gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:51 am
What kind of pets do you have? I have a rabbit named Foo Foo.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,987 • Replies: 17
No top replies

the prince

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 03:39 am
I have a painter named Luke - wait no, he is not a pet, in the sense which Gezzy is talking abt.

I dont have one, simply because I dont have the time with my hectic schedule and tonnes of travelling to look after one. But I love dogs - always had a dog at my parents house (not recently though). The last dog we had was called Tipu (or Teeps as I lovingly called him) - we had got him when he was 3 weeks old, and he passed away (was put down) at the ripe old age of 12 yrs. Teeps was a white pom, and was one of the most intelligent dogs I have ever had. His eyes talked to you, and he could convery all that he wanted, just by a mere look. He was fiercly protective of me, to the extent that he used to growl at my ynger brother when we fought. But his favortie person in the whole hosue was my dad - my dad treated him like his thrid son. I never remembered sleeping in my dad's bed, but Teeps had no qualms abt it, he used to jump up to his bed, put his head on Dad's pillow and sleep snuggled up next to him !!

Rest in peace Teeps - we still miss you !!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 04:27 am
I've always been a cat person. Right now we have "The Great Big Magnificent Cat" aka Tommy here overseas, a small white female cat named "Spot" in Arizona, and a couple strays who are trying to be adopted by us.

My wife has "Sage", the wet nose dog. I must admit that Sage does a good job of being a watchdog when I'm away (all too frequently), but she is the absolute dumbest dog I've ever seen. I was watching her in the backyard a year or two ago when it was just barely raining. She couldn't quite figure out what was hitting her on the head, and was staring up trying to see what was happening.

This really doesn't qualify as pets, but we put a hummingbird feeder up on our porch in Arizona. I love to watch them come by.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:43 am
I have two dogs - (Tammy Faye) Bakker and (Sister Bertryl) who is known as Bird.

I have two cats - Boomerang and Cookie.

I have one fish - Mom

I feed several stray cats and one curious racoon but I don't really consider them pets.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:19 am
I have a cat named screech (black and white tuxedo) and a dog named bootsie (boxer). Some of you have heard aaaallll about screech.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:56 am
Senior Cat - Sober, responsible, orange tom cat named Spooky.
Middle Cat - Grey and white tom named Nermal - a real wise guy.
The kid - Black longhair with tons of personality. Barney was an unintended acquisition. Couldn't turn him out after rescuing him.

The yard cats:

Mooch - Looks suspiciously like Barney and a year older - unapproachable.

Freeloader - Solid grey female. Mooch's sister and littermate. Freeloader gets upset when you pull her tail.

Hairball - Longhair tabby female - Probably Barney's mother.

Fuzzface - Massive shorthair tom. Handsome beast, but untouched by human hands
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:03 am
Gee roger, ya like cats?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:04 am
I'm a cat person myself and would have atleast one if my son wasn't allergic to them. I also love dogs, but they are a lot of work. I love all animals and as far back as I can remember, I wanted a horse. I still do, but they are an expensive animal to maintain. When I was little I wanted a tiger, LOL!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:08 am
In my family, we have pet-people all the way back to italy. My mom's side of the family. My dad's side, not so much.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:13 am
LOL Littlek. That must be fun.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:17 am
When I grew up, we always had a dog. It started out with a Rottweiler. When he died we got something like a German Sheperd mix, then a cocker spaniel, then a little black thing that thought she was human. My parents took her everywhere. She died very old.

Now BigDice and I have two cats - Nisse and his sister Mysan. And you all know Nisse and Mysan, I bet! ;-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:43 am
I like 'em, little k, but really think one is about the ideal number. I started feeding the yard cats in the fall of 2001. They were quite young to be facing a homeless winter. Seems like, once they get on the dole, they never get off.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:14 am
I have two cats..black short hairs..Zoey & Cleo
I have yard cat Coty who visits all the time and I take him most of the time when I can
I have some fish <2 little tanks>-which recently was added to by guppie fry...4 have survived
I have a skunk in the driveway..does that count?
I have birds nesting in my back door..do they count?
I suppose Im just a city dweller gone mad...well, except that I dont have a dog..which I miss having greatly.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:15 am
that is I take Coty home most of the time, when I can, when he lets me...glad I got to know him when he wore his collar
Which I must say is very important for those who have roaming outdoor cats..please make sure your name and number are on them...so your neighbors know who to harrass Wink
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:17 am
Hi Gezzy....

The love of my life is *Jack* - Super Border Collie!!!!

He's three-and-a-half years old, and is black-and-white. When I get home from work, he's always so happy to see me. He sleeps on my bed and cuddles up with me on the couch. He loves to play frisbee, and he will play for Hours and Hours! He knows the name of some of his toys. If I say "where's your rope?", he'll find the rope toy. If I say "where's the ball?", he'll find the ball. When I'm getting ready for work, in the morning, I sit on the edge of the bed while putting on my shoes. Jack always shoves his nose under my arm, so I have to set down my shoe and scratch him on the head. He will never take 'no' for an answer, even if I tell him I'm late for work!

Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:22 am
urs
Sounds like a great clan :-)

Roger
You are just so sweet to be taking care are our cat friends.

Quinn
It all counts. Skunks and birds are people too ;-)

Peace and Love
Jack sounds so sweet. I have always loved collie's :-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:26 am
roger - two cats is the best, I think....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:29 am
So, which do you want, Nermal or Barney?
0 Replies