Being called a racist

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 03:10 pm
One of my biggest dreams is to form a successful rock band that would be like my favourite ones. But there's a problem. My favourite mostly have white members. I don't mind black or Asian people and musicians. I really love Whitney Houston, Prince or Michael Jackson and I'm starting to like also X Japan, and I talk to everyone who has the same interests like me and things like that. But because I want to have a band that I want to have, white members would be better for me, but if there was a talented person of a different race, I would take them, too. I know this is very racist, but I feel like this. Maybe it's influenced by the fact I'm actually from a country where aren't many black people. I don't want to be called racist, and I don't wanna be a racist. Is there a way how I can change it?

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 05:07 pm
@SilentEvil,

Quote:
Rosanna Arquette tweeted “I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame.” Exactly. Do you think it’s hard being a black man in a white man’s world? Try being a white woman who feels bad about you being a black man in the white man’s world.

Look, none of us chose to be born white — not even Ed Sheeran. So just stop, because you know what might be the worst part of white shame? You bore the **** out of black people at parties. You meet black people and say things like “Black Panther was so meaningful to me.” No it wasn’t, it wasn’t a cultural milestone for you. I have taken an informal sampling among some black folks I know and the consensus seems to be: awareness, yes, is great. White people certainly should acknowledge they’ve had it easier go of it.

But black folks are not asking white’s to always be flagellating themselves, because it makes everything awkward, all right? It puts the burden on black people to absolve YOU. It’s really asking black people to again do something for YOU: forgive ME, absolve ME, recognize that I’m one of the good white people. Jesus, haven’t black people suffered enough? Slavery, Jim Crow… and now I got to make some yuppie feel better about himself? As a black friend of mine said—and I quote—”I’m doing I, I don’t need your pity.”
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 05:08 pm
@SilentEvil,
First understand that if skin color is one of your major criteria or preferences for bandmates, that is pretty much the definition of racist, but at least you realize that. Do you care what their eye color is? How about how tall they are? Your best best would be to focus solely on their musical aptitude. The best rock band will start with the best musicians, so look for the best musicians you can find without regard to their skin color.
SilentEvil

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 05:23 pm
@engineer,
It's not my preference, as I said I'd take anyone, but I'm heavily influenced by the society I live in, and by my role models.
I don't mind anyone or anything until it's hurting me, if you get it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 07:47 pm
@SilentEvil,
FFS! No one is going to call out a band for simply because it has white members as racist. But you're setting yourself up for a much-deserved charge of racism because you're not only putting the horse before the cart; you're throwing that same horse into the Grand Canyon of racism by simply excluding nonwhite musicians from the get-go. And being open to the public about it.

1. You have your damn work cut out for you because the odds of getting a successful rock band are really slim (no matter what the race of any and all members of your hypothetical band).
2. You just set down an undeletable digital trail to your possible inherent and unrecognized racism by creating this thread. And yes, that's a legitimate fact. a2k will NEVER delete this thread, no matter how much you request it. That's just how they run the site. Do you have any plans to rob a bank? Post them here. Lay down a digital paper trail for others to link any bad decisions you are going to follow through on (by posting on a public forum - and if one is... diligent and motivated enough, they can add 1+1 and connect your real identity with what you post publicly online).

That's the ultimate irony. If you never made this thread and went ahead with making an all-white members band, even at the expense of excluding musicians of other races? NO ONE WOULD HAVE EVER CALLED YOU OUT ON RACISM (unless you plan on a. writing and performing racist songs with racist lyrics; b. just act racist in the public eye - above and beyond how you recruit future band members).
maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 07:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wait... Tsarstepan

You are threatening to seek out SilentEvil's real identity and out them so that you can call his band.

I don't know why you are such an angry person, but that seems a little excessive.
Real Music

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 08:13 pm
@SilentEvil,
Quote:
One of my biggest dreams is to form a successful rock band that would be like my favourite ones. But there's a problem. My favourite mostly have white members. I don't mind black or Asian people and musicians. I really love Whitney Houston, Prince or Michael Jackson and I'm starting to like also X Japan, and I talk to everyone who has the same interests like me and things like that. But because I want to have a band that I want to have, white members would be better for me, but if there was a talented person of a different race, I would take them, too. I know this is very racist, but I feel like this. Maybe it's influenced by the fact I'm actually from a country where aren't many black people. I don't want to be called racist, and I don't wanna be a racist. Is there a way how I can change it?

What does niche mean?

A niche is a place or position that’s particularly appropriate for someone or something, especially due to being very specific and different from others.

Niche often refers to a position or interest that allows someone or something to thrive in a particular environment. It’s especially used in the context of people’s careers to refer to the specific position, occupation, or business that will set them apart from others and allow them to be successful.

When someone tells you to “find your niche,” they mean you should find the very specific activity or position that sets you apart and in which you can find success or fulfillment.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/niche
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 08:13 pm
@maxdancona,
Don't be an idiot Max. You know exactly what I'm saying. In her nearly impossible scenario, if she ever started a famous, successful band that there always will be paparazzi/entertainment journalists who are going to do a deep dive on her because that's what they do ... to get as many clickbaity views as possible. You're not that naive. You're an often hypocritical jerk but not that naive.
0 Replies

wdh523

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2021 10:35 pm
@SilentEvil,
If you go about life trying to perfectly imitate someone successful you yourself will not be successful. A musician's skintone shouldn't have an effect on you doing something you enjoy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 07:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Wait... Tsarstepan

You are threatening to seek out SilentEvil's real identity and out them so that you can call his band.

I don't know why you are such an angry person, but that seems a little excessive.

Where did you come up with that nonsense from the man postings?

We live in a digit age where anyone can look up your statements and link them to your real ID without too must of a problem and over decades of time.

That is a fact that people should keep in mind to reduce their chances of ruining their life over an opinion stated decades ago.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 09:23 am
@BillRM,
Tsarstepan is being a bully. This is ridiculous threat.

So you think that someone 10 years years in the future

1) Silent Evil is going to be as big as Weezer (yeah I am old, but you get the point).

2) Someone with knowledge and ability is going to take the time to either hack the Able2know security, or they are going to bribe of kidnap the moderators of Able2know to get SilentEvil's posts.

3) They are going to publish these posts where Silent Evil is asking about racism and claim they prove that SilentEvil is a racist. And people are going to care enough to read about one of the millions of people on the internet who is racist. Everyone on the internet has been called a racist.

This threat is not only ridulcous... it also starts with the assumption that SilentEvil is going to be rich and famous. In that case he will be able to hire a good PR firm.

I am a racist pedophile who masturbates to Hitler. I am not worried.

This is sillly.

Real Music

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:16 pm
@SilentEvil,
Quote:
One of my biggest dreams is to form a successful rock band that would be like my favourite ones.

Can you name some of those favorites?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
You don't believe that posts on the internet are forever and available till the end of the internet?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:31 pm
@RABEL222,
No, I don't believe that.

1) There are lots of posts that are deleted and lost forever. There was site called "Seeing Eye Theatre" that had a brilliant animation for the great science fiction story "They're made out of Meat". I loved it, the site went down, and now try as I might it seems to have been lost to history.

2) The group My Chemical Romance is currently hot. How many of their posts from 20 years ago do have you seen? Nobody cares about most of the hundreds of millions of posts from decades ago. Even if they technically exist on some server somewhere, if no one knows about them and no one is reading them... so what?

This paranoia is silly.

SilentEvil

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:37 pm
@Real Music,
Rock bands of the 60s - 90s mostly. Beatles, Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, Metallica, Led Zeppelin...
There are plenty, but I don't like them because they are white, but because I like their music. I don't want it to look like they make me prefer something over the other things, because they really don't.
But I'm not saying black don't do and can't make great music. Hendrix is probably the best guitarist the world has ever seen, and Jackson was a talented legend who completely deserves the title "King of Pop". I think there wasn't anyone better than him in the history of pop. Also Boney M have great music, Whitney Houston was more talented than some white singers in my opinion, and The Supremes were great female band.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:39 pm
Imagine being an Ancient Roman, where what you wrote was literally written in stone. Thousands of years later we are still talking about them.

This is the from the internet from 2000 years ago... (so maybe they do have a point).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0aRqc5XgAEr-Rf?format=jpg&name=large

There are hundreds of millions of things on the internet. No one cares.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 12:58 pm
Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, along with Jason Bonham, playing Stairway to Heaven
as a tribute for Led Zeppelin

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 01:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Sorry no reason to hack a data base as when you are dealing with tens of thousands of postings over decades information will leak one way or the other concerning the IDs of the posters.

Once example of this

Quote:

https://www.extremetech.com/internet/303731-the-personal-data-of-267-million-facebook-users-leaks-online

If you’re a Facebook user wondering if your personal information has been leaked, the answer by this point is almost certainly “yes.” The latest privacy snafu in a long series of them involves about 267 million users. Comparitech and security researcher Bob Diachenko spotted a repository of Facebook user data exposed online for multiple weeks. It has since vanished but not before links to the data appeared on hacker forums. Yes, this is the company that wants to create its own operating system so it can stop using the open source Android OS.

The data was available in Elasticsearch, a distributed full-text search engine. The researchers report that the Facebook database first appeared in Elasticsearch on or around December 4th. On December 12th, the data appeared as a download on a hacker forum. Two days later, Diachenko discovered the database and sent an abuse report to the ISP associated with the AP address. On December 19th, the database vanished from Elasticsearch.

We can safely assume an unknown number of online criminal types managed to grab the database before it went offline. The 267,140,436 records didn’t include passwords or other highly sensitive information, but it did have Facebook IDs, phone numbers, full name, and a timestamp. From that, someone could find your Facebook profile to gather more intelligence and conduct an effective phishing attack. Comparitech notes that the database would be idea for SMS-based scams.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2021 09:11 pm
@BillRM,
You are being silly. These scare tactics have nothing to do with Able2know.

You haven't given Able2know your full name or your telephone number.

Let's be clear about what is happening here. Tsarstepan is bullying the OP. He is trying to muzzle him by making a scary threat. Just on principle the OP should tell him what to do with himself. Honestly speaking, there is nothing that the OP has written that puts him at any risk. Go back and read the post, the paranoia is laughable.

When people stop being afraid of the internet bullies, the bullying will stop.

BillRM

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2021 12:59 am
@maxdancona,
Let see over the years I have given enough information about myself in bits and pieces along with the information contain in my handle for example to be ID if someone wish to take the time to do so using modern search engines.

Doing so is more then common to most long term posters.

1. Forums
  2. » Being called a racist
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:20:04