to use racist language, whose grandfather has websites dedicated to his politically incorrect outbursts.

All of a sudden he’s done a volte face because of something he alleges a family member said. Leave it out.

If this was a court case it would go nowhere because it relies on hearsay, Harry’s word alone, Meghan isn’t even a witness.

Yet you believe his account.

You bore me too Snood, but at least I know what I’m talking about.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:41 pm
This is how it will play out, there will be a great fuss made about the timing of the broadcast as it has coincided with the hospitalisation of Prince Phillip.

There will be a lot on the bullying allegations and the inquiry into them.

The Tabloids will point out Harry’s resemblance to Major James Hewitt with whom Diana had an affair.

They’ll say this is just another case of an outsider being unable to hack the life of a royal, similar to Sarah Ferguson. The allegations of racism being just a cover story. As the pair were interviewed by Oprah who has done considerably well out of it, some may even say this was cooked up by them from the beginning and there will be those that believe it. The fact that Harry and Meghan haven’t been paid is academic, there are ways and means of moving money around secretly.

I despise the Royal Family, all of them, and I don’t think Harry is any different from the rest, just another privileged rich Etonian.

The real scandal isn’t that one unnamed Royal may have said something racist to Harry, it’s that his uncle Prince Andrew has got away with ******* under age girls.
snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:58 pm
@izzythepush,
You don’t obsess about the royal family, but somehow you think you know “what you’re talking about” them enough that you can school the rest of us.
You didn’t even see the interview that the thread is about.

You just want to make the discussion fit your particular Izzy bitterness. You despise them. They’re all irredeemable racists. Everyone else is obsessed and ignorant. Blah ******* blah.

I hope you got it off your chest. At least then your posts will have served some other purpose that just picking another of your stupid fights,

Piss off.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 02:19 pm
@snood,
I watch the news.

You’re the one who’s bitter, you’re the one who started the thread.

You started out by asking if anyone is surprised about racism in the Royal Family then get arsey when I agree with you.

You’ve just bought a particular narrative because it’s what you want to believe. Harry is as much an actor as Meghan, he’s been groomed for this all his life.
engineer

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 02:23 pm
Interesting article: Why are American Conservatives Siding With the Royal Family

Quote:
As Meghan and Harry spun their tale of royal woe to Oprah Winfrey on Sunday night—the racially tinged comments, the fatherly cold shoulders, the rescue chickens—a strange thing happened on my Twitter feed: It split in two, down political lines. Among liberals, the comments were fully pro-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Sussex; many praised Meghan Markle for her honesty about her mental health struggles, raged along with Winfrey about the cruelty of the British press, and declared that two women of color were singlehandedly dismantling a centuries-old institution.

But among conservatives, there was a distinct lack of sympathy—and even some concern for the strain this must be putting on the poor dears in the monarchy. “This is a lot of discussion about a stressful week and flower girl dresses,” wrote Fox News host Dana Perino, prompting responses like, “she was speaking as if she had no idea what she was going into ahead of time” and “I feel really badly for the Queen.”

On the face of it, the contrast is surprising. If there’s one idea the plebeian citizens of a former British colony should be able to unite around—the ultimate bipartisan issue—it’s a willingness to stick it to the monarchy. Wasn’t this what the founders fought a war for in the first place?

But there’s a good reason why the royal rift in England has prompted a political divide across the pond. The warring takes on Meghan and Harry mirror a difference in worldview that has governed domestic politics for years: between the left, with its focus on systemic change, and the right, with its emphasis on individual responsibility.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I watch the news.

You’re the one who’s bitter, you’re the one who started the thread.

You started out by asking if anyone is surprised about racism in the Royal Family then get arsey when I agree with you.

You’ve just bought a particular narrative because it’s what you want to believe. Harry is as much an actor as Meghan, he’s been groomed for this all his life.

You don’t know any more about it than anyone else.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:00 pm
@snood,
From this side of the pond.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:04 pm
The real issue which has been swept away with the speculation about who the shadowy Royal might be was what they said about the Tabloid Press.

It is racist, very, but that criticism will all be drowned out in a load of phoney outrage.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:53:52